Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hmmm.....

Moral Relativism be Damned! (Give me a Third Option!!) 0.51851851851852 51.9% [ 70 ]
But the Don has suffered so much! (Dark Elf) 0.21481481481481 21.5% [ 29 ]
Vampires are so HOT (even if they're just room temperature ;)) 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 135 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
My support for the Kuro gang does not mean that I have chosen one of two evils, it means that I choose to try to correct the declining integrity of the Dark Elves by supporting the Don, and hopefully with the help of the vampires, we can bring this conflict to rest.

It is an illogical fallacy to assume that by picking a side, you are picking an evil side no matter what. Luca is a poorly misguided boy who seems to be following the agenda of something greater and far more evil, but this does not make HIM the evil one. A little sociopathic and extreme, but not evil. I believe this is the result of some deep wounds he possesses, and while I do not think that is an excuse for his heinous actions, I do believe it means that he can be redeemed.

Instead of joining the vampires to forcefully stop Luca and the Kuro Gang, I shall strive for a peaceful revolution from the inside. Something much greater is pulling the strings here, and the sooner both sides see it, the sooner we can avoid, in a crude manner of speaking, s**t hitting the fan.

Hygienic Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
WideEyed
I'm trying to think of the "good and bad" you refer to.
As far as I can see so far, Kuro is without a single redeeming quality. While his motivations are not yet entirely clear, it does seem unlikely that they will be "virtuous" regardless of what they are ultimately revealed to be. I guess that some might see revenge as justified under certain circumstances, but it seems to me that any grudge Kuro might have should be with his own race, as it was their banishing his mother which led to his people's current situation.

And vampires are vampires, Louie being a singular exception IMO.
I realise that, in a time of war, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but I've got to say that I'm not exactly comfortable with throwing my support along side of a "friend" who views me as little more that a "mobile mini-bar".

I won't argue that people on any side of a conflict generally believe they are in the right, but it's a rare conflict indeed where they both are.

The point isn't that Don Kuro is virtuous- only that he, in the past at least, was a victim of circumstances. This makes people more sympathetic to his cause. It's a bit grudge match perhaps, but at least there is motive behind it aside from mindless violence. That would be truly the bad or evil- killing for the sake of killing. Revenge, at least, people can understand.
And where his mother is involved, even in real life people tend to blame the person their family member cheated with. They're the homewrecker, the seducer, rather than the relative that broke their trust. People always tend to see their own family as the more holy party.

It's a conflict, though. Not every party necessarily has to be right, but they usually believe what they do will be for the best. It's not about choosing the "right" option. It's about choosing what you believe. In war, just because you oppose another side does not make that side inherently evil. Propaganda typically tries to convince the populous otherwise, however, because as I said, it's much worse to fight against someone you can sympathize with.

The only point I can see you having is "I wish I could be the good person here". That's not how life works. You fight for what you believe is right. It. Is. War. You don't get to be the shining paladin because in the end everyone is a soldier splattered with both mud and blood. You can not participate, and that's the only way you can stay out of it. Yeah, you might get caught in the crossfire, but that's how life works. That's what I personally like about this event.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Daniel has Amnesia
My support for the Kuro gang does not mean that I have chosen one of two evils, it means that I choose to try to correct the declining integrity of the Dark Elves by supporting the Don, and hopefully with the help of the vampires, we can bring this conflict to rest.

It is an illogical fallacy to assume that by picking a side, you are picking an evil side no matter what. Luca is a poorly misguided boy who seems to be following the agenda of something greater and far more evil, but this does not make HIM the evil one.

Instead of joining the vampires to forcefully stop Luca and the Kuro Gang, I shall strive for a peaceful revolution from the inside. Something much greater is pulling the strings here, and the sooner both sides see it, the sooner we can avoid, in a crude manner of speaking, s**t hitting the fan.

While it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you're supposition re: Kuro being manipulated by some larger, malevolent force, turns out to be true in the long run, (I don't think Gaia is comfortable with any of their NPC's being truly Bad), I'm pretty sure the conflict is inevitable.
I also think that even if it does turn out that Kuro is merely a pawn in some greater Evil's plot, he's going to come to a bad end when this is all over.
I foresee the Great Evil (whatever it happens to be wink ) being ultimately defeated in the end, and with that defeat, it's influence over Kuro will dissipate, leaving him fully aware of what havoc he has wrought, even if he wasn't the one in charge.
He will either succumb to his wounds, but not before begging for and receiving forgiveness for his actions, or, consumed by guilt for what he has done, exile himself, perhaps to only be seen in the distant future as some pathetic and dimly recognizable figure, glimpsed only on the periphery of one's sight, and as quickly gone.

Shade

The supreme hope that such a thing happening is what causes Gaia to go for such endings.

If people bitched and moaned hard enough about it, Gaia would make things more permanent.

See: Johnny Gambino's death (sort of), Meili, etc.

Tipsy Cutie-Pie

10,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
You could just.... not pick a side?

Destructive Bunny

Where's Edmund's side? crying

Bashful Shapeshifter

6,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I can see your want for a side that isn't so gray in terms of morality. Neither side is really good for us. The vampires leave a bad taste in the mouth, and Don Kuro has gone full on NUTS.

I'm siding with the Kuro Gang because they're more interesting, story-wise. The vampires have had a decent amount of light shed on them, but we're still mostly in the dark when it comes to the Kuro Gang. (That will obviously change with this event.) I haven't been around lately, so my knowledge of the whole situation is a little lacking in nuance (There's only so much to be gleaned from just the manga)

Though, I'm willing to bet the whole meeting-with-Gaia deal seriously changes things 3nodding

Cursed Hunter

39,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I thought the same way. But I've been thinking it over...
and I believe I will "side" with the Kuro. For the sole purpose of killing more vampires.

I'm not in it to help the elves at all...just hurt the vamps. cool

Cursed Hunter

39,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Starshine

I'm sure Edmund would sort of have a hard time with it. Sure Louie is his bro right now, but vampires tried to kill them, but the Kuro sent the vampires. Dilemma.
Neutral Old Man for the win!

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
I'm not going to worry myself with who's good or bad "know that worrying is about as affective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum." Everything we think we know can change at the drop of a hat, or in this case a page, rendering it pointless. Though I sided with the vampires for more or less blah reasons, people seem to consider them "more good" than bad because of Louie, I realized they could probably turn on him once they get whatever it is they are after.
I think the major point of the event is that both sides are in the grey area, and only in the end will we know who is right--if anyone.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Equinoxious
You could just.... not pick a side?

True, but seeing as the Halloween Event is one of my favourite things on Gaia every year, that's not really an option as I see it.
At the moment, I'm leaning towards the vampires, but I'm sure there's a few instalments left in the expository Manga arc, so I'll keep waiting and see what else is revealed. smile

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Starshine

I'm guessing Edmund falls on the side of the vampires, seeing as he and Louie are friends and business partners.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Ty Taralom
I can see your want for a side that isn't so gray in terms of morality. Neither side is really good for us. The vampires leave a bad taste in the mouth, and Don Kuro has gone full on NUTS.

I'm siding with the Kuro Gang because they're more interesting, story-wise. The vampires have had a decent amount of light shed on them, but we're still mostly in the dark when it comes to the Kuro Gang. (That will obviously change with this event.) I haven't been around lately, so my knowledge of the whole situation is a little lacking in nuance (There's only so much to be gleaned from just the manga)

Though, I'm willing to bet the whole meeting-with-Gaia deal seriously changes things 3nodding

I agree about there being only so much to be gleaned from the Manga.
Have you seen THIS TOPIC ?
It's a pretty handy synopsis, although there's still a lot of sub-text that has yet to be revealed I think.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
allmostanyone
I'm not going to worry myself with who's good or bad "know that worrying is about as affective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum." Everything we think we know can change at the drop of a hat, or in this case a page, rendering it pointless. Though I sided with the vampires for more or less blah reasons, people seem to consider them "more good" than bad because of Louie, I realized they could probably turn on him once they get whatever it is they are after.

That's kind of the thing at the moment...
Right now, I see it as basically two criminal organisations battling it out for turf.
Up until now, the vampires have been quite happy to support/work for Don Kuro and cash the cheques, with no qualms about what the payment was for.
The way I see it, they're only turning on him now because he's upped the ante and plans to set himself up as some sort of Supreme Ruler, and they're looking to protect their interests, not save the rest of Gaia from a tyrant.

I agree that the whole thing could, and probably will change with the turn of a manga page, and a lot of what we think we know at the moment will be proven false.

I also agree that, should the vampires win the day, there's little or no guarantee that they'll follow Louie once their interests have been protected.
I get the sense that Zhivago is going to be a bit of a wild card as things play out....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff