Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like better control over your eyebrows?

Yay 0.77124183006536 77.1% [ 118 ]
Nay 0.045751633986928 4.6% [ 7 ]
OMGGOLD 0.18300653594771 18.3% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 153 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I think it's about time the Gaia community learned to control their eyebrows. Have you ever tried to put together a cute, kawaii desu outfit, only to have it wear an off-putting, vaguely I'm-going-to-murder-you-and-enjoy-it expression? Or maybe the other way around, going for a sinister look, only to have your super preppy eyebrows claim "Hey, I dress like a punk, but I really just want a hug"?

Eyebrows are an important part of expression. Some expressions are almost purely eyebrow based, such as confusion or anger. Now, I have absolutely no coding experience, so I may be totally wrong here, in which case I'll just shut up and let this thread die, but I think we could do the same thing with eyebrows that's been done with mouths. We have 68 mouth choices, but zero eyebrows? I'm not asking for 68 different eyebrow expressions, just the basics would be nice. Things like, anger, sadness, neutral, happy, that kind of thing.

So, what do you think? Do you think they way eyebrows are now is fine and I'm just a picky overzealous weirdo? How difficult to do you think it would be to implement eyebrows? Would you support different types of eyebrows, such as bushy or finely plucked, as well as expressions?

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
So I guess that's all I have to say. I thought there was more, but I'll just edit the post if I think of it......

Go!

*Edit* Don't believe how important eyebrows are? Here is my evidence:
User Image

Kawaii Bunny

I'd quite like to be able to choose my avatars eyebrows. I want a 'one eyebrow raised' pose so that it looks like my avi is being questioning. Or slightly exaggerated angry eyebrows.

They'd give peoples avatars more character.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Rabid-Turtle
User Image

I wondered how long it'd take for him to show up xd
I admit, that was faster than expected, congratz to you >.<

Shadowy Rogue

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I always wear a wide brimmed hat. So I can't actually recall the last time I saw my eye brows.

But in general, yes, I would like better control over facial hair in general. It's a pain in the butt that eyebrows are locked to specific hair styles. And there's a serious lack of beard (etc) facial hair.

It would really do a lot of good if the admins re-built the hair/eyebrow/facial hair paradigm from the ground up.

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The Rogue Fedora
I always wear a wide brimmed hat. So I can't actually recall the last time I saw my eye brows.

But in general, yes, I would like better control over facial hair in general. It's a pain in the butt that eyebrows are locked to specific hair styles. And there's a serious lack of beard (etc) facial hair.

It would really do a lot of good if the admins re-built the hair/eyebrow/facial hair paradigm from the ground up.

Quick question: If you had control of a beard, what exactly would you do with it? question

Lonely Survivor

19,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I wish they would add eyebrows (and/or facial hair) to the salon like they did with the eyes, but I doubt this will ever happen. Failing that, it'd be nice if they made an EI or something that consisted of nothing but eyebrows (and/or facial hair) in various colors and styles. There are plenty of eye/face items that override the eyebrows of whatever hairstyle you're using, so clearly it can be done.

Ideally, this hypothetical salon update or EI would also include the option of having no eyebrows.
That's not a problem for me. These eyes generally have a frowny/killer expression, and with this hair it's not a subject at all.

I can see it being a problem for people though, and I kind of agree it would be neat to control the eyebrows

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Vampire Angst
I wish they would add eyebrows (and/or facial hair) to the salon like they did with the eyes, but I doubt this will ever happen. Failing that, it'd be nice if they made an EI or something that consisted of nothing but eyebrows (and/or facial hair) in various colors and styles. There are plenty of eye/face items that override the eyebrows of whatever hairstyle you're using, so clearly it can be done.

Ideally, this hypothetical salon update or EI would also include the option of having no eyebrows.

I think the EI thing is a good idea, but doesn't seem fair to non-cash users, making an item that's so important for emoting inaccessible to them.

Tiny Alchemist

I'd love posable eyebrows, or an item that just edits the eyebrows. There's a lot of hairstyles that make you look shocked or pissed off. I have to think about it every time I want to change my eyes or any other aspect of my avatar.
I do admit that eyebrows are truly important in expressions. Can you imagine a world where no one had no eyebrows? I mean, maybe you can figure out their expression from the wrinkles in the face, but, you know... it's a bit more difficult.

I'm not sure how east it would be to implement that on Gaia. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to use a wigs but.... DEM EYEBROWS.

I know that using Masquerade bangs makes your avatar utterly devoid of eyebrows. However some items, such as Angelic Manner, contain facial expressions that simply replace them.

So if I'm correct, corrective eyebrows could belong in the layer for "hair bangs", "facial expressions" or maybe even a new layer on their own?

Who knows?

EDIT:
Disregard what I said. We DO have an eyebrow item, so it's not entirely impossible. It's just... imagine how many colors for each eyebrow pose we'll be needing though...

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
DeathIsInLoveWithMe
That's not a problem for me. These eyes generally have a frowny/killer expression, and with this hair it's not a subject at all.

I can see it being a problem for people though, and I kind of agree it would be neat to control the eyebrows

Yeah, after looking through some of the hairstyles in Salon Durem, I realize that there may not be enough opportunities to warrant the amount of work it would take to redo the entire system. It comes down to just how much work it would be, I guess.

Killer outfit, by the way >.<

Lonely Survivor

19,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Your Baconess
Vampire Angst

I think the EI thing is a good idea, but doesn't seem fair to non-cash users, making an item that's so important for emoting inaccessible to them.

That is a good point. I was going to say "there's always the option of buying it on the marketplace", but it would probably be in such high demand that it would become prohibitively expensive as soon as it left the cash shop.

Rare

My hair always has bangs so it covers eyebrows so I have a pleasant expression, or the angrybrows actually fit the character.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff