Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spicy Owl

61,590 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • mOWLware 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
    To buy cash.
    It's getting to me folks. I'm used to my constantly on sale cash levels. But now, after the whole PM fiasco all sales have vanished. For the first time in months the cash prices are exactly what they are at face value.
    With a summer sale incoming and no discounts I'm getting itchie and bothered, wanting to prepare myself but not wanting to kick myself either for buying too soon and a sudden discount popping up.

I'm not the only one itching over the lack of discounted digital currency and the fear that I'll buy too soon, am I?

On a related note it seems all the normal cash pushing moments have been replaced with reminders for GG and LQ notices. I'd rather the sales back over all that.

Divine Cleric

Too true. I'm feeling it too, but it's more because I'm just too broke to be spending any more money.

Clueit

On a related note it seems all the normal cash pushing moments have been replaced with reminders for GG and LQ notices. I'd rather the sales back over all that.

^ x (infinity)

We don't need to know that you're having a 70% sale on GGs every two hours. Just make the price a static 1000 GC for a pack of 100, tell us once, and call it a day. If we weren't going to buy it when it came out, we wouldn't buy it after you tell us for the 10th time of the day either.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

that itch has been soothed with some ointment of financial reality check for me lol.

Gaia isn't PMing me so I am happy

lkdjfl;asdkfjs

But honestly, if I did have the money to blow, I'd probably feel like you because saallllleee is my siren call, yo.

Tiny Friend

They totally planned muting the cash sales as the summer sale approached!
Although I can't see them not have [cash] sales on [summer] sales.

I think I'm safe from the summer sale from what I've seen from the leak...
but ya the itch is pretty mild for me because there's that Bulletproof item
I'm eyeing real hard at......

Rude's Bestie

Cat

Just paid my house payment and insurance so even if I was itchy TOO BAD the well has run dry (this month lol )

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I feel like they just want people to complain about their not being sales so that when they bring them back they can be all haughty about people not wanting the constant sale messages... =_=" Because that's really the reason that people were complaining and not because they were being intrusive in any way...

They just need to add sales banners under your GC total and problem solved... No need for announcements or PM's..

I kind of feel like the reason they are not giving you all sales is because they are trying to sell those honey pots. They make you buy GC at full price and then discount those 70% so you're all hey that's what I'll do I'll buy something cheap and make it feel worth my while.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Ugh I definitely noticed the lack of deals when I looked at the purchase page today. Not that I have money to spend (yet), but it is unnerving that they pulled all discounts right when the summer sale is about to hit. Pretty sneaky, sis.

Eternal Cat

30,725 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
For me, Gaia has turned into something undesirable and I've noticed myself becoming more and more resentful at the push of GC ads, gold generators, and daily cash shop items. I've come to largely ignore the GC ads, as I now need to save moneys for upcoming trips. I'm doing what I can to limit my purchasing of cash and generators, but with Gaia's economy gone to s**t and then some, I've bought a number of the gold generators to stock up on the almost worthless currency for when these gold sinks come around.

I was hoping that there would be a decrease in gold generators after Elysium's Gate, but I seem to have been incorrect. Out comes the next gold sink, along with it's own 75bil achievement. I don't have the money to throw at this, I don't want to throw excessive amounts of money. Several months ago I was wanting to save money on three separate accounts for when things came out, such as the Mythrill bundles in Club Verge, more specifically for November. But I feel that Gaia can somehow, some way, read my mind (and possibly my funding availability), and manage to have a sale when I've got no money or to make me spend cash saved on my account already.

Overall, Gaia's pissing me off, and all I want to do is say "******** off, bring back Lanzer and get your s**t together." but I can't. It wouldn't make a difference. I might be able to glean some information from DJ Helsing next time I see him, but that's not likely either. Still, I'm going to do the things I come on this site to do, and I won't let Gaia's s**t bother me. I've also got "the itch" to spend money here, and for a while that's what I was doing. I've severely cut back, only paying into the site when I could afford it, but now, that's essentially a pipe dream.

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

to me, it feels like Gaia is pouting

"You didnt like our PM sales?? Well FINE, no discounts for anyone, anymore!" -huff-

but I'm not itching too bad, before they ended the PM fiasco, I scored a 40% off GC
so I still have plenty for whatever they have to offer
but since they dont offer any Animal items, I can just sit on my stored cash lol

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| I have no itch whatsoever.
              My desire to spend money here is literally gone. I'm not even looking forward to the summer sale.

" The wandering Houngan logged out "

Cheery Capitalist

I'm just too sick of cash sale ads and LQI/GG ads alike, to be bothered. Also I'm being careful with my spending nowadays, and after I bought a small amount of discounted GC a couple weeks ago, I haven't touched sales at all. Gonna try and hold out as much and as long as possible with what I have now.

I probably won't parttake in summer sale either. If there's something I really really want, I'll try to get it off MP; if not, I'm not gonna even try.

Gaia's lost its value to me as an investment for real cash. I feel like I already put way more into this site than I should have in the past year, and I should cut the spending now and try and milk as much as I can out of what I already paid for.

Divine Muse

I blew most of my spare cash on the steam sale so I can't have any itch on Gaia.

Not they they will even have anything I like, I'm pretty picky.
But if anything is in this shade of blue, I'd be tempted, gotta be honest.

And I'll probably vend for it anyway, it's easier for me than buying a GG and getting a low as s**t payout.
Oh man, they got you hooked, they got you good. Wish I could give you some sort of advice but I'm no psychotherapist so good luck dealing with itxD

I don't buy Gcash so I'm pretty sure I won't be catching what you have.

Slumbering Tengu

I'm actually pretty happy the sales have disappeared at the moment
because it makes it easier for me to save my money right now
I'm saving up for a cool collector's edition of a game I want
so it means being stingy for the next 6 months

and 30% sales are sooooo tempting crying
$3.50 for an extra $5 of cash is almost nothing
My bank account won't even miss it

My only hope right now is that I'll hate everything that comes out from now till November
Fat chance but I've been good for almost a half a month already

Fluffy Loiterer

Knowing that I'm virtually poor on Gaia, I won't be having the itch. (3m gold is poor? lol and that money was gifted to me)

It's kind of sad when the only conversations I see on here have to do with the state of the economy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff