Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ah, the famous 'Report this thread' button.

User Image

Hardly anyone uses it anymore.

For instance, I went into a thread created by a newbie (click here to see it).

People have been telling the newbie he's in the wrong forum, but no one has reported him. x__x This just proves people are ignoring the "Don't Post, just Report!" threads. Yes, you can post to tell them they posted in the wrong forum so they wouldn't make the same mistake again. But if you tell them they're in the wrong forum, you might as well report it. Everyone's been avoiding the report button.

It's not going to hunt you down.
Raging Hormones

User Image

People have been telling the newbie he's in the wrong forum, but no one has reported him. x__x This just proves people are ignoring the "Don't Post, just Report!" threads. Yes, you can post to tell them they posted in the wrong forum so they wouldn't make the same mistake again. But if you tell them they're in the wrong forum, you might as well report it. Everyone's been avoiding the report button.

People usually just figure let the thread die out, No one is keeping it alive and it's not bothering anyone, Why bother a mod to move it.

Some people also figure if a Helper is on they will move it if they can, if not, Then let it die.

Edit - Then there's always one person who has to post and bring it back up x_x
I always assume someone else has reported it, though I suppose that's not the case ^^;.

As for "Dont post, just report!" That's not the best idea ever. They might think "Wow! My post magically moved! If I post in there again, it will move wherever I need it too! *Posts again in wrong forum*". If you tell them which forum it should have gone too, and ask them to post there instead, then that type of thinking won't usually happen.
Absolute Shadows
Raging Hormones

User Image

People usually just figure let the thread die out, No one is keeping it alive and it's not bothering anyone, Why bother a mod to move it.

Some people also figure if a Helper is on they will move it if they can, if not, Then let it die.

O:

Oh, yeah. I forgot the fact that mods have lives too.

Aged Gaian

Not everyone. I use it all the time. But yeah, most Gaians think that insulting a troll will actually get him to stop. Because its worked so many times in the past. Or flaming a newbie will magically make his thread move. neutral
Thalakos
Not everyone. I use it all the time. But yeah, most Gaians think that insulting a troll will actually get him to stop. Because its worked so many times in the past. Or flaming a newbie will magically make his thread move. neutral

I don't really see any flaming around the GCD usually, Most people are nice about it when they say wrong forum.
I generally always hit the report button. It pisses me off when like 10 people say wrong forum. If no one has said it, I will and post alink but then report.

I don't see the point of replying to threads that have already been replied to with "wrong forum" all it does it bring it back up to the top!

Aged Gaian

Absolute Shadows
Thalakos

I don't really see any flaming around the GCD usually, Most people are nice about it when they say wrong forum.

Actually, I was talking generally. You see that sort of s**t all the time in GD, even the exchange.

Dapper Gekko

C.M.O.G.
I generally always hit the report button. It pisses me off when like 10 people say wrong forum. If no one has said it, I will and post alink but then report.

I don't see the point of replying to threads that have already been replied to with "wrong forum" all it does it bring it back up to the top!
That's like me. I'm a silent reporter. ninja I report a misplaced thread whenever I see it. It is annoying to me when there are a lot of people telling the creator that they misplaced their thread, because with all those replies, once the thread finally gets moved, the creator would just have to make a new thread because of all those peoples' posts. I don't know if any of the mods are bothered by my style of reporting (all the misplaced threads I see). None of them has said anything about it so I guess it doesn't bother them. domokun
another thing is when some people say go to <insert forum name here>

they don't give a link.. I mean what if it's a newbie who doesn't know where that is
Rythmic Fallacy
I always assume someone else has reported it, though I suppose that's not the case ^^;.

As for "Dont post, just report!" That's not the best idea ever. They might think "Wow! My post magically moved! If I post in there again, it will move wherever I need it too! *Posts again in wrong forum*". If you tell them which forum it should have gone too, and ask them to post there instead, then that type of thinking won't usually happen.

Reporting and not posting really is preferable... when we move a thread we send an automated PM with a link to the thread, and a reason why it was moved if it isn't obvious. They can always PM the person who moved it if they need more clarification.
The report button is a nice handy little feature...You use to have to hunt down Moderators!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff