Welcome to Gaia! ::

Business Rogue

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
it doesnt make sence, why would the prices go up,
do we have a econimic crisis oh gaia?
I don't like inflation... what is going on right now is really... REALLY a very bad idea. Soon its going to be impossible for the little guy to quest for anything in '03 ( Actually... in '03 it was hard to quest for anything from '03 XD;; )

But since it is happening... I'm afraid not much can be done about it.
Cherry Angel
Well the inflation occurs since there is an ever-so-fast growing population on Gaia. And then everyone wants the 03 and 04 items, so they'd start questing for them, and since there is a limited number of the older items and there is such a great demand for them, the price rises as users offer more and more to acquire the item.
The easiest way to quickly earn gold is to buy donation letters for cheap BEFORE the item is released, and then sell the letter as soon as the item is released when the letters/items have that intial price spike.

Thats a poplular cover up theory, and its true, but nearly everyone says there is more going on. Its exchangers driving the price up. Followed by copycats, at 250k there was a solid amount of nitemare scarfs, if you had the gold, you could easily get one.

Business Rogue

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Cracovin
Cherry Angel
Well the inflation occurs since there is an ever-so-fast growing population on Gaia. And then everyone wants the 03 and 04 items, so they'd start questing for them, and since there is a limited number of the older items and there is such a great demand for them, the price rises as users offer more and more to acquire the item.
The easiest way to quickly earn gold is to buy donation letters for cheap BEFORE the item is released, and then sell the letter as soon as the item is released when the letters/items have that intial price spike.

Thats a poplular cover up theory, and its true, but nearly everyone says there is more going on. Its exchangers driving the price up. Followed by copycats, at 250k there was a solid amount of nitemare scarfs, if you had the gold, you could easily get one.

Keyword IF
Cracovin
Cherry Angel

Yes, that's true. I'm not sure about it being a cover up theory, but that's the way I see it happening in the exchange and marketplace. So my theory is~ More users + greater demand on the older donation items = Inflation.

Business Rogue

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Cherry Angel
Cracovin
Cherry Angel

Yes, that's true. I'm not sure about it being a cover up theory, but that's the way I see it happening in the exchange and marketplace. So my theory is~ More users + greater demand on the older donation items = Inflation.

crying crying crying crying
Cherry Angel
Cracovin
Cherry Angel

Supply and demand.... although how halos keep going up I'll never quite know... I haven't seen one ofthose for sale in months XD
Cherry Angel
Cracovin
Cherry Angel

The problem is there hasn't been an increase in demand for them, as in matter in fact since the inflation, the demand has dropped, less people want the items at thier incrediebly high rates. Have you noticed how many people have quit quests? Some people very rich people out there are messing with the prices, its happened before, its happening again, it just hasn't happened on this scale. Its a very long and complicted process that I would rather not get into.
Demon Kairos
Cherry Angel
Cracovin
Cherry Angel

Supply and demand.... although how halos keep going up I'll never quite know... I haven't seen one ofthose for sale in months XD
I think one was sold a month ago or something xD

@Cracovin~ Actually, it depends, I think the ones who were questing and offering based on pure gold offer are the ones more likely to quit their quests. If you offer with donation letters/items the inflation wouldn't hurt their quests as much because their offer would increase along with the inflation right? ^__^;;
Cherry Angel
Demon Kairos
Cherry Angel
Cracovin
Cherry Angel

I think one was sold a month ago or something xD

@Cracovin~ Actually, it depends, I think the ones who were questing and offering based on pure gold offer are the ones more likely to quit their quests. If you offer with donation letters/items the inflation wouldn't hurt their quests as much because their offer would increase along with the inflation right? ^__^;;

Right, but not all items are inflating. You can attempt to trade an entire 04 letter set for a nitemare scarf, I havn't seen one accepted without a substantial amount of gold added. But in a sense you are right, and in a sense you are wrong, it really depends on you're items. The chain wallet for example is a great item to have for trying to get a nitemare scarf. Unfourtantly that is really the only item that is inflating enough to keep up with the growing 03 items, its really hard to keep up. But then you got people like me, who really got it hard. Look at my avatar, I am a peasant with 53k. I have sold everything for my quest, its really hard when the only thing you have are the current items, and its really not fair to us if the prices inflate.
Cracovin
Right, but not all items are inflating. You can attempt to trade an entire 04 letter set for a nitemare scarf, I havn't seen one accepted without a substantial amount of gold added. But in a sense you are right, and in a sense you are wrong, it really depends on you're items. The chain wallet for example is a great item to have for trying to get a nitemare scarf. Unfourtantly that is really the only item that is inflating enough to keep up with the growing 03 items, its really hard to keep up. But then you got people like me, who really got it hard. Look at my avatar, I am a peasant with 53k. I have sold everything for my quest, its really hard when the only thing you have are the current items, and its really not fair to us if the prices inflate.
Yes, that's true. It's normally the Sept 03, Oct 03, Nov 03, Dec 03, Jan 04 and perhaps the June 04s are greater in demand because of the popularity of the items they contain. Generally, I see the price of the 03 items rise alot faster than the later 04 item/letters, but as the 03s rise, I found that the popular 04 letters rise with them. And I personally do not think it's totally the exchanger's fault that there is the inflation, but the demand for items that are rarely on the market that had been increasing. Nowadays, I see that many owners of the items.letters on high demand are preferring to keep them rather than sell them because of the increase of their worth.
And I suggest that since you are questing for a NM Scarf, use your gold to invest in letters. ^__^ Buy them for cheap and sell them for more a month later.
Cherry Angel
Cracovin
Yes, that's true. It's normally the Sept 03, Oct 03, Nov 03, Dec 03, Jan 04 and perhaps the June 04s are greater in demand because of the popularity of the items they contain. Generally, I see the price of the 03 items rise alot faster than the later 04 item/letters, but as the 03s rise, I found that the popular 04 letters rise with them. And I personally do not think it's totally the exchanger's fault that there is the inflation, but the demand for items that are rarely on the market that had been increasing. Nowadays, I see that many owners of the items.letters on high demand are preferring to keep them rather than sell them because of the increase of their worth.
And I suggest that since you are questing for a NM Scarf, use your gold to invest in letters. ^__^ Buy them for cheap and sell them for more a month later.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.

Yes demand is a factor, it always is, but it isn't playing a role in this raise because its always there. Demand is always there no matter what product. The demand for a scarf is high, but not high enough to warrent such a huge price range, and it wasn't really the scarfs, it was the items above them that rose, causing the scarf to rise, which is why the halo is still risising, its because the times that are traded for it are rising.

I would love to continue this discuss, but a)I don't really think its going anywhere and b) the more important one, I have to go to bed.
Does anyone think we should ask the mods to start reissuing (in a form of a donation letter) some of the items that are popular, but too expensive to buy? Most of us can't buy the items because the price is going up faster than the amount of gold we can get. This would help bring the prices to a more realistic and obtainable level.
Cracovin
Cherry Angel
Cracovin

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.

Yes demand is a factor, it always is, but it isn't playing a role in this raise because its always there. Demand is always there no matter what product. The demand for a scarf is high, but not high enough to warrent such a huge price range, and it wasn't really the scarfs, it was the items above them that rose, causing the scarf to rise, which is why the halo is still risising, its because the times that are traded for it are rising.

I would love to continue this discuss, but a)I don't really think its going anywhere and b) the more important one, I have to go to bed.
yes, i see your point, but I'm trying to point out that there is an INCREASE of the demand for the NM scarf. ^__^;; And it was actually the inflation of the Devil Tail that started the whole inflation thing. ^__^;;

Anyways, goodnight. 3nodding
dass
Does anyone think we should ask the mods to start reissuing (in a form of a donation letter) some of the items that are popular, but too expensive to buy? Most of us can't buy the items because the price is going up faster than the amount of gold we can get. This would help bring the prices to a more realistic and obtainable level.
a) The Moderators and Admins have nothing to do with the inflation, it was created by us users- the consumers- who created the inflation so I do not think that the mods/admins can do anything about it
b) The admins are not going to re-issue any of the past donation letters/items. THAT will be the thing that totally brings down the economy the users created. >__<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff