Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
So I just meandered into AT and was struck by the fact that it's been eleven years since I started playing here and "THE ORIGINAL Rate Your Avatar" thread still exists. I know there are several of the old Hangout Threads floating around, but it's kind of nostalgic for me to think that all of these places that I used to hang out in the formative years of my adulthood still exist. Like going back to a place you grew up after years of being gone.

Does anybody else get that feeling when they're browsing a really old thread, or is it just me?

Perfect Saint

Hmmm. I don't think I've ever indulged in a HOT before.

dancing_ice's Fangirl

I've just checked CB and saw that MPT is still alive. whee
I didn't really participate in it, but I do remember it back when I was new and my friend asked me to join her in a pollwhore thread...you know, the ones where the OP 'renews' the polls at certain periods. xD

In a relationship with his right hand

Aged Accumulator

I think the threads I used to frequent are no more because the subforum is long, long gone. I actually still have several bookmarked on my old computer but when they are accessed they simply state
Quote:

General Error
This event is currently not active

Which I believe is the case with all the old forums URLs from Go-Gaia.com

I also spent a ton of time in the chat, and that's been gone a really long time too. When exactly did that vanish anyhow?

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Ask the Wizard claims to be the oldest thread on Gaia, and I'm not sure I would dispute that claim.

Super Spirit

Just did this a few weeks ago on a thread I used to visit. There was a definite nostalgic feel of all the fun memories with fellow Gaians but kind of sad at the same time too because most of them haven't logged on for years.

Actually this topic leads me to something I've been wondering about for a while on how threads are decided to get put in the "Memorable Threads" section. Do you have to nominate it or something? I wonder what the rules are on that.

Super Spirit

Salathielly
Ask the Wizard claims to be the oldest thread on Gaia, and I'm not sure I would dispute that claim.

I totally forgot about that thread! eek

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Eyes
Salathielly

I totally forgot about that thread! eek

It's one of those threads that I've been meaning to check out since I joined in 2007 and never really got around to it... >.>;; I still remember it, though!

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
There'd be a lot more old threads around if not for the archiving issue in 2005. :< Even a lot of the surviving threads have tons of missing posts thanks to that ordeal. It's a little sad rather than nostalgic, for me.

Sparkly Assailant

11,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Heckler 50
I've had that feeling all day since I've been back after quitting, ehh, three years ago. Its been almost ten years since I joined. So many high school memories, and this was even a fun place during college, to have people and something familiar. A lot has changed though, nice to see some of the old threads still going strong.

Slumbering Tengu

Salathielly

Not gonna lie but that was the thread I immediately thought of when I saw this thread
I always wondered what became of it; interesting to see that it's still around

Rude's Bestie

Cat

What's bizarre to me is periodically being tipped or quoted and thinking "wtf I never posted in that thread" only to realize yeah I did, like 10 years ago. rofl

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Pengaana
Salathielly

Not gonna lie but that was the thread I immediately thought of when I saw this thread
I always wondered what became of it; interesting to see that it's still around

Kinda makes me wonder if there are any other threads still running from 03/04...

Slumbering Tengu

clarion
What's bizarre to me is periodically being tipped or quoted and thinking "wtf I never posted in that thread" only to realize yeah I did, like 10 years ago. rofl

I wanna say that happened to me once
I use to bump in the Million Page Thread way back in my Gaia early days
and I got tipped for one of my way back posts like how did you even find that post to tip it? gonk

Perfect Saint

Salathielly
I never seen so many old farts in one thread before. blaugh
I confess, I don't think I've ever encountered that thread. Maybe in passing some 10 years ago, but I really can't quite remember. It's not in a forum I frequent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff