Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Josie Fan Thread

--A Little About Josie--

Josie is the NPC who first appeared on Gaia on March 4, 2005. Her job was to run the Housing Commission in Aekea and help Gaians with their homes.

In the past, Josie has also represented team Aekea in both Gaia's 2007 Water Festival and again in Gaia's 2008 Rejected Summer Olympics along side Liam. This is also when she had her first manga appearance and we learned more about her character.

For example, while all the other female NPC's (with the exception of Natasha and the Von Helson Sisters) were threatening Liam with bodily harm for his notorious playboy ways, Josie took it calmly as a fact and politely turned Liam down. She even went so far as to try to goad him out of his melancholy by reassuring him there's more to him then being good looking and a skirt-chaser.

Josie made a second manga appearance in the Gaia Prom 2008 Conclusion manga drawn by Sukinahito (Saka). We learned that she's a fan of the G-Team and expresses her interest in wanting to help them fight crime. When questioned by Leon as to what she can do, she slashes through an ice sculpture. WITH HER EARRING! As a wearer of earrings, hoops in particular, I can tell you that this is no easy task.

As of September 30, 2009, Josie quit the Realtor business to become a shop keeper. She currently runs “Global Imports,” a shop that sells “cultural items from all around the world.” Her shop has yet to appear on the World Map but hopefully it's still in Aekea.

-- Questions About Josie--

- What are your general ideas and opinions on her Josie so far?

- Josie likes traveling. You know who travels? Nicolae. Insider trading?

- Almost every woman on Gaia called to ask Ian out for V-Day 2k9 but not Josie. Is she not in to him or does she have some one else?

- Where did Josie learn her crime fighting skills?
And what metal could her earrings be made of?

--Discussion--
~*~*~*Minor Update*~*~*~

You may have noticed that the "Captain Marina" related materials have been removed.

I have removed them temporarily. Just until we finally get enough info. The opening of Buccaneer Boardwalk was said to be soon (according DJ Hellsing from Anime Expo, Saturday, July 3rd, 2010. I was there). Until then, I've taken the info down and saved it so that I can update and re-post it when the time comes. Thanks & sorry if this disheartensyou guys, but it was getting too confusing for me. sweatdrop

User Image
--Profile on Josie--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Name- Josie
Eye color- Green
Appearance- Long black hair in locs worn in pony tail, green checkered strapless top, matching green short sarong skirt, oversized blue scarf.
Shop- Global Imports
Shop Motto- Cultural items from all corners of the world.
Home town- Aekea
First Appeared on Gaia- Friday; March 4, 2005
Number of Updates- Two

--Quotes--

"Hi, (Username), welcome to the Gaia Housing Comm-- oh, sorry, force of habit."

"Welcome! Take a look around, (Username). I've got a little of everything."

"The housing market hasn't been doing so well, so I thought it was a good time for a career change."

"I've got items from countries I've never even heard of! Where the heck is Isla de Esquerra? Or Boruffania? Are those even real?"

"I think Liam looked great with a beard. He should have kept it."

"I wonder if the G-Team is recruiting... I've always wanted to be a superhero."

"You like the earrings? I can throw 'em through an inch of drywall at 20 feet. Beautiful but deadly!"

"Look at all this great stuff! I've always wanted to travel the world, but this is the next best thing."

--Official Images--
Josie at Aekea
Aekea Housing Comission's Old Storefront
Aekea Housing Comission's New Storefront
Housing Update Bulletin

Josie In The Summer Festival
Team Aekea Ready
Team Aekea Drenched

School Survival Josie
Josie On Getting A Nickname

Shop Keeper Josie
Global Imports Shop Front

Josie Boxing submitted by [Chocograph!] (drawn by Saka)

--Fan Made Images--
Josie's Avatar by AlysBrangwin
Josie's Avatar by -Kid Karma-
Josie Doll by Hypnotic Distortion

--Manga Appearances--
Win A Date With Josie Comic

Rejected Olympics; Aekea's Story I
Rejected Olympics; Aekea's Story II
Rejected Olympics; Aekea's Story III
Rejected Olympics; Aekea's Story IV
Rejected Olympics; Aekea's Story V
Rejected Olympics; Aekea's Story VI

Prom 2008 Conclusion

Fallen Gods I
Fallen Gods II

Quote:
--Old Information About Josie--
Former Occupation: Head of Aekea Housing Commission
Former Quotes: "My name is Josie, welcome to the Aekea Housing Commission. I can take your order for a new home."

"Let me help find a home that is just right for you!"

"Even though they say that a computer never makes mistakes, I don't trust those robots..."

"Llama."

--Updates--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Friday; February 10, 2006
Thread created
First member- Maxcine99
Fan-made avatar submitted by -Kid Karma-
Official Josie image submitted by [Chocograph!]

Saturday; February 11, 2006
First fan comic made by Gamemaniac511
First fan made banner made by Batneko
First fan fiction written by Artemis Isis
First screen edit submitted by Essence De La Vie

Tuesday; February 21, 2006
First fan art made by Essence De La Vie

**PAGE 50 reached on Tuesday; March 14, 2006**

Tuesday; March 28, 2006
Eir-chan wins Fan Art Contest

**PAGE 60 reached on Thursday; April 6, 2006**

Thursday; April 13, 2006
First Fan made video submitted by Kino of feel good inc.

**PAGE 70 reached on Wednesday; April 19, 2006**

Monday; April 24, 2006
First fan made doll done by Hypnotic Distortion

Sunday; May 07, 2006
The pirate chick, a.k.a. Kim, is added to the fanthread
First fanboy- Anti-Ling
First fangirl- Iron_Kitsune

**PAGE 80 reached on Tuesday; May 09, 2006**

Tuesday; May 23, 2006
First fanart for Kim made by Batneko

**PAGE 90 reached on Thursday; May 25, 2006**

**PAGE 100 reached on Friday; June 02, 2006**

Wednesday; January 30, 2007
Aekea Housing Comissions gets an update overhaul.
The Housing Comissions is now directly linked under "My Homes."
The "Talk To Josie" option is no longer available.

Monday, April 16, 2007
Josie appears in the mini-comic "The Beard Contest."

Tuesday; August 21, 2007
Midnacht asks about Kim in the "Ask The Admin" thread.

Midnacht: Hey Lanzer, I have a question for you that I would REALLY love a response to. In the GCD, there's a Double Fanthread for Josie, and this upcoming [NPC]. In the thread, they've nicknamed her "Kim". Could you possibly release her name?
Lanzer: eek We haven't got a name for her yet... sweatdrop But we do have plans for her though.

**PAGE 200 reached on Saturday, August 25, 2007**

Monday; July 21, 2008
Josie has her first manga appearance in Gaia's "Rejected Olympics"!

Thursday; April 30, 2009
Josie appears in "Prom 2k8 - Gaia's Lost Manga!"

Tuesday; June 30, 2009
Oochiyama brings us this tidbit from the 6/29/09 "ATA" thread from dev, pirula.

Oochiyama: Any chance we'll see more of Josie in this summer's plot update?
Could we see dolls for the less mainstream NPC's, like Josie?
pirula: Josie is rumored to be looking for a new job; although I don't what that might be or if she is even serious about it. (I am a Josie fan and want to see more of her too, but I don't know of any imminent Josie updates.)

Tuesday; August 18, 2009
Zweizi Galon questions Lanzer about Kim in the 8/17/09 ATA thread. She may be getting a make over.

Zweizi Galon: One theory out there at the moment is the unreleased NPC nicknamed "Kim" has been reinvented to become the upcoming zOMG! NPC "Captain Marina", the pirate captain of the Pirates of the Shallow Sea. Looking at their promotional pictures side-by-side, you can definitely see a similarity. My question is, is there any validity to that rumor?
Lanzer: The rumor was just a rumor, unfortunately. Both designs were great but there's only gonna be one pirate captain for now.

Tuesday; August 25, 2009
Ever persistent, Zweizi Galon questions Lanzer again.

Zweizi Galon: One thing that concerns me is that last week when asked if the upcoming Captain Marina zOMG! NPC was a reinvention of the past unreleased NPC nicknamed "Kim", you said that there was only going to be one pirate captain NPC planned. However, in a past ATA session, you were asked if you could tell the unreleased NPC nicknamed "Kim"'s official name. Your response was that she had no official name yet, but there were plans for her to be released. Has "Kim" been done away with? If she hasn't, please release more information on her!

Lanzer: Apologies but the situation turned out that the artists involved had been changed, and the artist involved in zOMG are not the same artist (in this case Saka) so the character design also changed. One note is that many NPC designs went through a lot of changes before they're finalized, so while we can say "there will be a pirate", we can't promise the final design until the last day.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Josie appears the "School Survival Guide." We learn her school nickname, 'Barferella.'

Tuesday; September 22, 2009
Zweizi does NOT quit! (SPARTA!)

Zweizi Galon: The Josie Fanthread wants to ask: Could you please tell us 3 facts about Josie that have been previously untold? We need something to discuss in the thread about Josie!

Lanzer: I'll need to stalk her for a while to come up with the facts. biggrin

Wednesday; September 30, 2009
Josie announces the opening of her own shop, Global Imports!
You can read it here.

Tusday; December 22, 2009
Josie makes her second manga appearance in pages 9 and 10 of the Christmas manga, "Fallen Gods!"

--Tributes to Josie--
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

--Fan Art--

Quote:
Josie Boxing by HanSynd
Fresh Out Of The Shower by Eir-chan
Nurse Josie by Essence De La Vie
I Heart Josie by Serenity Winner aka Selenae
Josie and Bunai by Bunai
Caught Unexpected by Batneko
Josie by Joksta
Morning Preparations by Batneko
Morning Preparations in Color by Batneko
Tough Stance by Kyradriel
Captain Anne Peckerwood, aka Josie by Robyn Red
Run Josie by Bunai
Teen Josie by Robyn Red
Josie by Essnce De La Vie
Josie Profile by Eir-chan
Ninja Josie by BatNeko
Girly Moment by Bunai
Josie Smiling by Bunai
Josie in a Gaia-T by Bunai
Josie Modeling by Bunai
Josie Modeling in Color by Bunai
Josie Luvins by Serenity Winner
Chibi Josie Team Aekea by Quatro
Fashionable Josie by Bunai
Young Josie by [ Mail Order Bride ]

--Fan Fiction--

--Fan Comics--

Quote:
Josie and BatNeko team up against Liam by Gamemaniac511
Ebay Has Everything by kino of feel good inc.
Llama *wheeze* by kino of feel good inc.
Josie and Liam by Pinka
Needing A Break/Liam's Fort by Pinka
A Visit With Sasha by Pinka
Visit to the Petting Zoo Pt. I by Pinka

The Llama Song featured in Pt. II & III

Visit to the Petting Zoo Pt. II by Pinka
Visit to the Petting Zoo Pt. III/Happy Valentine's by Pinka
The Return Home Pt. IV by Pinka
Technophobia by Pinka
Those Left Out In The Cold by Kino of Feel Good inc. (goes with his theroy)
Gino Get's The Bill by Pinka
No No Liam Pt. I by Essence De La Vie
No No Liam Pt. II by Essence De La Vie
Josie in Cosplay by Pinka
Drama Llama by Pinka
Gifted by Batneko
Halloween Date by Essence De La Vie
Team Aekea by Leopard Seal

--Screen Edits--

Quote:
A Cry For Attention? by Iron Kitsune
Don't Ask by Essence De La Vie
You Thought Wrong by Essence De La Vie (kind of small)
RAS gets NPCafied by Gamemaniac511
Girlfriends by Serenity Winner
Black Magic Woman by Ras-Anjilyn
Josie in the Avatar Arena Cosplay by [Impudent]

--Theories--

Coffy
One of the things Josie says is the word "llama." Llamas exist in South America, most notably near Peru and around the Andes Mountains. So, instead of being from India, as originally thought, it would seem she's from an indigenous tribe in South America that has access to llamas.

One of the places Josie may have originated from is Brazil, (bordering Peru) which has many African descendants of Nigeria. Her boxing may have been learned alongside the Afro-Brazilian art of "vale tudo," which means anything goes, in which contestants mix together combine Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing and Wrestling.

The tribal-like markings on Josie's body may be from Lukimi (also practiced in Brazil brought by Nigerians). Lukimi, as called in Nigeria, became Voudon in the Carribeans and Santeria in South American countries. Two Orisha (or Voudon goddesses) that Josie might be associated with is Oya (fierce warrior and strong protectress of women whose represented by wearing purple and burgandy) and Oshun (who represents sweetness, joy, and goodcheer and whose represented by wearing gold).*gives herself a cookie*

kino of feel good inc.
when josie was little she lived in a small house with her mom and dad. life was happy and carefree for josie and her family until a gang of bandits rolled into town, they took everything, from moeny to women to lives...to houses. one day the bandits rolled into her house and killed her parents, josie tried to fight back but was to weak.

now years later she moved to aekea, she has been working out and learned to box. She also gives away homes to every gaian.....expect for kino of feel god inc.... because he decided that since he chould turn into a girl he chould stand naked in his fem form and sell some hawt lezzie pics of josie on the internet.....it didnt work, so now kino is homeless.

gamemaniac511
josie was a carfree young innocent child, right up until her last year of high school. Roughly halfway through the year Joise began to get bullied..This pissed her off so she took up Boxing.But to keep her innocence she though about Llamas. On her final day she Boxed the bullies and they never returned to her.

She kept up with the two things she knew best of..Thinking of llamas and boxing this keeps her looking like she does today. Josie took a walk one day around her father's birth town of Aekea. Now with things at the back of her mind she noticed more people..Sad and homeless people she felt so sorry for them she set up the Aekea Housing Commission

Essence De La Vie
RAS-Anjilyn
Maybe she just really doesn't like robots?
Yes. One probably traumatized her when she was younger or malfunctioned and killed her family, turning her into an orphan and creating her distrust of robots, which grew as she did, still present even when she came to Aekea to work there...

Gambol
My theory on Josie's muscular build:
She works out daily to keep Liam out of her house!
It's a job that no ordinary woman can do...

Robyn Red
RANDOM THEORY: It says in the "Featured Place" thing that the Isle de Gambino used to be the Isle de Nativ, a resort run by the natives. Maybe Josie is an ancestor of those natives? I mean, all that tribal makeup kinda looks like something an islander would wear. I dunno. Just a thought. ninja

9,575 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
You can most certinally add me to the fan list she just dosen't get enough mention here! I'll do you some fan and, try to make screen edits *if you need to reserve more space just delete this and pm me or i'll pm you*

EDIT: Allright woot i got the first non.....josie post!!!! (first post ever in my life yo)
maxcine99
You can most certinally add me to the fan list she just dosen't get enough mention here! I'll do you some fan and, try to make screen edits *if you need to reserve more space just delete this and pm me or i'll pm you*
Your fine as is. I'm not quite sure yet.

1,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Your pants...

Finally! Another Josie thread! And to contribute, here's a shameless art plug-in!

...I mean.... ninja ...my avi edit of Josie! mrgreen

User Image

...offend me.
-Kid Karma-

Finally! Another Josie thread! And to contribute, here's a shameless art plug-in!

Got it. (will put up tomorrow. Am going to bed. Josie's coming over in the morning to cook waffles! 3nodding I heart her waffles)

1,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Your pants...

Ah, I want Josie Waffles too! crying

...offend me.
Who? Oh yeah! That MAN with the hooters.
Just kidding. Yeah, I would have assumed that after all this time someone must have made one, but I guess not. I support you.
WoodPegasus
Who? Oh yeah! That MAN with the hooters.
Just kidding. Yeah, I would have assumed that after all this time someone must have made one, but I guess not. I support you.
Ok, as for the "man" thing, do I really need to assume that I need to post a section for rules? (But thanks for the support)
heart RAS you finally made one...... we need to get my editing skills working here xd ... Maybe get BatNeko for a bit of help biggrin
gamemaniac511
heart RAS you finally made one...... we need to get my editing skills working here xd ... Maybe get BatNeko for a bit of help biggrin
blaugh xd *is somewhat proud of humble accomplishment*
RAS-Anjilyn
gamemaniac511
I really think it's about time Josie had a fanthread...She's been left out..even the storylines crying
gamemaniac511
RAS-Anjilyn
gamemaniac511
I really think it's about time Josie had a fanthread...She's been left out..even the storylines crying
Yeah! She gives us homes for goodness sakes! (should I add you as a fan?)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff