Welcome to Gaia! ::

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
That I love handsome men. heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ideally, I'd like to look a bit more edgy though

IRL I dress really frumpy. It'd be nice if I could get away with cooler clothes though.

Anyway, I grew up reading a lot of manga and watching a lot of anime, so I kind of idealize characters like this. Though I obviously consider them attractive, it's more well... I guess on some level I do wish I could be like that. Maybe it's because I'm actually a pretty shy person. sweatdrop

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I think I took a similar class once but it went into all this bullshit about what colours symbolise too.

I'm a flamboyant dresser IRL and Gaia but I'm actually shy as ********]. I mean I don't give a crap if people think I dress weird of 'like a f*****t' but I can barely speak to a new person.

My avatars say that I'm impractical, don't want to blend in, am probably giving off an attention-whore vibe, don't take myself seriously. Maybe I'm an inner extrovert trying to get out?

Ever heard of 'peacocking' where males dress up with fancy 'plumage' to attract a mate? My avy looks peacocked to hell and back XD

EDIT: for context, here's RL me

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
sort of hard to analyze the difference between what i like on gaia and offline, but when i started out using this account i tried to dress it as closely as to what i'd prefer to wear IRL. at this point my avatar is a delicious coca-skinned teal-eyed light-haired brunette...because it just turned out that way.

i had this weird experimentation phase after high school that included wearing weird s**t like this
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Which might not look too weird in tektek/a pixel avatar, but it's pretty weird IRL if you're wearing things like lace, frilly knits, and bright orange. Then again, the city I was living in back then was pretty accepting of diversity, being an extremely liberal school and all. Some people actually wore things like fedoras regularly. Especially in my English classes. LOL

Nowadays my style is more like
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Outdoors

and

Indoors

LOL

Also using tektek like this has made me realize how many items Gaia lacks that reflect real life fashion/clothes. For the life of me I could not find a single yellow pair of shorts that were of decent cut. Or simple black heel ankle boots. Or even a plain orange tank top. Or even a decent plain green tank top. Or just plain green shirt that isn't eye-stabbingly bright. Where are all the normal colored/looking tees Gaia!!
DUDddddeeee!!!!

Friendly Citizen

My Avatar is inspired by my faith in God : )
along with multiple facets to my personality.

•The pendant symbolizes my faith
•The pink flowers represent my love of nature/gardening [even though I'm still a green thumb-newb xD]
•The birds represent my love of animals-wild & domestic
•The dress represents my girly side with regards to fashion and personality
And the hair ..well.. my hair is black and used to be pretty long but not like Rapunzel long.

OH and the tree symbolizes the gift of life

And now..my real life look xD

BEHOLD.
This is my workout gear.

And this is my typical everyday outer wear since it's winter in Canada.

Magical Kitten

That line about shy people dressing to conform or blend in with the people around them is so stinking true. I could look like any other college/high school girl (its super hard to tell my age just from my appearance) out there, I don't wear anything flashy or too bold. I like my clothes to be blue, purple, or green, not just because those are some of my favorite colors but also because it stands out a whole lot less than red or yellow.

I'm actually a very artistic, creative person but most of the time you can't tell that from what I wear. I mean, I can't afford to buy the clothes I'd like to, but even when I get something fabulous (as a gift or on sale, usually) I end up not wearing it because oh god what if people want to talk to me?? I'm comfortable being a wallflower.

On gaia I can represent myself better, I can dress in the delicate, feminine styles I love, and I can have a fantasy flair to my outfit without someone giving me weird looks. When I'm more confident with myself IRL I tend to dress almost elven, like if LOTR was set in modern day. I've gotten some weird comments. My mom calls some of my outfits "artistic" which is her politically correct way of saying I don't look like a normal person. But usually its just jeans, random graphic tee, cardigan if its cold enough, and flats (can't do heels, more height means more attention).

Fantasy is a humongous part of my life, so my avis tend to reflect that better than my IRL style. I grew up reading fantasy books (except, randomly, my grandma thinks fantasy = devil worshiping, so instead she gives me holocaust books?), watching fantasy movies, making up fantasy stories. My barbies were never just barbies, they were wizards and elves and princesses and adventuring women in fabulous clothes. So many of my avis take on a fantastical bend.

Other random thoughts: I've had blue eyes on my avi since I joined, I guess I wish I had more interesting eye color? My mom and brothers have blue eyes and I used to be quite jealous - I had to be stuck with the boring genetics. Also I really like having blue hair, at one point I wanted to dye (some of) my hair blue or purple, but everyone basically said that's too weird, I'd stand out too much an not be able to get a job teaching. Speaking of that, I put off piercing my nose because of that hanging over my head, but I'm really glad I did it finally, its like a tiny burst of confidence in the form of a sparkly blue diamond. And I'm not going to teach, because hell no, but also I can't do the professional thing - its too stuffy. I hate slacks and button-up blouses and pencil skirts and conservative shoes. I mean, I can't even work at a desk! Oh another part of the reason I stick to the jeans+tee combo is because stretchy t-shirts are like the only thing that will fit me. I have a tiny frame, but big-ish boobs, making it impossible to just willy-nilly buy something from the store (and extremely difficult to find a bra). Most of what I'd love to wear I'd need to custom make it for myself (part of the reason I'm learning how to sew) or heavily modify something store bought. And I just don't have the time or ability to do that right now, or the money to pay someone else.

Moonlight Lover

19,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Champion 300
(I'm not gonna use my current, but an avatar I wore just a few days ago that I think fits more for this and that I like wearing more.)

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm pretty sure when people usually see the first avatar they think 'Oh, well she should put more clothes on or she could be a whore and yatta yatta yatta...'. Which isn't really true. I just like the way she looks. I think she looks sexy. And I like looking sexy on Gaia probably because I can't pull it off in real life.

Or maybe it's because I like sex? Doubtful.

Because everyone I know usually just call me cute. And it really bugs the hell out of me. I mean, I can do cute avatars on Gaia but I've never really liked them.

The same thing goes for colors I guess. Usually I wear a lot of dark colors in real life. Nothing too bright and girly because I can't pull it off as well as I can with Gaia. I always seem to wear pink or purple. Or some sexy black and red together. And it'll usually be lingerie type of avatar.

And plus everything that I would wear in real life is either pricey as ******** or it doesn't come in my size. I don't mean like plus sizes, but I mean size 13 or so. It's really hard to find large size items rather than just plus size ones.

Anyway, maybe more or what I want to be comes out when it comes to Gaia rather than what I am. I mean hell, if I could dress like my avatar in real life, I would never be on here. At all.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

I am not really sure what my avatars say about me or what impression I give off. I tend to just wear items I like or find interesting. I wear what I like, what I find interesting and...that's about it. In real life, I'm a lot about functional and comfort...and maybe awesome boots for the sake of just being awesome. I do not like clutter clinging to me so I'm not big on jewelry and other accessories (unless they're functional).

I love seeing other people pull off awesome accessories but they just get in my way and annoy me, so my outfits are fairly simple. If I can slouch a little, be warm, and not look like a hobo--it's fine.

But on Gaia, I don't have to worry about hats and belts and monocles being irritating so I definitely deck my avatar out in those. I think there's a clear distinction between how I select clothes in real life, and how I select clothes on Gaia. I don't have to worry about comfort or warmth, or having annoying dangley things get in my way so my avatar's clothes don't have to be functional.

((Gaia needs some normal auburn hairstyles. ;~~; ))

Enduring Seeker

13,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
Irl, I mostly dress in non-branded plain clothing. T-shirt, jeans, and a scruffy jacket.
I guess I dress as so to not stand out, although I have had people mistake me for a hobo on the street more than once...

In Gaia, I mostly wear masks/armor when I'm feeling less than sociable. Its fairly rare to see me smile.
I'd like to think I give off that "strong silent type" vibe, but I probably come across as more of an emo...

Personally, I don't give first impressions much weight. I base my opinions of a person on what they say or how they act, rather than the clothes they wear.
I'm not knocking people who value fashion. I'm just saying its something I don't believe in.

Fluffy Cat

Dickie Twinkles
I think I took a similar class once but it went into all this bullshit about what colours symbolise too.

I'm a flamboyant dresser IRL and Gaia but I'm actually shy as ********]. I mean I don't give a crap if people think I dress weird of 'like a f*****t' but I can barely speak to a new person.

My avatars say that I'm impractical, don't want to blend in, am probably giving off an attention-whore vibe, don't take myself seriously. Maybe I'm an inner extrovert trying to get out?

Ever heard of 'peacocking' where males dress up with fancy 'plumage' to attract a mate? My avy looks peacocked to hell and back XD

EDIT: for context, here's RL me

For me it's kind of hard to determine if anyone here is really some kind of attention-whore, so many people here look so fancy. I think we all want to be noticed in one way or another, we express our individualism, our skill at making eye-catching outfits or we just want to show off how good we are at collecting heaps of expensive stuff.

I always wondered what people who dress flamboyant actually feel on the inside, I never assumed that shyness would be included. I always had the impression that it is a sign of strong self-confidence and would give that person reason to be anything but shy!

You beautiful peacock, I fell for your fancy feathers. gonk

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Such a nice topic~ I'd honestly be really curious to know how people perceive myself when they see my avatars.

That said, IRL, I know someone already told me that the first time they saw me they thought I was looking like an Hippie. I thought it was really funny, because I'm not at all -- it just ended up my look at that time was practical for me and ended up looking close to it XD

So, like others I tried to Tektek myself and... I couldn't really come up with something which I was liking for my indoor look. We really need more simple everyday shirts, especially wrap-over tops sweatdrop So, since it's winter, I decided to go with my outdoor look instead. The coat shape and colors are a little off, but it is looking rather close to my winter wear biggrin

Enduring Hero

This is the closest I could get to my real life appearance on tektek.

Both online and offline, I pay a lot of attention to my outfit, as I'm all too aware of the impact of clothing on people's perception of you. Wearing nice clothes helps me feel more confident, especially as I'm quite insecure about my acne-proon skin. Not to mention that fashion is another medium through which I can express myself.

My avatar is very much a reflection of my own desires, a sort of wish fulfillment. I would love to be a perfect, "knight in shining armor" in the real world-always elegant, composed, strong, courageous, morally good and kind. To never make mistakes, to always give the right responses, to succeed at everything. Unfortunately, my armor is full of chinks, and I can't be the perfect daughter, sister, friend, girlfriend and student all the time. Even if I can't be the perfect person, at least my avatar can look perfect~

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I think my Gaia outfits more reflect how I'd like to dress if I could (sorta) I love to dress fancy and fluffy and get really dolled up, but in actuality I don't do that often. Mostly because it's impractical and the time it takes and I hate walking in heels, and I don't like my feet to hurt. I'm also pretty cold natured, so I don't wear really revealing or short things, mostly because of that, not because I don't like showing skin.

Though Gaia itself has actually had an impact on my rl wardrobe, since I joined Gaia the amount of dresses I own has like tippled. It use to take an act of God and Congress to get me to wear a dress, now I drool over cute summer dresses every time I go clothes shopping, even though I don't often have reason to wear one.

For fun, rl me. Though comparing my current outfit on my avi doesn't really count, I mean it's in a 30s inspired outfit, because I was sketching 30s fashion on some characters the other day and it spilled over into my avi.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
Visually speaking, my avi looks very little like me. IRL, I wear bold & bright colors. My clothes tend to be very form fitting & sophisticated. It's important to me that I stand out as a person in society, which isn't that difficult to do in the Midwest. My reasoning behind this is that I live one life & I want to make my outer self just as unique as my inner self in the time I'm here in this world.

My avatar just about always wears pastels with cute dresses that flow. She really does look like a walking, talking form of dessert. I'm 28, but I have a feeling I'll always look like I'm 20 with the way I dress. If I take on a more natural look with less makeup, I tend to look like I'm 15. So in that way, I suppose Milk & I have something in common. Milk represents innocence-- the innocence within me.

I've always believed that Milk shows my inner self very closely. She shows that I'm confident, organized, very feminine, artistic. She also shows my inner passions in life: pink, a love of animals, desserts, toys. (All of those are more physical representations of who I am & my history as an individual.) In a sense, I think Milk also displays my type of analytical understanding of things both creative & practical. I go out of my way to educate myself in every type of field that I find interesting. Milk's put-together appearance, I think, gives off that impression of togetherness, and I would hope: intelligence.

Since joining Gaia, I've evolved very much as a person. I feel as though I've transformed from a rather average teenager in college to an adult who knows her place in the world. My avatar has slowly transformed as well, but her style remains the same. I like to think that her consistency as far as style goes reflects that. And while I've grown in IRL style & stature, I'm still the same, happy & carefree girl I was years ago.

Sweet Glitch

emotion_eyebrow I don't think my avi could say something about myself...it's just the mere expression of my deep boringness and my day dreaming about doing stuff I can't do IRL.
Also that only Gaia has the wonderful jeans, I could ever dream IRL...*sigh*

Fluffy Trash

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Gaia outfits represent my imagination and themes I'd love to create in art, most of the time. Other avatars are just to show off creativity or trying to make it look masculine, but not to the point where it's only the general perspective.

My real life outfits are mostly based of whatever I pick out first from my closet. I have a small-range of clothes and, whatever I've bought for myself, has been music related/wise or kind of winter-ish. Even if I live in a tropical island, I love winter and winter clothes.

I think my Gaia avatars also express the desire for long hair. rofl
I have curly and dry hair, due to the humidity of the island I live in, mostly.

I'm an artist and I also try to, sometimes, look winter/artistic. By this I mean, I'll try to wear items that match, color-wise, and also make it look a tiny bit classy. Though, I only dress like that when I want to go to the movies or when I'm invited out.

Also, because of my young appearance/clothes options, I get told that I'm younger by random people. It causes problems. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff