< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22 > >>

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Hillbilly Hikari
User Image

I would've thought Rose Saga would've come after the Sainte series. That makes more sense to me.

User Image

Agreed. The clothing from the item even looks a little more modern than that in the Sainte series.

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
The power of love is an amazing thing.

I don't dismiss the possibility that Briar/Mephiste was telling the truth when Rosa and Celeste confronted her/him. It is a possability that s/he is telling the truth.

Think about it. He's a power seeker, right? And he had kidnapped Rosamund, to posses her, take her image, heart, soul, whatever.

Then he sees his prey being rescued, so she/he decides "If I can't have her, no one can!" And goes to kill her, but then the Paladin, Ceil, does something he does not expect; pushes her aside and takes the blow for her, and her love for Rosamund drives him away in the form of a flash of pure white light.

Later on, Rosamund comes back with a bone to pick, and slays him/her. From the ending of Agape, it is implied that Rosamund trained or went off train to do this when she cut off her rose-colored locks.

So he ends up alone. Alone, bound by roses, with one even poking out of his eyeball. Thinking about what force those two possessed that could have foiled him.

After all, only Rosamund and Ciel have had a 'happy' ending. Skyrim with Gay Dudes Hoarfrost Pass, kinda, but /she still got away with it. Only Rosamund and Ciel had successfully foiled him in all of his schemes.

He's left to think. And think. and think. Until he gets free of the roses. Eventually, he comes to realize that maybe Love is what that force was. So he sets out to take love by force. And thus, over the events of the other EI's, tries to find Love-- and after a while realizes that a soulless husk of a 'mistress' doesn't love very well (Ravenwood manor) a still beating heart, while powerful, doesn't love you, (Dark Heart) and it's hard to get love from one who fears you. (Hoarfrost Pass)

So he/she finally gives up and tries finding love the hard way; earning it, not taking it by force. Thus, we get the events of the Rose Saga. S/he finds Ciel and gets into a relationship with her, and then who shows up but Rosa! Who promptly steals away the one who s/he had been trying to woo; thus leading to the tears on the floor.

What do you all think of that perspective?

Off topic: Nice Capacha.

User Image

Sarcastic Bibliophile

31,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Imrae Myett
Hillbilly Hikari
User Image

I would've thought Rose Saga would've come after the Sainte series. That makes more sense to me.

User Image

Agreed. The clothing from the item even looks a little more modern than that in the Sainte series.

User Image

Definitely seems more modern with the clothing and what not. But even the story behind the piece reminds me of a story that would follow a medieval tale. Oh! Oh! Kinda like in Sailor Moon. The beginning of the story took place in a medieval moon kingdom, and when everyone was reincarnated it was in a modern school setting. I know I know, odd comparison.

User Image

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Hillbilly Hikari
Imrae Myett
Hillbilly Hikari
User Image

User Image

User Image

Definitely seems more modern with the clothing and what not. But even the story behind the piece reminds me of a story that would follow a medieval tale. Oh! Oh! Kinda like in Sailor Moon. The beginning of the story took place in a medieval moon kingdom, and when everyone was reincarnated it was in a modern school setting. I know I know, odd comparison.

User Image

Oh. I didn't see that sailor moon parallel. emotion_0A0

Celestial Trickster

35,575 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Expert Converter 250
  • Super Converter 100
Nice thread. I love all the stories of EI's. Well i also seek power, power, power and more power. Wahahahahahaha lol

Demonic Human

xd OMG! I am so subscribing. I collect Mesphite items (ones I don't have are in my siggy), even the Ravenwood Manor ones (item and SDPlus).
I'm so intrigued by his/her character. Cannot wait for their ei even if means spending more rl money.
I'm thinking they're just evil. Like maybe they were sincere in Rose Saga but come on... it's Mesphite!

EDIT: Wasn't Rose Saga an AU storyline? I thought it was... feel free to correct me
EDIT 2: I don't think I'm gonna collect the maybe Mesphite items. I can barely get the confirmed ones.

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
        Hmm.. If The Prince's Rose is apart of Mephiste's story then it fits in with Rose Saga.
        The Prince, and possibly Princess if the curse was passed to her, in The Prince's Rose needed to find love to break the witches curse.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Imrae Myett
Hillbilly Hikari
User Image

User Image

Um... it does? Not sure where I said it didn't.

Okami Ameras
That does make sense, and I do like that perspective. It would at least explains his actions in Ravenwood Manor and (maybe) Pieces of You.

Actually, if Love is a definitive factor for Mephiste's motive, I could probably paint a pretty clear timeline of all these items! That was what I was missing: something ASIDE from Mephiste that ties all this together.

Also she wasn't earning it because she lied about being Rosamund. I mean, points for effort by not killing or possessing anyone, but Mephiste/Briar still has a long way to go before s/he does find someone to love.

So in a way, Mephiste is still the Duke parallel of this strange and long Moulin Rogue! adaption to Ciel's and Rosamund's Christian and Satine.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Imrae Myett
I can't stop laughing about the Hoarfrost Pass description. Skyrim with gay dudes indeed. rofl

On a more serious note, I always viewed Mephiste as a trickster more in the lines of some mythologies. He's more chaotic than evil. He causes trouble for the heck of it it seems and if he gets something out of it, all the better.
Sorry, reapersun, but "x with gay dudes" can describe a lot of your current work... sweatdrop

That said, what he does in Dark Heart and Ravenwood Manor... I would not describe that as "trickster behavior."

we should just totes ask the artist
              of those ei's on wtf is mephiste.

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
Meushi
Penn Almasy
Meushi
Penn Almasy

Well it could be like the poll says too, and he was just lying so they would go easy on him. OR its a really complicated loophole and they sent Briar back in time to find love however all the love she wanted was always with someone else and though crazy powers and stuff, she BECOMES Mephiste!! DUH DUH DUUUUH!
Soooo, crazy time-travelling chick who causes a causality loop where Briar -> Mephiste -> Briar?

eek

rofl

Sounds about right!

I'm my own mother/father/daughter/son!

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
Okami Ameras
The power of love is an amazing thing.

I don't dismiss the possibility that Briar/Mephiste was telling the truth when Rosa and Celeste confronted her/him. It is a possability that s/he is telling the truth.

Think about it. He's a power seeker, right? And he had kidnapped Rosamund, to posses her, take her image, heart, soul, whatever.

Then he sees his prey being rescued, so she/he decides "If I can't have her, no one can!" And goes to kill her, but then the Paladin, Ceil, does something he does not expect; pushes her aside and takes the blow for her, and her love for Rosamund drives him away in the form of a flash of pure white light.

Later on, Rosamund comes back with a bone to pick, and slays him/her. From the ending of Agape, it is implied that Rosamund trained or went off train to do this when she cut off her rose-colored locks.

So he ends up alone. Alone, bound by roses, with one even poking out of his eyeball. Thinking about what force those two possessed that could have foiled him.

After all, only Rosamund and Ciel have had a 'happy' ending. Skyrim with Gay Dudes Hoarfrost Pass, kinda, but /she still got away with it. Only Rosamund and Ciel had successfully foiled him in all of his schemes.

He's left to think. And think. and think. Until he gets free of the roses. Eventually, he comes to realize that maybe Love is what that force was. So he sets out to take love by force. And thus, over the events of the other EI's, tries to find Love-- and after a while realizes that a soulless husk of a 'mistress' doesn't love very well (Ravenwood manor) a still beating heart, while powerful, doesn't love you, (Dark Heart) and it's hard to get love from one who fears you. (Hoarfrost Pass)

So he/she finally gives up and tries finding love the hard way; earning it, not taking it by force. Thus, we get the events of the Rose Saga. S/he finds Ciel and gets into a relationship with her, and then who shows up but Rosa! Who promptly steals away the one who s/he had been trying to woo; thus leading to the tears on the floor.

What do you all think of that perspective?

Off topic: Nice Capacha.

User Image

Nice theory, I like how everything seems to fit together and works!

Questionable Warlord

/subscribes to thread
I've been following Mephiste for quite a while and I'm still baffled at how the artists keep including him in the REIs and this for the past 3 years (Ravenwood Manor was released 2011). He's like the ultimate villain of Gaia and he's not even part of the main Gaia plot but more an antagonist within the REIs. Kudos. I'm hoping to see an own REI dedicated to him but I feel like that might take away his mysteriousness. Of course they could give it an open end where he continues to appear in future REIs or just make it one where his past is revealed but still. I see him as some kind of entity who likes to enslave innocent maidens because he seeks love. The Briar ending however was kind of awkward with the tears, so out of character. Perhaps it's like Okami Ameras described and he cried because s/he's got his heart broken after finally being able to love properly. That explains a lot.

On a side-note, Ciel and Rosamund kind of remind me of Uranus and Neptune with the whole "I love you, I die for you", the knightish past, the school AU, memory loss, transformation and whatnot. But...I'm reading too much into it and there are too many differences lol.

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
Penn Almasy
Imrae Myett
Hillbilly Hikari
User Image

User Image

Um... it does? Not sure where I said it didn't.

Okami Ameras
That does make sense, and I do like that perspective. It would at least explains his actions in Ravenwood Manor and (maybe) Pieces of You.

Actually, if Love is a definitive factor for Mephiste's motive, I could probably paint a pretty clear timeline of all these items! That was what I was missing: something ASIDE from Mephiste that ties all this together.

Also she wasn't earning it because she lied about being Rosamund. I mean, points for effort by not killing or possessing anyone, but Mephiste/Briar still has a long way to go before s/he does find someone to love.

So in a way, Mephiste is still the Duke parallel of this strange and long Moulin Rogue! adaption to Ciel's and Rosamund's Christian and Satine.
Of course.

Love is a divine madness. People will go to incredible, insane lengths to be loved, even if they don't understand what love is. If you desire love don't don't understand it, maybe ripping out a heart will get you what you want? You won't know unless you try. Can a souless being love? Don't know unless you try.

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
I've been put on the original post? Why I'm flattered. I'm glad people can see my reasoning on this and what makes Mephiste's actions consistent in my eyes.

Thank you, Penn Almasy!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces