Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ancient Seraphim
Rafe of the Crystal Vale
Ancient Seraphim
Amus
Ancient Seraphim
I used the "newbie" label long ago; I got into the habit of using the other because many people didn't know what I was talking about.

Again, please forgive me if it sounded as if I was griping about the "noobs." I wished this to be a safe haven for all Gaians who consider themself intellectual.
No ofense taken. 3nodding I know most people use "noob" because it's easier. sweatdrop Almost.. kinda sad.

xd heart I've been hanging out in the Welcome forum too long. I'd forgotten how charming the English language could be. surprised heart So smecksy. xd

I enjoy typing everything out, as I stated before. It's easier to me to type the word correctly than to type each abbreviated.

I literally cannot bring myself, personally, to type with numbers in the place of letters or to use the shortened abbreviations of words (such as "u" for "you" wink . I've never been able to do it. I just...can't do it. I pride myself in my grammar and vocabulary. The only word I shorten is usually "because" simply because sometimes I'm in a rush, and I type out "cuz" since it actually is faster. But, usually, I use the full word.

Earlier in my internet adventure(around the time of 97) I used the terms, simply because I thought they were easier. Over time I grew back into the correct way to do things; simply because I was loaded with schoolwork and it forced me to get back into the "right" way.

Ah yes. Schoolwork is also that which brought me back into the sweet mother-womb of proper grammar and spelling. I used to never capitalize and used such terms as well. But, being enrolled in an honors college program quickly whipped such things out of me. Now, I cannot help but type properly...or, as properly as I can remember to. After all, I cannot remember every single rule about syntax and proper use of semi-colons. I just wing it, and hope it makes sense - as well as be aesthetically pleasing.
Rafe of the Crystal Vale
Ancient Seraphim
Cathara
Hello hello. How'd you get this thread in here Seraphim? I thought you had to have a specific topic in the ED, not that I'm complaining, I'm applauding. 3nodding

I hoped it would be accepted; presently I'm not sure if it still will be, perhaps the mods haven't seen it? At any rate, it's lovely to see you Cathara; I thank you for visiting.

Indeed, I do hope that this topic does stay. Granted, I do not venture to Gaia as often as I once did, due to responsibilities that must be seen to in real life. However, it would be nice to know that I'd have some place to relax for a while and engage in intellectual conversation with other, like-minded individuals.

As it was my intention for people to enjoy it. I have been thinking I should perhaps also try to create a guild; however...I do not have the funds to do so.

The reason I have come back onto this lovely site is the fact that I have nothing to do most of the time. It keeps me occupied when I am not sleeping, writing or brainstorming for my novel, or talking to my beautiful one.
Ancient Seraphim
Cathara
Hello hello. How'd you get this thread in here Seraphim? I thought you had to have a specific topic in the ED, not that I'm complaining, I'm applauding. 3nodding

I hoped it would be accepted; presently I'm not sure if it still will be, perhaps the mods haven't seen it? At any rate, it's lovely to see you Cathara; I thank you for visiting.

Certainly, 'tis good to have a haven of intellectional discussion.
Ancient Seraphim
Rafe of the Crystal Vale
Ancient Seraphim
Rafe of the Crystal Vale

I always felt that "faith" was never really a debatable subject, due to the fact that, usually, it's just personal opinion and anecdotes than anything else. There are nearly no factual sources to cite when discussing faith. And it's also very difficult to discuss such personal issues without people becoming personally invested into it. Attack their standpoint on one such issue, and they take it as an attack against their person, and from there, things just take a bad turn.

Quite true; it is human nature I'd suppose to defend what they believe is right. As you stated(and quite well I should say) "...usually,it's just personal opinion and anecdotes..."

Yes, though human nature can be fought. I try not to take such things too personally. In fact, it's incredibly difficult to upset me in anyway. I'm much too jovial a person. I enjoy life and laughing to let such things bring me down. Though, that's not to say that I don't feel pain or anguish or angst - especially when it concerns matters of the heart. But, for the most part, I live by the idea to "not sweat the small stuff" and remember that, truly, it's all small stuff.

I try to keep a positive outlook on most things; but since I am indeed human, or so I believe myself to be, I have flaws. I believe everyone experiences the negative emotions we deem to be "pain." The thing that gets the most I'd have to say is those that come from the heart; it makes me greatly sad to see someone in pain and I can do nothing but try to make them laugh. More or less, I wish I could take the pain away to which they would never know it again.

Ah! We seem to be kindred spirits, then. I also seek to do the same. I'm a bit empathic when it comes to others emotions. If they're down, I tend to be melancholy as well. Which is why I try to fight it and provide them with mirth and entertainment. One of the most wonderful gifts in the world is a smile and laughter brought on by something you did. It's a really uplifting feeling, to tell the truth. And, such practicies have honed my wit to a pretty moderate level - high enough to be well loved by most people I meet, in fact.
Rafe of the Crystal Vale

Ah yes. Schoolwork is also that which brought me back into the sweet mother-womb of proper grammar and spelling. I used to never capitalize and used such terms as well. But, being enrolled in an honors college program quickly whipped such things out of me. Now, I cannot help but type properly...or, as properly as I can remember to. After all, I cannot remember every single rule about syntax and proper use of semi-colons. I just wing it, and hope it makes sense - as well as be aesthetically pleasing.

I wished to take a college course during my highschool career. That was of course after my first two years; I was not interested in my school career, and now I wish I had been. Thankfully, all of my teachers apparently <i>believed</i> in my potential and I often had the book thrown at me before any other student. I had more expected of me; though I'm not quite sure why.
Ancient Seraphim
Rafe of the Crystal Vale
Ancient Seraphim
Cathara

Indeed, I do hope that this topic does stay. Granted, I do not venture to Gaia as often as I once did, due to responsibilities that must be seen to in real life. However, it would be nice to know that I'd have some place to relax for a while and engage in intellectual conversation with other, like-minded individuals.

As it was my intention for people to enjoy it. I have been thinking I should perhaps also try to create a guild; however...I do not have the funds to do so.

The reason I have come back onto this lovely site is the fact that I have nothing to do most of the time. It keeps me occupied when I am not sleeping, writing or brainstorming for my novel, or talking to my beautiful one.

Likewise. I usually only come on when I'm bored or have nothing better to do, or have a few minutes before I have to do something. I used to be on daily, for hours at a time. Then, rehearsals reared their heads once more...and, really, I must choose my beloved career over an internet site.
SinfulGuillotine
I believe my very existance makes people laugh. In the words of a former lover, "Enjolras, you have the grace of a swan on crack. Just thought you should know."
xd !!! Someday.. I will use that line in something. xd heart You are so adorable! I could just eat you! domokun

<________< Hmm.. I believe I should read what everyone else is talking about, no?
Cathara
Ancient Seraphim
Cathara

Certainly, 'tis good to have a haven of intellectional discussion.

Is it not though? Always fun to have a good conversation and discussion as well.

Perfect Trash

Rafe of the Crystal Vale
Ancient Seraphim
Rafe of the Crystal Vale
Ancient Seraphim
Amus
Ancient Seraphim
I used the "newbie" label long ago; I got into the habit of using the other because many people didn't know what I was talking about.

Again, please forgive me if it sounded as if I was griping about the "noobs." I wished this to be a safe haven for all Gaians who consider themself intellectual.
No ofense taken. 3nodding I know most people use "noob" because it's easier. sweatdrop Almost.. kinda sad.

xd heart I've been hanging out in the Welcome forum too long. I'd forgotten how charming the English language could be. surprised heart So smecksy. xd

I enjoy typing everything out, as I stated before. It's easier to me to type the word correctly than to type each abbreviated.

I literally cannot bring myself, personally, to type with numbers in the place of letters or to use the shortened abbreviations of words (such as "u" for "you" wink . I've never been able to do it. I just...can't do it. I pride myself in my grammar and vocabulary. The only word I shorten is usually "because" simply because sometimes I'm in a rush, and I type out "cuz" since it actually is faster. But, usually, I use the full word.

Earlier in my internet adventure(around the time of 97) I used the terms, simply because I thought they were easier. Over time I grew back into the correct way to do things; simply because I was loaded with schoolwork and it forced me to get back into the "right" way.

Who can remember every single grammatical rule of the English language? It's a rather ridiculous language in the first place.

I can't say that I've ever found myself using things such as "u" for "you"and so forth. It always seemd to downgrade the intelligence of everything in my eyes, so I never did it. I don't see how it would really save all that much time anyway.
Rafe of the Crystal Vale

Ah! We seem to be kindred spirits, then. I also seek to do the same. I'm a bit empathic when it comes to others emotions. If they're down, I tend to be melancholy as well. Which is why I try to fight it and provide them with mirth and entertainment. One of the most wonderful gifts in the world is a smile and laughter brought on by something you did. It's a really uplifting feeling, to tell the truth. And, such practicies have honed my wit to a pretty moderate level - high enough to be well loved by most people I meet, in fact.

It would seem so. I'd agree, the most wonderful thing you can give someone is a smile and a nice laugh. Although, I'd have to say the best gift I've been given is hope within darkness I had in my earlier years in life. That, my friends, is a long story and I'm sure you've all heard it before.

Perfect Trash

Amus
SinfulGuillotine
I believe my very existance makes people laugh. In the words of a former lover, "Enjolras, you have the grace of a swan on crack. Just thought you should know."
xd !!! Someday.. I will use that line in something. xd heart You are so adorable! I could just eat you! domokun

<________< Hmm.. I believe I should read what everyone else is talking about, no?

*hides* Please don't eat me. I assure you, I wouldn't taste that good.
Rafe of the Crystal Vale

Likewise. I usually only come on when I'm bored or have nothing better to do, or have a few minutes before I have to do something. I used to be on daily, for hours at a time. Then, rehearsals reared their heads once more...and, really, I must choose my beloved career over an internet site.

Rehearsals you say? What is it you career consists of? An actor or a musician perhaps?
Ancient Seraphim
Rafe of the Crystal Vale

I wished to take a college course during my highschool career. That was of course after my first two years; I was not interested in my school career, and now I wish I had been. Thankfully, all of my teachers apparently <i>believed</i> in my potential and I often had the book thrown at me before any other student. I had more expected of me; though I'm not quite sure why.

Same experience here. My first two years of high school were filled with slacking off, playing Magic instead of going to class, and other jack-assery. The last two years, I shaped up because I realized that if I didn't, I'd be living with my parents until I'm 30 (though, heh, I'm 23 and still live with my parents...so, my plan hasn't exactly gone into effect as of yet). But, those last two years apparently shaped me incredibly well - well enough to enter into that honors program, which then proceeded to beat me and spit me back out. I'm a better person for it, actually. I really wish I could just be in school until the day I die. I learn so many interesting things, even in classes I didn't necessarily want to take in the first place.
SinfulGuillotine
Amus
SinfulGuillotine

*hides* Please don't eat me. I assure you, I wouldn't taste that good.
surprised I'm sure with a little ketchup you would be delicious! 3nodding
SinfulGuillotine
Rafe of the Crystal Vale
Ancient Seraphim
Rafe of the Crystal Vale
Ancient Seraphim
Amus
Ancient Seraphim

Who can remember every single grammatical rule of the English language? It's a rather ridiculous language in the first place.

I can't say that I've ever found myself using things such as "u" for "you"and so forth. It always seemd to downgrade the intelligence of everything in my eyes, so I never did it. I don't see how it would really save all that much time anyway.

That it is. I do believe that someone once told me that it is one of the most difficult (if not the most difficult) language in the world to learn. Though, I've tried to learn Gaelic before...and am still semi-attempting...and yeesh, it's a nutty language.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff