Welcome to Gaia! ::

I [USERNAME] acknowledge the superiority of the original Grunny.

+1 loyal Gaian 1 100.0% [ 404 ]
Total Votes:[ 404 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 71 72 73 > >>

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image

Welcome friends to the ORIGINAL Grunny Fanthread.

Grunny Says
We're here to show our support for the parasitic bunnies we've known and loved for years, the vicious brain-sucking, flesh tearing monsters that are a Gaian icon, not the lime green creatures that have stolen the moniker and the spotlight in recent years.

This thread is here to serve several purposes. Firstly, it is a fanthread for every classic Grunny lover to come and share their memories of the original creatures. Second, it is meant to inform the public about the history and lives of Grunnies, many of these facts are little known and as a Grunny fanatic I can't stand the thought of the real Grunnies and their secrets being forgotten by the community. Lastly it is a form of peaceful protest, Diedrich and his kind have taken over and that's not okay with me. New Gaians mistakenly call them Grunnies, not knowing any better when in fact they are not the real McCoy. Our blessed newbies are being brought up thinking that Diedrich is what a Grunny should be and that needs to change.

So my friends, enjoy the thread, talk about all things Grunny and leave your feedback and suggestions about the information here, this thread is about the Grunny community after all. Let it be known that we prefer the originals over the impostors, don't let Grunny be forgotten. Diedrich and his clones will never replace the gift bestowed upon us by G CORP!

Grunny Says
NOTE: This thread is not all about hating on Diedrich. Granted amongst these pages you won't find much love for the putrid little blob but discussion about his breed of mutant rabbits is welcome to an extent, just so long as it is related to Grunnies in some way and doesn't stray too far from the thread topic. You can be a fan of both breeds and still be welcome here, this is a place to celebrate the true Grunny, not slander the false ones.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image
The rules in my laboratory are simple

xcrimsonlegendx
-Please follow the Gaia online TOS-

-Do not post inflammatory remarks in this topic-
Drama or trolling will not be tolerated.

-Please keep any discussion on topic-
(at least Grunny/G CORP/Labtech related)

-Do NOT spam this topic-
Such as posting anti-grunny or pro-diedrich spam posts.

-Please do NOT quote any posts from the first page-
(It's rude and shows that you didn't bother to read the rules)

User Image

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image
User Image

From the G CORP journals
The monstrosity known as Grunny wasn't always a vicious parasite, in fact it was quite the opposite. While working at G CORP, Labtech101 (seen below) was part of a group of Labtechs who were given a green rabbit as a pet by Labtech247. 101 instantly fell in love with the animal, however some time later the rabbit mysteriously went missing. 101 was heartbroken when 247 told him that his pet (Grunny as the simpleton 101 called him) was homesick and was in a better place.

It turns out however that was far from the truth, in fact 247 had taken the animal and was using it for his own work and it did not survive when one of his experiments failed. Afterwards the specimen was discarded, tossed into an incinerator. Later Labtech062 was ordered to inject a dead rabbit with an experimental fluid, it would seem that 247 had forgotten to activate the incinerator to dispose of the corpse properly and somehow the body found its way to whomever ordered 062 to proceed with the experiment.This injection one would assume was an early strain of the G VIRUS and was responsible for the resurrection of Grunny.

After the zombie fiasco, Gino Gambino set out to restore his family pride and return the derelict G CORP facility to its former glory in order to finish what his father had set out to do. Unbeknownst to him, his father's motives were questionable at best. The misguided Gino rehired the only surviving Labtech, 123 and had him begin work immediately...

Presumably using the undead Grunny specimen left in the laboratory, 123 successfully recreated the G virus and in turn also produced a legion of grunnies in the process who were released by the mysterious LabtechX and resulted in the second G virus outbreak and the creation of the Grombie.

Since their release Grunnies can be found in the wild, some of them most likely escaped the mansion and are reproducing. Another outbreak is simply waiting to happen.

Suggested reading materials
Here is a direct link to the original G CORP guild for
anyone interested in reading up on these events.

G CORP

From left to right zombified Labtechs: 101, 247, 062 and the infamous Labtech X
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

G CORP NOTICE
User Image NOTICE! User Image

This info was compiled soley from the Labtech journals of the original G CORP guild. If anyone has more information about what happened to Grunny after his death and before his resurrection and have proof to back it up, I will be happy to include it. In fact any information that can be backed up with proof such as screenshots or forum posts from NPCs or admins is welcome here.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image

The nearly forgotten truth
The Grunny may be cute and cuddly on the outside but don't let that fool you.
The creature is in fact a vicious parasite that spreads an infectious surprise.

With a single bite a Grunny spreads a modified version of the G-virus, it travels throughout the host's body and alters their physical makeup to better suit the needs of the parasite. The infection progresses through five distinct stages, these are listed below as observed by the G CORP advisory service during the original infestation of the laboratory and mansion.

Not many Gaians know the truth behind how a Grunny turns its victim into a Grombie and the secrets of this process were at risk of being forgotten completely.

User Image

The following is based on information gathered from VO himself, father of the Grunny.

G CORP ADVISORY
INFECTION: STAGE 1

User Image

The initial stage of a Grunny induced G virus infection starts with a single Grunny bite, the victim experiences mild irritation at the source of the bite and nausea as the virus is introduced into the bloodstream. No significantly noticeable symptoms are exhibited by the victim other than fear and confusion but that is to be expected, having been bitten by one of these suckers probably isn't a very pleasant experience...

G CORP ADVISORY
INFECTION: STAGE 2

User Image

The mutated G virus travels through the blood and to the brain stem where it collects, causing disorientation and a disruption of major motor functions. The virus is at this time unlikely to be remedied, it has taken hold of the victim and isn't going to give up so easily. The victim likely feels dizziness, nausea and difficulty focusing on even the simplest of tasks. This is but the beginning of what is sure to be a very bad day for the host to be.

G CORP ADVISORY
INFECTION: STAGE 3

User Image User Image

The virus, having adequate time to collect begins to form an unexpected new life. A tiny Grunny embryo slowly begins to grow in the host's head, feeding on the brain stem as it develops and expands causing further degradation of the host's motor functions and thought processes to the point of non-functionality. The host's skin begins to turn pail and the eyes redden as the parasite takes over the host's brain using a chemical secreted from a gland near the back of their mouth and then through the Grunny's tongue. This chemical spreads through the brain and eventually grants the Grunny complete control over the host's bodily movements, however at this point the host is a vegetable, lying still waiting to be overtaken. Having been completely incapacitated and no longer possessing the ability to move or think on its own, the host is little more than an incubation chamber for the unborn Grunny.

At this point the host is completely "dead", at least brain-dead. The host's brain has been damaged beyond repair and only serves as a conduit for the parasite to control the lifeless husk. All of the vital organs are functioning to keep the body alive to better serve the Grunny growing inside.This leads some to believe that Grombies are in fact not undead Zombies at all but rather mind-controlled "mutants", since they were never dead in the first place and without the parasite they would not survive. However they may behave like traditional Zombies, staggering about looking for humans to bite. So it is completely understandable that Gaians who encounter them mistake them for the undead.

G CORP ADVISORY
INFECTION: STAGE 4

User Image User Image

In the next phase, the modified G-virus has further converted the host's appearance by using the virus' cell combining nature, the host is showing attributes of both the Grunny and the human host. The host has lost all of their hair and their eyes have turned a dark, lifeless red, much like those of the parasite lodged in their brain.

User Image

As the Grunny reaches maturity you can clearly see the ears of the beast protruding through the top of the skull and the back of the head shows the creature stirring inside like some kind of nasty fleshy brain-filled egg. This is one truth about Grombies that most Gaians are completely unaware of since stage 4 infections are so rare and seeing the back of one's head is even more unlikely.

G CORP ADVISORY
INFECTION: STAGE 5

User Image User Image

The fifth and final stage of infection results in the host being completely been converted into a Grunny hybrid, the nose, mouth and eyes are all reminiscent of the parasite's. The Grunny has burst out from within the host's skull and is in fact still connected to the brain stem via the tentacle like tongue pumping the control liquid into the brain.

At this point the Grunny is set, it can nourish itself by forcing the host to feed and it's capable of spreading the virus to other victims via the host's larger and stronger form. Though it is unknown how, it is entirely possible that the host has developed the same gland and is capable of spreading the virus in the same manner as the rabbit taking residence in its cranium.

It is presumed that the Grunny would be able to detach itself from the host if the host's body is damaged beyond function or if the parasite needs to make a hasty retreat, at that time it can simply infect another human and start the process all over again creating another Grunny.

User Image
Here we can see a stage 5 Grombie being controlled by the parasite
note the elongated tongue injecting the control fluids.
(click to enlarge)

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image
Purple Grunnies? This is madness!

User Image

Prunny is a variant of the original Grunny but with purple fur instead of green.
It was very first referenced in the journal of Labtech101.

Labtech101
"Today, my boss LabTech247 showed me the new pets for our group. They are soooo cute!! heart I can't believe that G CORP supplies us with pets for our own entertainment! That totally rawks my sawks!! I didn't even know that rabbits came in green and purple colors! eek "
0101000001110010011001010111000001100001011100100110010100100000011001100110111101110010001000000111010001101000011001010010000001010000011100100111010101101110011011100111100100100000011010010110111001110110011000010111001101101001011011110110111000101110
We know that Prunny exists in our world Gaia but it is extremely rare and has only one recorded appearance, as seen above. However it also calls an alternate dimension, a mirror version of Gaia home, this was revealed via the first Dark Reflection cash shop item. In this alternate universe Prunny is the dominant species and since both Grunny and Prunny exist in our side of the reflection so it is likely that Grunny exists in the other as well but is rare or extinct. It is also speculated that Prunny is responsible for a "Prombie" outbreak in alternate Gaia, though this has yet to be proven or documented.
010101000110100001100101001000000101000001110010011011110110110101100010011010010110010101110011001000000111001101101000011000010110110001101100001000000111001001101001011100110110010100101110
The Prunny item was petitioned long before it made its way into our inventories, the petition getting many signatures before it was finally realized in pixel form (much like the Grunny item). The name Prunny is somewhat confusing because the original name Grunny is a combination of GReen and bUNNY. Where as Prunny should be Punny or Purunny. It's unknown if the creator of the petition coined the term or not, either way it's an official term now.

010011100110111101101110011001010010000001110011011010000110000101101100011011000010000001100010011001010010000001110011011100000110000101110010011001010110010000101110

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image
Grunny isn't just a bunny, it's an icon and as such has been featured in many other places across the site.
Here is a list of the most notable appearances.

Quote:
Lake Kindred (Pet Battle System)
Summer 2015 brought with it the "Kindred" pet system for the summer event,
several days later to the surprise of many a Grunny pet was released via a cash shop RIG.

User Image

Grunny is a poison type kin and his skills are all named after scientific terms and viral names.
User Image

"Kindred Grunny" as it is called is a low-tier combatant in the pet system and not recommended for end-game play.
User Image

Quote:
G-Box
Gaia's first "Modified Gold Generator" took on the theme of a chest filled with Grunnies.
To be fair, "Grunnies that poop gold" is exactly what Gambino would have wanted.

[NPC] Jet & Cygnus
User Image

INVASION. INVASION. WE'RE BEING INVADED, GAIANS! Sound the alarm! Ring the bells! Ride around on a horse carrying lanterns to warn people, because we must make appropriate preparations. We are on the brink of war, everyone. Why? Because... Because... Because my chest filled with delicious candy has been infected with... Oh, it's almost too terrible to say! Deep breaths, Jet. It's been infected with grunnies. Oh, the horror! They've eaten everything, everything! My precious fudgey peanut butter ripples, my caramel cockatoo crunch... I think I have them confined to the chest, but what if they spread? No, we need to start containment measures now. Guys, you gotta help me!

Simply grab a G-Box and open it up to see what it contains! (Hint: it won't be candy. Those little monsters!) It could be a sack of gold or some amazing GoFusion Charms -- maybe even a wildcard, if you're lucky! We've also stocked up on G-Box Plus, which is equivalent to opening 100 G-Boxes at once! Did you know that all Grunnies convert candy into gold or Charms? It's true! It's because -- oh no. Oh no. Guys, I'm talking like Diedrich. THIS IS THE END OF DAYS. Please, take these terrible, infectious little monsters away from me, before it gets even worse! I think I'll be able to contain their spread until August 12th, 6:59 PM PST, but who knows what will happen after that? Good luck, guys. You're gonna need it.

User Image

Its a box infected with a whole bunch of Golden Grunnies!
Click below to choose which reward you would like!

Quote:
zOMG!
Grunny made an appearance in zOMG! as an enemy in the final areas of the game. Oddly enough they can apparently pilot small Grunny themed submarines and do so surprisingly well. Designing submarines for Grunnies and then training them to use said submarines probably wasn't a very cost effective means of keeping his laboratory safe but who's going to question X?

User Imagex lives. x lives. x lives. x lives. x lives.User Image

The Grunny invasion of 2005 was briefly refrenced in the zOMG! intro trailer as well.

Quote:
Frontier Skies
In the Frontier Skies mini-game Grunnies were featured in the hunting portion of the game as food. While I wouldn't recommend eating a diseased rabbit, I'm sure some travelers were foolish enough to try. The hunting mini-game was re-released and named "Gobble Gobble Bang Bang" for the Thanksgiving 2012 event and also featured Grunny, along with several new animals not included in the original release.

User Image

Quote:
Rejected Olympics
The classic Grunny was featured in the 2012 Rejected Olympics event as a "thing" in the aptly named Thing Lift mini-game. It was welcomed but many thought it should have belonged to team Gambino, since the town of Durem historically had absolutely nothing to do with Grunnies.

User Image

Quote:
Monthly Collectables
Grunny was immortalized as an item in October of 2007.
The collectable artwork also features a terribly misleading and misinformed description.

It claims that Labtech X created the Grunny when we know that is not the case. X undoubtedly had a hand in their creation but he was not their original creator. He did however release them and that resulted in the creation of Grombies. It also claims that Grunnies are zombified and that also appears to be untrue, the original Grunny was indeed resurrected with the G virus but it is unknown if later generations were in fact reanimated or were simply infected living lab animals. Grunnies also do not lust for brains, they bite and infect victims, then the Grunny grows INSIDE the brain however the brain is not consumed and Grunnies do not actively seek out human brains.

Lastly they say that Grunnies escaped and are breeding in the wild and are sold in illegal pet shops, this is probably the most plausible line in the description but if it was true you would think we would be seeing Grombie outbreaks across the land. Also, if Grunnies are living in the wild and are being sold as pets clearly the outbreak was never "contained" now was it?

However, this is just an MC promotion from years ago so whomever wrote it may not
have been informed so this info should not be taken as canon.

User Image

Quote:
Jigsaw
Grunny was also featured in the Gaia Online Jigsaw puzzle game multiple times.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quote:
Pinball
Gaia's Pinball mini-game to a lesser extent also featured the parasite.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image
Here is out obligatory fanlist, to show our love of Grunny.

If you want to be added please say so in your post.
You must say so, or profess your support for Grunny to be listed!!

xcrimsonlegendx
Pirate Captain Sushi
Crystal Sparda
Lapsis Stella
Razumi Yazura
Rabid-Turtle
LUMFOW
Aldfridus
Tessa Frel
Denham
Nidorous
Manny80
LabTech Kestin
Pippistrella
DJ Twissta
n o i r i s t
Nightstalker Arcanum
baby_kitty_258
7obias
Slick Southpaw
Ninja Katze
Lord of Yin
The Undead Suitor
koolknight
ElberethArcamen
ZoneIV
BridgeChan
Kitt Koneko
MadPad
Mimzella
Yeata Zi
Qyp
Hello Kisty
Twizted Child Eve
LabTech David
Zefius
D i a
Secksy Panda
Zetsuki
Zaade
memyselfiamweird
Grunny Girl
Grombie
Nikko Roseus
Vaxir
dragonmonkey
DJ Twissta
Urd Tanzanite
Hrisk
Gentlemanly Swindler
Odd Cinderella
Salathielly

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
User Image
Here we have our list of supporting threads, guilds and other resources.
As well as other Grunny-friendly petitions and topics that we support.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300