Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yorugami
Unrequited Fantasy
I wish they'd do slippers again. Or cool looking hats.

I think people would exsplode the SF and GCD if they went back
to one pose MCs. XD

True but I'd love it, MCs are great for nostalgic characters and types of items. I love it when they do throwback to older MCs like the seal plushie and the AFK scarf.

Friendly Fairy

23,025 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I love the MCs and still get excited for them - some of the recent ones have been ace. I wish I'd kept some of the earlier MCs because of inflation but, really, the art was just naff back then.

Noob

ɛ ƨ т я σ ғ ɛ м

User ImageMCs are becoming like gold shop items for me too bland, too tacky, too ugly. The best MCs are 03-05' and you might've been right about other cash item overshadowing it. I think the only excitement and prestige that MC hold is, it being a Monthly Collectible without that title MCs are nothing. 1 pose packed more excitement than lots of ugly posesUser Image

User Image

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I don't even remember that they exist anymore sweatdrop

Sex Symbol

Monthly collectibles are like items from a CI that anyone can buy at a certain time of the month. You don't need to gamble to get a nice item. It's like a little treat and I hope Gaia sticks with their MC's because I look forward to them more than I look forward to their actual chance items.

Buggy Mage

MCs are Quality items for a great price I would be very annoyed if they were to conclude making them. I have no idea why anyone would want them to stop being made.
If work-load is a concern I don't think one item is going to make a difference. I don't expect it is much a concern for Gaia either if you notice that the are so many Evolving items taking place simultaneously. I think they are well aware of how much they can and can't handle and honestly I wouldn't blame them for doing each evolution at a less-frequent rate if it meant they were higher quality.

Buggy Mage

estrofem
ɛ ƨ т я σ ғ ɛ м

User ImageMCs are becoming like gold shop items for me too bland, too tacky, too ugly. The best MCs are 03-05' and you might've been right about other cash item overshadowing it. I think the only excitement and prestige that MC hold is, it being a Monthly Collectible without that title MCs are nothing. 1 pose packed more excitement than lots of ugly posesUser Image

User Image

I'm not so sure we witnessed the same MCs then. What I remember is that the last few years of MCs saw the highest degree of quality, detail and complexity than any other MCs before them. They're the best quality items for a qreat price and I think that is a big draw for new comers that can't automatically get something high price. I'm confident they will continue to get better and better as they already have over time.

Wintry Dragon

I really didn't relish the time when MCs were the only consistent source of premium items on Gaia. For several months especially in 2005-6, Gaia churned out lackluster MCs and the wait for the one I would like seemed interminable. Since 2012, I have to admit MC quality have been more consistently excellent, even with the items I did not find that appealing. They are still a potent force for me and I am still excited to see whatever new thing they would give us.

Noob

Fire 0ak
estrofem
ɛ ƨ т я σ ғ ɛ м

User Image

I'm not so sure we witnessed the same MCs then. What I remember is that the last few years of MCs saw the highest degree of quality, detail and complexity than any other MCs before them. They're the best quality items for a qreat price and I think that is a big draw for new comers that can't automatically get something high price. I'm confident they will continue to get better and better as they already have over time.

the older MCs are expensive for a reason

Perfect Saint

estrofem

Being old? Less supply? There are older MCs that are crappy too and maintained their low costs. x

Noob

Myrielle
estrofem
Fire 0ak
estrofem
ɛ ƨ т я σ ғ ɛ м

User Image

Being old? Less supply? There are older MCs that are crappy too and maintained their low costs.

nice neutral there are cheaper one for sure but MC we have now doesn't even compare, older MC are special the way it was made, one pose but well done, MC pixels of recent years is..well just compare the two

Perfect Saint

estrofem

nice neutral there are cheaper one for sure but MC we have now doesn't even compare, older MC are special the way it was made, one pose but well done, MC pixels of recent years is..well just compare the two
I think I've seen enough of the old and new that many new MCs are superior to the older ones. I wish my tail could have sharper pixeling for the recent MCs, for example. I factored sentiment out of the equation.

But fine, you like old MCs. I get that. I like certain MCs. Old or new. My basis is if I could use them or not. June 2013 MCs have been super good as a whole for me.

Buggy Mage

estrofem
Myrielle
estrofem
Fire 0ak
estrofem
ɛ ƨ т я σ ғ ɛ м

User Image

Being old? Less supply? There are older MCs that are crappy too and maintained their low costs.

| there are cheaper one for sure but MC we have now doesn't even compare, older MC are special the way it was made, one pose but well done, MC pixels of recent years is..well just compare the two

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree but I for one think it's fairly obvious that current MCs are far superior to the first ones. The only value the oldest mcs have is their OG(original gaian) status and even that is waning as better and more polished items are released over the years. the designs of recent MCs take pixel art to it's limits and I think that is fairly evident even if you look at the recent MCs critically.

Noob

Myrielle
estrofem

I think I've seen enough of the old and new that many new MCs are superior to the older ones. I wish my tail could have sharper pixeling for the recent MCs, for example. I factored sentiment out of the equation.

But fine, you like old MCs. I get that I like certain MCs. Old or new. My basis is if I could use them or not. June 2013 MCs have been super good as a whole for me.

I agree with you too there are new ones that are nice you are right..but i guess for me, i've experienced the old MC maybe thats why i look at the new ones differently...Maybe its the excitement over it, is my reason...i don't get excited to MC as I used to.

Perfect Saint

estrofem
Myrielle
estrofem

But fine, you like old MCs. I get that I like certain MCs. Old or new. My basis is if I could use them or not. June 2013 MCs have been super good as a whole for me.

I agree with you too there are new ones that are nice you are right..but i guess for me, i've experienced the old MC maybe thats why i look at the new ones differently...Maybe its the excitement over it, is my reason...i don't get excited to MC as I used to.
I can understand that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces