Ossidia(n) 0.25225225225225 25.2% [ 28 ]
The Kingdom of Annise and Desmona 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 6 ]
Neither 0.17117117117117 17.1% [ 19 ]
How is this thread still a thing?! 0.21621621621622 21.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 111 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22 > >>

Fluffy Otaku

Hoshika Bayushi
The Secret Retreat item features male and female item poses... and the final one is called Soul Collection. Maybe he's the boss of the Retreat????

How do you all manage to remember little details like that from all the EIs/REIs?! That's amazing!
Regarding Secret Retreat: it's really plausible! (Although I'm still rooting for his own personal REI...hopefully something like a prologue: how he got the Soul-Collecting job from Lucifer or something. Who was the first soul he collected? Maybe relate it to the Faust story? That way, he can still be mentioned in other REIs, tormenting more people and collecting more souls XD )

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
CioccoLatte
Hoshika Bayushi
The Secret Retreat item features male and female item poses... and the final one is called Soul Collection. Maybe he's the boss of the Retreat????

How do you all manage to remember little details like that from all the EIs/REIs?! That's amazing!
Regarding Secret Retreat: it's really plausible! (Although I'm still rooting for his own personal REI...hopefully something like a prologue: how he got the Soul-Collecting job from Lucifer or something. Who was the first soul he collected? Maybe relate it to the Faust story? That way, he can still be mentioned in other REIs, tormenting more people and collecting more souls XD )

As I said, your comment on male and female forms and stealing souls came together in my head, I re-read the past EI reports, looked at the item, and deemed my theory sound enough to put in the thread. And as for motivation... demons stealing souls is such a part of what makes a being a demon that I take it for granted a demon is looking to steal souls.

Fluffy Otaku

Hoshika Bayushi
Wow! You re-read all the EI/REI reports?!! How diligent!

As for soul-stealing-demons, I think the more precise term would be soul-collecting--which presupposes that it was through the human's choice to sin and fall from grace through evil temptations; rather than being "stolen" away ("spirited away"?) by demons yet remaining a good soul. But that's being too nitpicky...sorry 'bout that. sweatdrop

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
CioccoLatte
Hoshika Bayushi
Wow! You re-read all the EI/REI reports?!! How diligent!

As for soul-stealing-demons, I think the more precise term would be soul-collecting--which presupposes that it was through the human's choice to sin and fall from grace through evil temptations; rather than being "stolen" away ("spirited away"?) by demons yet remaining a good soul. But that's being too nitpicky...sorry 'bout that. sweatdrop

Oh, I didn't read all of them, just the Secret Retreat ones.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
So like, I haven't been following the recent Mephiste related items for a while, but I read the entire thread. I don't know anything of the true plot, but all I could think of is that Mephiste is just Nyx.

I mean, it's probably a farfetched idea, but that was my conclusion from know some things about the two. Why Nyx? Well he was sealed away, so no physical form in this world right? Well, what if he could project and possess others from his captivity, like he is possessing Kuro. He has been trapped for a long time and could probably build up power over time to do this over and over, or if he is called upon by the host. Mephiste seems to have a love/hate relationship with women, and so may Nyx, seeing as his mother trapped him for meddling, and meddling is something Mephiste also loves to do. What seems to stop this shapeshifter from destroying our heros lives further? Flowers/roses, and Gaia appears to be a nature spirit. Why the name change? Because if you hate your mother, why would you keep the name she gave you.

I think all of these things are in Nyx's timeline, which is why he wants to just destroy everything now. If Briar isn't trying to trick Rosa and Celeste, and really did just want to find love, it would infuriate him further. The one time he had worked for true love like he should, it was suddenly taken away and given to others again, just like Gaia gave her love to others, and sealed him away, even if he was doing naughty things.

This is just my probably wrong two cents. I don't feel like I know enough about Mephiste or Nyx to make these assumptions really. Maybe... But man that would be a cool event if we got to team up with the spirits of Rosamund, Ciel and all of the other people who were affected by Nyx/Mephiste to stop Kuro from fully awakening him in his own body.

but like I said I have no idea, I am still a pretty normal Gaian since I am a know nothing pixel padawan.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ninja Katze
So like, I haven't been following the recent Mephiste related items for a while, but I read the entire thread. I don't know anything of the true plot, but all I could think of is that Mephiste is just Nyx.

I mean, it's probably a farfetched idea, but that was my conclusion from know some things about the two. Why Nyx? Well he was sealed away, so no physical form in this world right? Well, what if he could project and possess others from his captivity, like he is possessing Kuro. He has been trapped for a long time and could probably build up power over time to do this over and over, or if he is called upon by the host. Mephiste seems to have a love/hate relationship with women, and so may Nyx, seeing as his mother trapped him for meddling, and meddling is something Mephiste also loves to do. What seems to stop this shapeshifter from destroying our heros lives further? Flowers/roses, and Gaia appears to be a nature spirit. Why the name change? Because if you hate your mother, why would you keep the name she gave you.

I think all of these things are in Nyx's timeline, which is why he wants to just destroy everything now. If Briar isn't trying to trick Rosa and Celeste, and really did just want to find love, it would infuriate him further. The one time he had worked for true love like he should, it was suddenly taken away and given to others again, just like Gaia gave her love to others, and sealed him away, even if he was doing naughty things.

This is just my probably wrong two cents. I don't feel like I know enough about Mephiste or Nyx to make these assumptions really. Maybe... But man that would be a cool event if we got to team up with the spirits of Rosamund, Ciel and all of the other people who were affected by Nyx/Mephiste to stop Kuro from fully awakening him in his own body.

but like I said I have no idea, I am still a pretty normal Gaian since I am a know nothing pixel padawan.
While the theory is much appreciated, Nyx and Mephiste are two separate beings. If Nyx was Mephiste, Gaia would have said something by now about it. And she would have been extremely panicky because s**t s**t s**t Nyx already got out dafuq happened

Though a cross-over event could be cool. All's fair in love and war, after all. And I could dig some Jackdaw/Nyx fanart, too, *tiger growl*

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Penn Almasy
Ninja Katze

While the theory is much appreciated, Nyx and Mephiste are two separate beings. If Nyx was Mephiste, Gaia would have said something by now about it. And she would have been extremely panicky because s**t s**t s**t Nyx already got out dafuq happened

Though a cross-over event could be cool. All's fair in love and war, after all. And I could dig some Jackdaw/Nyx fanart, too, *tiger growl*

Lol bolded the true parts. But WHAT IF... it would be the best what if ever. I do love the Mephiste stories, but yeah I kind of paralleled the two from reading your OP.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ninja Katze
But WHAT IF... it would be the best what if ever. I do love the Mephiste stories, but yeah I kind of paralleled the two from reading your OP.
It would be a very fun event! Though I doubt Nyx and Mephiste want anything in common. After all, the latter needs the world intact to collect souls from and the former wants to send it all to todash... emotion_8c They'd need a common goal that both of them can agree to. Maybe recreating Gaia to how they see fit if they win...

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Penn Almasy
Ninja Katze
But WHAT IF... it would be the best what if ever. I do love the Mephiste stories, but yeah I kind of paralleled the two from reading your OP.
It would be a very fun event! Though I doubt Nyx and Mephiste want anything in common. After all, the latter needs the world intact to collect souls from and the former wants to send it all to todash... emotion_8c They'd need a common goal that both of them can agree to. Maybe recreating Gaia to how they see fit if they win...
See I knew I didn't know enough about this to be making assumptions. This is why I rely on peeps like you and other helpful Gaians to post. sweatdrop *is a lazy reader*

Alien Sweetheart

I don't know if anyone suggested this yet or not but...I know it's SUPER crazy because time lines and all that, but what if the new EI pieces of you, was somehow Mephiste's start? I know it's a bit of a stretch but it's an interesting idea anyway. Mara, is possessing people and taking parts of them and is just out to ruin their lives for shits and giggles now. Her Soul/Body back in Hell is slowing changing too SO! Maybe Mara takes on a new name to fit her new look as well?

Well anyway crazy idea theory thing there LOL

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
Meushi
I don't know if anyone suggested this yet or not but...I know it's SUPER crazy because time lines and all that, but what if the new EI pieces of you, was somehow Mephiste's start? I know it's a bit of a stretch but it's an interesting idea anyway. Mara, is possessing people and taking parts of them and is just out to ruin their lives for shits and giggles now. Her Soul/Body back in Hell is slowing changing too SO! Maybe Mara takes on a new name to fit her new look as well?

Well anyway crazy idea theory thing there LOL

eek I hadn't thought of that... and while it makes sense, I just re-read the Pieces of you EI reports and the third one mentions a 'powerful being' who helped the girl... my money would be on that being old Mephiste. But it also works with your theory, so we'll see what else future evolutions reveal.

Fashionable Vampire

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10079283
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/ei-report-introducing-l-histoire-de-mephiste/t.94252379/

Looks like Mephiste is back...?

Magic Hero

reviving this thread to celebrate the new REI emotion_dowant
i hope it comes with lots of backstory

edit: sifen beat me to it by minutes ******** me

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
So last week the Pieces of You finale ended with a mysterious, powerful figure starting to tell Mara his/her/it's story, and this week we start with Mephiste's origin story? That's probably the best confirmation of Mephiste's involvement in the previous EI as we are going to get.

Hopeful Girl

I hope a Fanthread for the REI, L'histoire de Mephiste, gets made.... ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas