Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What do you think?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 3, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Okay, maybe this has already been discussed, but I think it bears repeating:

When Gambino's tower fell, shouldn't it have taken out a LOT more than just the Von Helson Mansion? As clearly indicated by the cloud of dust, the tower was big enough to reach all the way from the island to Durem.

Understanding that, somewhere in the area of 5 (if not more) shops/businesses should have been completely wrecked in the resulting swath of destruction, and looting should/would have ensued.

There should have been an impact crater, a whole bunch of dead NPCs, and so on.

I mean, if the tower had launched itself from its foundation and pancaked into the mansion like a javelin it'd make sense. But it fell over, like a domino...
...the laws of physics don't apply to cool people perhaps? domokun

IRL Gekko

8,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
the_spooky

I mean, if the tower had launched itself from its foundation and pancaked into the mansion like a javelin it'd make sense.

I just find that amusing xd

But in anycase if the shops wern't spared, the market place especially, we'd have real trouble.
Well, if all the shops in it's path would have been distroyed, then everyone will be here complaining about how, because of Gambino, we can't go to the Marketplace, or to any of the shops in Durem. It would be chaos.

Aged Elder

CrAze
...the laws of physics don't apply to cool people perhaps? domokun

Dapper Genius

I recommend you watch some more anime to cure this 'Laws of Physics' nonsense idea you've got. xd >.>;

Original Member

I think they did it so that people would have an event to talk about, but still places to buy something.
Of course there'd be chaos! That's the whole point! twisted

As the gods of Gaia can give nifty items, they should also be able to taketh away. From a strictly storyline perspective, it would be amazing, IMO.

Granted, I don't use the Marketplace... sweatdrop
I think the architects who planned out how the buildings were placed were psychic. They KNEW all along that gambino would build a mansion, go insane, and drop it on the van helsons.

Invisible Gaian

10,175 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Kira Catgirl
I recommend you watch some more anime to cure this 'Laws of Physics' nonsense idea you've got. xd >.>;

XD 'xactly. The Laws of Physics have never, ever applied to anime :3
Kira Catgirl

Hey, there's plenty of animes that deal with the laws of phyics concerning falling objects- any "giant robot" anime, for example. Even shows like Naruto give lengthy explanations for why things happen the way they do.

I mean, if 200 gallons of blood had spurted out of Gambino after he was shot, then I think I'd be wrong for comenting. But things fall down and go boom al the time.

If the shops stood up on chicken feet and ran away (like Baba Yaga's house) I'd be willing to let it slide. wink

Familiar Elder

So many small errors in the story that it's best just to ignore it. XP Or else your mind gets all boggled and confused.
the answer is simple... it's a plot hole... and like in a black hole, when you enter a plot hole all laws of physics go out the window into oblivion 3nodding
Gouku
the answer is simple... it's a plot hole... and like in a black hole, when you enter a plot hole all laws of physics go out the window into oblivion 3nodding

If that was the case, why would there even be boards to discuss the plot? Why would there even be a plot in te first place? Things would simply happen, and it doesn't matter what we think is happening or why we think it.

After reading This Thread, I've developed a theory similar to the one presented on its first page.

Perhaps the tower was made of steel struts and mostly empy space, patched up with paper mache to create the illusion of grandeur. The top of the tower would have been solid, like the head of a mace.

So when the tower (inevitably) fell, it "missed" the surrounding countryside and obliterated the Von Helson Mansion and the sisters within it.

As for Gino, who was ON TOP OF THE TOWER when it fell, I don't really know. I guess he's a goner. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff