Me vs UR MOM/DAD 0.24615384615385 24.6% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 130 ]

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
Chibi Halo
          Anyone in here brave enough to try their hand at the new cover art contest? If I could actually draw the idea in my head if I had skills in figure drawing then I'd attempt something but I'm afraid I wouldn't even be able to properly do it with the lack of getting things to the right ratio on an iPad (Sadly I don't have a Wacom where I am). If anyone should win this thing it should be someone with connections to the plot in the first place. And since it looks like my group might not have enough bravery and confidence in their skills to pull it off right in order to win it should be someone on the Nyx side. And if it's not one of us then I'd love to see someone from Paparazzi get it.

They gave us a good enough amount of time to work on it that I may actually enter

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Ichigo Arerugi
Nyx wins automatically, if Gino is his only competition.

If we can get Cresento, Nicolae, Loyal, and Liam in there, victory is not as assured. (And also I'd automatically vote for Jack Frost, even if he isn't a contestant)

Brennivin gets my vote. Automatically.

Stubborn Gifter

Chibi Halo
          Anyone in here brave enough to try their hand at the new cover art contest? If I could actually draw the idea in my head if I had skills in figure drawing then I'd attempt something but I'm afraid I wouldn't even be able to properly do it with the lack of getting things to the right ratio on an iPad (Sadly I don't have a Wacom where I am). If anyone should win this thing it should be someone with connections to the plot in the first place. And since it looks like my group might not have enough bravery and confidence in their skills to pull it off right in order to win it should be someone on the Nyx side. And if it's not one of us then I'd love to see someone from Paparazzi get it.

I will admit I have an idea in my head for the cover art. However, I can't enter it because:

1) I don't have a tablet to do digital art.
2) It will take me FOREVER if doing traditional art as well as trying to scan it well.
3) I kinda don't want to find an artist to draw my idea since it's really their work and not mine.

Fluffy Glitch

Chibi Halo

I can't draw to save my life so, nope. Not entering it but I look forward to seeing all the pretty art & I'll probably tip the ones I really like.

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Chibi Halo

Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

My art skills are just above nonexistent (used to draw assorted weapons and keyblade for the fun of it, but that was back in Middle/early High school), so I probably won't enter.

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!

Fluffy Glitch

User Image

I now have a bump image, but only for certain threads. Credit for art goes to MARlLYN MONROE & bara-chan.

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
stumbled across this on the interwebs, couldn't resist posting it here! lol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

WraythRose Darkthorn

that's awesome!!! emotion_kirakira
dragonmonkey
User Image

I now have a bump image, but only for certain threads. Credit for art goes to MARlLYN MONROE & bara-chan.

xd omg <3

Stubborn Gifter

dragonmonkey
User Image

If you flip your image, it will look like you and Slick are flirting at each other. ninja

Unstoppable Fighter

User Image
Make me mad and I'll throw a scalpel to the face.

Thought I'd like to drop by. So how's it going, everyone?
Brb while I go back and drool on the January Band Event cover art.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

One thing I'm not entirely certain about is this new Luca-Nyx combo. So did Nyx just absorb Luca's memories? Or part of Luca's personality as well?

Cos when I see this:

User Image

I'm curious as to wonder when the Don's thoughts and personality ends and Nyx's personality begins.

In all of Gaia's descriptions, and what we've seen from Nyx, he isn't particularly described as a purist of blood line and such. More like resentful for his situation (which is totally understandable, given the cards he was dealt with).

The only time that I've read about the Don's concept of racial purity and status are with the vampires. Luca's pursuit of a cure isn't necessarily based on bloodline purity, but rather a cure of an ailment for his people.

So I'm definitely a bit baffled when I see this threat:
User Image

Did the Don's darkest thoughts come to surface when he merged with Nyx? Or did Nyx decide, after his corruption of self in complete isolation that specific purging was the best way to go?

And it's not like species tensions is entirely something new; just look at that one Halloween where it was vampires vs humans vs dark elves vs glompies or whatever.

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
Slick Southpaw
WraythRose Darkthorn

I think it was supposed to be for the goddess nyx, but eh, works so much better here! lol

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
WraythRose Darkthorn
Slick Southpaw
WraythRose Darkthorn

I think it was supposed to be for the goddess nyx, but eh, works so much better here! lol

It was probably for the House of Night series, but it certainly works for us! cat_biggrin

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
Xashowd
WraythRose Darkthorn
Slick Southpaw
WraythRose Darkthorn

It was probably for the House of Night series, but it certainly works for us! cat_biggrin

Hmm never read that book series so I never would have thought of it. I assumed nyx-the-goddess because I found it on pinterest in a folder with a bunch of myth and gods/goddesses /shrug. considering fandoms, though I think you are probably more likely to be right xd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Slick Southpaw
One thing I'm not entirely certain about is this new Luca-Nyx combo. So did Nyx just absorb Luca's memories? Or part of Luca's personality as well?

Cos when I see this:

User Image

I'm curious as to wonder when the Don's thoughts and personality ends and Nyx's personality begins.

In all of Gaia's descriptions, and what we've seen from Nyx, he isn't particularly described as a purist of blood line and such. More like resentful for his situation (which is totally understandable, given the cards he was dealt with).

The only time that I've read about the Don's concept of racial purity and status are with the vampires. Luca's pursuit of a cure isn't necessarily based on bloodline purity, but rather a cure of an ailment for his people.

So I'm definitely a bit baffled when I see this threat:
User Image

Did the Don's darkest thoughts come to surface when he merged with Nyx? Or did Nyx decide, after his corruption of self in complete isolation that specific purging was the best way to go?

And it's not like species tensions is entirely something new; just look at that one Halloween where it was vampires vs humans vs dark elves vs glompies or whatever.

Well, I know in both the Gaia fanthread and BEST thread that the big theory is that when the words are light gray it's the recessive personality, while the black ones are for the dominant. Based on these pages. In the first Luca's still dominant and Nyx is the lesser, while it's been reversed later on. Of course, I don't think Nyx absorbed Luca, the two of them fused. But when Nyx was speaking and initially melded with Luca's hand, I think he had a significant effect on the Don's personality. The effect was probably increased when the two merged, so I'm betting it's a case of Luca's darker thoughts coming to the surface. But due to Nyx being the dominant personality, the light gray text in the pages you posted are all Luca speaking, so it's bound to be Luca's thoughts coming to the surface.

Of course, that's the normal-ish stuff. Here's where it gets really crazy...

User Image

Notice how Nyx's text has the light gray Luca Text inlaid underneath it? The Iron Magus noticed this, and based on the earlier theory that means both of them are speaking at the same time, which means in that moment, both personalities are in agreement. That tells you how much of an influence Nyx has had on Luca, along with perhaps how Luca sees the world the same way as Nyx. I bet it won't be the last time we see this sort of melded text from the duo. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces