Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like better control over your eyebrows?

Yay 0.77124183006536 77.1% [ 118 ]
Nay 0.045751633986928 4.6% [ 7 ]
OMGGOLD 0.18300653594771 18.3% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 153 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Magic Hobo

I... cannot tell you how many times I have passed over a hairstyle just because it had stupid eyebrows attached. sweatdrop Another thing I've noticed, since I only ever buy black shop hair for my base, is even if eyebrows look cute or okay on a lighter color, that is no guarantee they won't be monster caterpillars in black.

A thing like the Masquerade, with a ton of eyebrow mods and sculpts, would just be the bee's knees. the Masq bangs' removal of eyebrows saves quite a few hairstyles as it is; it could just be a little bit better.

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Erinnerung
It still seems tricky, since eyebrow color and style is more closely connected to hairstyle than mouths or eyes...there are more factors to consider, so it would automatically be more complex. One example would be the Heian hair in shops, with the plucked rounded eyebrows. Would they have that type in all of the colors and all of the expressions? Then there are the wigs, which sometimes have multiple colors or gradients. That's why I assumed they would still be connected to the hair in some way, though it would be cool to have them as separate items. Maybe eyebrow wigs which override the currently equipped ones. xD

You're right, I hadn't thought about all the different colors of hair styles there are, I just kind of assumed they'd all be black or something >.< Having a separate item for eyebrows has been suggested a couple times, though I'm not sure how that would really be any less work.

Your avatar is absolutely gorgeous, by the way 3nodding

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Kitty Gnar-Gnar
I... cannot tell you how many times I have passed over a hairstyle just because it had stupid eyebrows attached. sweatdrop Another thing I've noticed, since I only ever buy black shop hair for my base, is even if eyebrows look cute or okay on a lighter color, that is no guarantee they won't be monster caterpillars in black.

A thing like the Masquerade, with a ton of eyebrow mods and sculpts, would just be the bee's knees. the Masq bangs' removal of eyebrows saves quite a few hairstyles as it is; it could just be a little bit better.

D: /has black eyebrows
Are mine caterpillars? JK >.<

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Ooh, maybe one of the Crosstitch contests could be designing eyebrow/facial mods? That would be an interesting contest whee

Beloved Perfectionist

i think i9m lucky in the fact that i like the eyebrows that come with the only 2 hairstyles i wear lol.

but i agree, eyebrows are very important

Shadowy Rogue

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Your Baconess
The Rogue Fedora

I actually meant how you would use a beard, like to pick things up and stuff like that >.< That's just kind of what your original post sounded like to me. But you've really put a lot of thought into this beard thing, haven't you?
It's a guy thing. I wouldn't say I'm really obsessive about facial hair, but a style is either yours or it isn't, so it's a bummer not to be able to get the beard you want. Saying we've got something kinda close just doesn't do it.

Tipsy Cutie-Pie

10,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I'm really surprised that Gaia hasn't done something about this yet, becase we've been talking about it for ages!

Summery Man-Lover

Long answer: I'm glad that the hairstyles I like either come with eyebrows I like as well, or they cover the eyebrows entirely:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There are, of course, a couple I would like to change:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
>> I love the colour and shape of the hair, but those eyebrows make me want to punch something.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
>> Again, colour + shape = fantastic. This is one of my favourites for sure, and I've used it in so many avatars, it's not even funny anymore. The eyebrows though...there's something about them that irks me.

Short answer: Hell yeah I'd like to be able to mod my eyebrows.

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
★
I'd like the option to remove my eyebrows, actually.
★

Questionable Mage

Your Baconess
Erinnerung
It still seems tricky, since eyebrow color and style is more closely connected to hairstyle than mouths or eyes...there are more factors to consider, so it would automatically be more complex. One example would be the Heian hair in shops, with the plucked rounded eyebrows. Would they have that type in all of the colors and all of the expressions? Then there are the wigs, which sometimes have multiple colors or gradients. That's why I assumed they would still be connected to the hair in some way, though it would be cool to have them as separate items. Maybe eyebrow wigs which override the currently equipped ones. xD

You're right, I hadn't thought about all the different colors of hair styles there are, I just kind of assumed they'd all be black or something >.< Having a separate item for eyebrows has been suggested a couple times, though I'm not sure how that would really be any less work.

Your avatar is absolutely gorgeous, by the way 3nodding

Thank you! smile
Maybe something like the masquerade, but only eyebrows? That would be a strange but highly useful item...colors would still probably be limited, though.

fxxkin demon

That is why I have wigs I only wear when I want that frowny or angry expression. Bad eyebrows do ruin a look.

My default hair er..well lack of hair has one of the best set of eye brows on Gaia. Just look how friendly he looks.

Space Goat

I'd love to separately choose eyebrows, but I guess I can see how it'd be hard to make eyebrows for every hair/wig color out there right now. It'd be awesome if they implemented it, though.

Mega Bit

I want an eyebrow mod item so my avi can make this expression: neutral

Sometimes the shape of eyebrows that come tacked onto the wigs are terrible..I often find that I don't want the wig at all because of the brow modification that comes with them.

Godlike Ghost

gaia_crown
Bad Moon has a bunch of eyebrows, and I think there is an item that gives you Gino's eyebrows?
But I also agree, because there are so many nice wigs out there that are ruined by some bad eyebrows. >A<
Even if they were only available in the salon colors, I'd be happy. ;w;

Amorous Paladin

14,400 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
I want an animated eyebrows item or set of animated eyebrows.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff