The Kingdom of Annise and Desmona 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 6 ]
Neither 0.17117117117117 17.1% [ 19 ]
How is this thread still a thing?! 0.21621621621622 21.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 111 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 20 21 22

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

Penn Almasy
I'm not sure why the left eye (well, furthest-away eye) is always injured with Mephiste. Yes, it's a recurring motif, but I can't actually fathom why specifically that eye. Some cursory googling got me to a weird hokey site trying to explain the symbolism of eyes and that the left eye (at least in Egyptian mythology—like I said, this site is a load of hokey) is tied to the moon.

Which, up until now, Mephiste has been closely tied to lunar symbology in this sort of lore umbrella: he has been the blight of the ylves (and specifically the lunar-worshipping Ossidian ylves), his colors are associated with said lunar-worshipping kingdom (Coincidence? Maybe), the cornflower as an actual flower shares the same shade of blue you seem to see all over Mephiste and his incarnations...

Of course, I don't know if this story has been added to. I've been gone from Gaia for so long and probably missed so many REIs coming out that I legitimately am not sure how far behind I am.

I take sporadic hiatuses as well.

I like the information you turned up, even if it is hokey. wink I also thought of Oden, who supposedly had one eye. Loki was more of a trickster-god, but I think Odin could sometimes be that as well.

Still, not the same thing as the possessing people and stealing hearts. razz

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
Bumping to keep the thread open, and also because I am super excited about finally getting my Mephiste themed agate achievement!

Romantic Lovergirl

21,125 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
Wah I can't believe these items had such an interesting story!!! I'm honestly shook, this Mephiste sounds like an interesting individual. I wonder if Gaia has more plans for it.

edit 3: Isn't there more info about Saffron? Their character is also interesting!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff