Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

So, I've been debating on whether or not to make this thread or not and after a long time debating on whether to or not, I decided to go right ahead. This is mostly just me being curious since we know that Don Kuro has hired vampires to kill off the Gods of Gaia. We know that some have succeeded, like Zhivago killing off Meili.

Now my question, how many have been killed that we don't know of? And if there has been a great many killed, how does that affect the world of Gaia? I mean is there some sort of balance that the gods have to keep so Gaia doesn't implode on itself, or are they just there to oversee the world and don't have any connection whatsoever?

Or does Gaia herself have the power to revive her fallen gods? She is powerful enough to take away Overseer and Sen's power after all. So could she snap her fingers and 'poof' Meili's back again?

She has to know something of what's going on with the gods if they're being killed off one by one. And my question is, do you think she'll do anything about, especially if this does upset the balance since there are no gods to perform their duties? Or are the others picking up the slack so that if there is a balance, it is relatively safe?

Formal Elocutionist

My assumption after thinking this over, is that it has something to do with the blood line.
Once one God dies, than the family heir will hold the responsibility.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

TINSTAAFL
My assumption after thinking this over, is that it has something to do with the blood line.
Once one God dies, than the family heir will hold the responsibility.

But what if there is no family heir? In the case of Meili he had no family that we know of.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Lapsis Stella

Or does Gaia herself have the power to revive her fallen gods? She is powerful enough to take away Overseer and Sen's power after all. So could she snap her fingers and 'poof' Meili's back again?

I think this is probably spot on.
If you consider Gaia as sort of THE Gaian God, and the rest as lesser, "appointee" gods, then it would be entirely within her capabilities to replace or revive any of her functionaries once the dust has settled.
The only real question I see is, why isn't she taking a more active role in what's currently going on?

I've never been a big fan of the whole "hands off" approach where my Supreme Beings are concerned.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          Yeah, hopefully there's some way of keeping the balance when a god dies. Maybe they do the whole reincarnation thing. Like as soon as Meili died, a baby tiger god was born somewhere else on Gaia.

Shade

WideEyed
Lapsis Stella

If you consider Gaia as sort of THE Gaian God, and the rest as lesser, "appointee" gods, then it would be entirely within her capabilities to replace or revive any of her functionaries once the dust has settled.
The only real question I see is, why isn't she taking a more active role in what's currently going on?

I've never been a big fan of the whole "hands off" approach where my Supreme Beings are concerned.

There is no point in creating life if you have to hold their hand throughout their entire existence.

That aside, I can tell you now that the gods do not matter. They are beings of higher power who care little at all about mortal wellbeing, and will remain in such a way. If you need proof, look no further than the arrogance of Sentinel and the Overseer. Perhaps Jack's folly that caused destruction and mayhem and lives to be taken also could be taken into consideration.

We are nothing more than trash to them unless they feel threatened, in which case, of course they seek out council and help.

Let me as you one thing.

At what point is a god truly a god, if they can die?

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Azavezel
WideEyed
Lapsis Stella

There is no point in creating life if you have to hold their hand throughout their entire existence.

That aside, I can tell you now that the gods do not matter. They are beings of higher power who care little at all about mortal wellbeing, and will remain in such a way. If you need proof, look no further than the arrogance of Sentinel and the Overseer. Perhaps Jack's folly that caused destruction and mayhem and lives to be taken also could be taken into consideration.

We are nothing more than trash to them unless they feel threatened, in which case, of course they seek out council and help.

Let me as you one thing.

At what point is a god truly a god, if they can die?

This is a rather large concept for a small, social gaming site. wink
Perhaps, within the Gaian context, the term "God" may be a bit of a misnomer, at least where the lesser functionaries are concerned, and they would more accurately be thought of as "Department Heads".
Each Department Head has their own narrowly defined area of responsibility, and, as has been shown, comes with their own unique powers, appearance and perspective.
I get the sense that some of them tend to be somewhat "blinkered" when it comes to their area of expertise, and focus in with laser precision on that specific responsibility alone, often losing sight of the greater purpose their specific niche supports.
As to "holding the hands" of the life you've created, geez, if you're not responsible for the life you've created, who the heck is?
I'll admit that the "God as absentee landlord" thing is kinda common, but IMHO as one of it's "children", I don't find it to be particularly commendable, much less worthy of my worship or deification.

Witty Nymph

I didn't even know we had gods haha.

/never reads the manga, bad Kuyusi bad!

Friendly Gaian

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think that Gaia would have the power to promote someone to godhood, so later she'll be going around, filling all the empty positions with beings she thinks are worthy of the title.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'd assume since there's no one 'manning the post' that activity in that area stops. Like with the god of spoilage, i think it was implied that if he died then stuff wouldn't spoil anymore, which is why Edmund and Brennivin were all like 'let's never talk about this to anyone' (that they saved jelldgy).

as for their posts being filled in after death, i'm hoping they get resurrected somehow (in spirit). I'm rooting for a reborn Meili biggrin

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Throw off your shackles! Reject these so-called "gods." Who put them in charge? Why should they rule the world? Don Kuro has a better plan. What's a little deicide in the name of paradise? The road to utopia will be littered with the corpses of the gods!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nerd

11,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Dang. I should really keep up with the comics.

OG Noob

Maybe the whole god lineage works like the Avatar cycle. When one dies, another is born thus ensuring that there will always be someone to maintain the balance.

9,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Lapsis Stella
So, I've been debating on whether or not to make this thread or not and after a long time debating on whether to or not, I decided to go right ahead. This is mostly just me being curious since we know that Don Kuro has hired vampires to kill off the Gods of Gaia. We know that some have succeeded, like Zhivago killing off Meili.

Now my question, how many have been killed that we don't know of? And if there has been a great many killed, how does that affect the world of Gaia? I mean is there some sort of balance that the gods have to keep so Gaia doesn't implode on itself, or are they just there to oversee the world and don't have any connection whatsoever?

She has to know something of what's going on with the gods if they're being killed off one by one. And my question is, do you think she'll do anything about, especially if this does upset the balance since there are no gods to perform their duties? Or are the others picking up the slack so that if there is a balance, it is relatively safe?
Lanzer is our god

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
It's time to start promoting random smucks to Godhood.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff