Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Greetings, Gaian mortals. I assume your winter's festivities have been... enjoyable? I myself have had to deal with an illness racking the chest and lungs, so forgive me if my disappearance has caused worry.

Nyx has shown himself. Anyone with even a pinch of magic in them can sense the disturbance in the air... and in the sky. The moon has been bright. Too bright.

I come to you not as a demon, but as a friend. Lately, I've been detached somewhat from the politics of my people. They've decided, almost unanimously, to aid and support Nyx. I feel their decision is mad, and is a nosedive into destruction from there. They think the decision only benefits them. Nyx takes the world, the Council micromanages what Nyx cannot.

Fools.

They've extended my... exile from Dis and from its many Principalities. I am now an outlier both politically and physically. I cannot return home. It's almost a good thing at this point; exilement also means being barred from Dis's military...and its forced draft policies.

Surely I'm not the only one put in such a rough position. Though I give zero damns about Gaia, I do give a damn about the ground I'm standing on and the Sun that gives me warmth. And Nyx intends to corrupt and destroy both of these things, and the people I hold dear who happen to stand with the Great Mother.

...I suppose I should explain what my dilemma actually is.

I carry two loyalties, both in grave conflict with each other. To my people, the denizens of Dis and all the rings of La Inferno, and to Gaia as a whole and as to what it represents, not only for myself, but for everyone. A choice between loyalty to blood and loyalty to heart. It's... certainly a stomach-flipping decision for some.

Tenacious Hellhound

I hope you are feeling better? get well soon!

It seems Nyx is doing his own thing and he has no real allies, just Kuro's connections.

I think this may be another event like the one we have ongoing with everyone joining forces against a common foe, that is those who care which would exclude most demons and angels.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ragna the Hell Tutor
I hope you are feeling better? get well soon!
It seems Nyx is doing his own thing and he has no real allies, just Kuro's connections.

I think this may be another event like the one we have ongoing with everyone joining forces against a common foe, that is those who care which would exclude most demons and angels.
Thank you!

No, but that doesn't stop people from trying to get brownie points from him to spare themselves. He's less of a cognizant being and more of a living tornado, if you will. But if you're a God, surely you must be able to think. Right? The Void has made him irrational.

Angels and demons are more or less the same, and as far as I know they should. Soma, the chunky part of a mortal's soul, is what both beings thrive on. I don't think Nyx intends to leave anyone mortal alive. It'll be bad for everyone.

Enigmatic Doll

28,240 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
What are Heaven and Hell to Oblivion, eh?
But, as a servant of Chaos, Can I afford to pick a side?

Tenacious Hellhound

Meh.

If people had rallied under my banner to kill all the gods....

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
The_Enigmatic_SEF
What are Heaven and Hell to Oblivion, eh?
But, as a servant of Chaos, Can I afford to pick a side?
Oblivion, the Void, all the same jazz. And this jazz is playing sour notes.

...And I assumed you could. Agents of chaos tend to not really have a preference, aside from "who could stir the s**t-pot faster?". But I've been wrong before.

Ragna the Hell Tutor
Deific genocide only leads to realms sinking into the Void. You don't throw stones in a glass house, Ragna.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Ragna the Hell Tutor
Meh.

Come off it Hell.

Trying to kill things that are deathless never works.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
AterAliquis
Ragna the Hell Tutor
Meh.

Come off it Hell.

On another note, there's a reason gods holding grudges turn into legends or tales of caution. Causing deicide is effectively hubris.

Tenacious Hellhound

AterAliquis
Ragna the Hell Tutor
Meh.

Come off it Hell.

Inappropriate joke goes here

We could try!

Tenacious Hellhound

Penn Almasy
Ragna the Hell Tutor
Deific genocide only leads to realms sinking into the Void. You don't throw stones in a glass house, Ragna.

We could become the new gods!

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ragna the Hell Tutor
Penn Almasy
Ragna the Hell Tutor

We could become the new gods!
...And what do you suppose will happen then?

That people will suddenly drop their old beliefs and look to us, Godslaying Demons becoming Gods ourselves? The angels would pluck their own wings before that ever happened.

And destroying a God, even then, is one thing. Killing the Mother Goddess is asking for beings of the Void to breach our world and consume it alive. No scraps left, not even for us. We'd be rulers sitting on a throne of Nothing, Kings and Queens of Emptiness.

No, it's foolish. Perish the thought, Ragna. I'd hate to be proven right by your funeral pyre.

Adorable Nymph

15,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
Supporting Nyx is ones nature and is irrefutable facet of one's being, we can no more not serve him then you could become a god yerself

Tenacious Hellhound

Penn Almasy
No, it's foolish. Perish the thought, Ragna. I'd hate to be proven right by your funeral pyre.

Destruction is the price of creation.

Out the old, in the new.
Ragna the Hell Tutor
Penn Almasy

Out the old, in the new.
Fafniiiiiiiir! Be my friend! I'll feed you cakes every day and I'll be the first girl in Barton to have a cute cafe AND a pet dragon! You're so cute, I can't take it!

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ragna the Hell Tutor
Penn Almasy

Out the old, in the new.
See, the thing about creation and destruction is that one must fuel the other. Creations naturally age and wither, and the ashes of the dead give rise to the new.

Fafnir feeds on the young and foolish, and he freezes the worlds he passes through. But those ice ages eventually melt, and new life blossoms in the remains of a desolate wasteland. That would be closer to what you might want.

But what would happen if the Mother Goddess and her Pillars died? Well... again, there'd be nothing. Literally, nothing. I recall an old friend had a very good term about the place waiting for us if this happened. Todash darkness. Very fitting. Very chilling.

Sunkissed innocence
Supporting Nyx is ones nature and is irrefutable facet of one's being, we can no more not serve him then you could become a god yerself
If you're implying that serving Nyx is supposed to be in my nature, then I apologize, I must be a very mad demon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff