Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
OokamixHime
The Iron Magus
OokamixHime

I think Lunyx sounds good cause it sounds really close to Luna (Moon). And I'm totally not biased for loving the name Luna.

That feel when you get a quote notification, but no one was talking to you. emo

I'm so sorry gonk I'd had an issue with the coding and accidentally quoted you.

xd That's okay. I figured that's what had happened.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

The Iron Magus
Pie
If this is what the Gambino family's really like, no wonder the 'other kid' decided to stay at the bottom of the ocean where no one could find him. gonk

Okay, but for real: What's your theory? Something to do with X?

Well, yeah! I know it's not likely, but...

I think the most obvious expectation is that this letter contains important fatherly advice that will somehow make up for years of horrendous parenting, like a therapy silver bullet, and make Gino become A Real Man who can face down Nyx.

But I'm not convinced, and I've only grown less convinced with time.

For one, I don't think Gino needs it... he's already grown a lot on this adventure, just like he hoped. He's never needed Johnny's help, and in fact it's getting shoved out of the nest that's taught him to fly. Ever since he came back from speaking with Gaia, he's stopped looking like a Young Adult and started looking like a Real Adult. And it's not just the looks, I'd say he seems even more adult now than when Johnny's DNA was aging him up and making him do reckless acts of bravado.

And on the other hand, there's Johnny. He's had his sentimental moments, but even then, there's been notes of his materialist mindset in it -- "She gave me such a gift, and I squandered it." If I were Johnny (yikes, now there's a thought) I don't think I'd waste my last message to my son on some feelgood inspirational piece. An apology's a little more likely, but... that doesn't do anything to actually protect his single most important asset.

We already know that Johnny has left Gino the keys to the kingdom. My theory is that letter's going to give him some clues as to just how far that kingdom goes, and what's really in it. The resources at his disposal that he can use to defend himself like a true Gambino.

And -- well, here's where my own vested interests come in -- regardless of all that's happened, if Johnny had any inkling X could've survived, that's probably one thing he'd want to tip Gino off about. Because if some hunter's declared it Gambino Season, an extra Gambino son that no one knew about -- one with Johnny's strength, intelligence, and human resource management skills, and not afraid to get his hands dirty to achieve his goals, and with some fragments of loyalty to his 'father' but who's considered expendable in return -- would be the absolute perfect weapon to fight back with

(I just... really want X in this storyline, you know? It's pretty much done a perfect loop around him at this point. And if they're waiting to bring him up, that would explain why Mr. Used-To-Be-GCorp-Chief-Of-Research simply didn't participate in the Gaia talk.)

Anyway, that's just one theory, and it's complete and total speculation. A more likely scenario, given Gino's character arc, would be something that really 'proves' Gino as Johnny's son. His nightmares have already shown us that he doesn't really think he lives up to his father, and he was later surprised to hear that everything had been left to him instead of Edmund. It's understandable -- even though they're father and son, they're as different as night and day. But perhaps now we'll get to see some of how Johnny lives on in him. And not literally, this time.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Pie

I think the most obvious expectation is that this letter contains important fatherly advice that will somehow make up for years of horrendous parenting, like a therapy silver bullet, and make Gino become A Real Man who can face down Nyx.

For one, I don't think Gino needs it... he's already grown a lot on this adventure, just like he hoped. He's never needed Johnny's help, and in fact it's getting shoved out of the nest that's taught him to fly. Ever since he came back from speaking with Gaia, he's stopped looking like a Young Adult and started looking like a Real Adult. And it's not just the looks, I'd say he seems even more adult now than when Johnny's DNA was aging him up and making him do reckless acts of bravado.

And on the other hand, there's Johnny. He's had his sentimental moments, but even then, there's been notes of his materialist mindset in it -- "She gave me such a gift, and I squandered it." If I were Johnny (yikes, now there's a thought) I don't think I'd waste my last message to my son on some feelgood inspirational piece. An apology's a little more likely, but... that doesn't do anything to actually protect his single most important asset.

We already know that Johnny has left Gino the keys to the kingdom. My theory is that letter's going to give him some clues as to just how far that kingdom goes, and what's really in it. The resources at his disposal that he can use to defend himself like a true Gambino.

And -- well, here's where my own vested interests come in -- regardless of all that's happened, if Johnny had any inkling X could've survived, that's probably one thing he'd want to tip Gino off about. Because if some hunter's declared it Gambino Season, an extra Gambino son that no one knew about -- one with Johnny's strength, intelligence, and human resource management skills, and not afraid to get his hands dirty to achieve his goals, and with some fragments of loyalty to his 'father' but who's considered expendable in return -- would be the absolute perfect weapon to fight back with

(I just... really want X in this storyline, you know? It's pretty much done a perfect loop around him at this point. And if they're waiting to bring him up, that would explain why Mr. Used-To-Be-GCorp-Chief-Of-Research simply didn't participate in the Gaia talk.)

Anyway, that's just one theory, and it's complete and total speculation. A more likely scenario, given Gino's character arc, would be something that really 'proves' Gino as Johnny's son. His nightmares have already shown us that he doesn't really think he lives up to his father, and he was later surprised to hear that everything had been left to him instead of Edmund. It's understandable -- even though they're father and son, they're as different as night and day. But perhaps now we'll get to see some of how Johnny lives on in him. And not literally, this time.

Yeah, your theory is pretty similar to my own, in that the letter actually contains useful info--I mean, he wrote it as he lay dying. Whatever he wanted to say, it must have been urgent.

My own not-so-secret-and-somewhat-unrealistic wish is just that the info will lead to the return of Gambino himself, instead of X. But either way, I'm hoping that it contains something cool an interesting, that leads them to find an edge over Nyx, instead of just some hokey inspirational message. After all, he'd want to help his son avoid his fate... and a Gambino knows that actual resources will get you further than a feel-good message.

Whether the storyline leads to a return of Johnny or X, I'd be interested if they went back to the Masque storyline, and did something to explain just why two Gambinos fused together were so powerful. I mean, look at the way he was tossing around Jack and Santa. That wasn't the strength of two mortal men combined into one... that was something else entirely.

Either way, two Gambinos are better than one, so I'd be pretty stoked if either one of us was right. xd

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

The Iron Magus
Pie

Yeah, your theory is pretty similar to my own, in that the letter actually contains useful info--I mean, he wrote it as he lay dying. Whatever he wanted to say, it must have been urgent.

My own not-so-secret-and-somewhat-unrealistic wish is just that the info will lead to the return of Gambino himself, instead of X. But either way, I'm hoping that it contains something cool an interesting, that leads them to find an edge over Nyx, instead of just some hokey inspirational message. After all, he'd want to help his son avoid his fate... and a Gambino knows that actual resources will get you further than a feel-good message.

Whether the storyline leads to a return of Johnny or X, I'd be interested if they went back to the Masque storyline, and did something to explain just why two Gambinos fused together were so powerful. I mean, look at the way he was tossing around Jack and Santa. That wasn't the strength of two mortal men combined into one... that was something else entirely.

Either way, two Gambinos are better than one, so I'd be pretty stoked if either one of us was right. xd

Oh man oh man. I'd be more than okay with that. gonk heart I don't know if the writer in me thinks it's likely though. Maybe if it was before Interlude, but they made a pretty big deal out of Gino accepting that he's gone. That, more than anything else that's happened, makes me doubt it'll be so quickly overturned -- not that it's implausible, but that it'd cheapen the story a bit.

I really would like more Gambinos in general. Nothing against Gino, I just like the entire family too much and want to see the bloodline make a comeback.

my character could help with that just sayin

Alien Sweetheart

I have no idea what's going to happen and I love it!

Wistful Witch

The Iron Magus
OokamixHime
The Iron Magus
OokamixHime

I think Lunyx sounds good cause it sounds really close to Luna (Moon). And I'm totally not biased for loving the name Luna.

That feel when you get a quote notification, but no one was talking to you. emo

I'm so sorry gonk I'd had an issue with the coding and accidentally quoted you.

xd That's okay. I figured that's what had happened.

It's such a pain xd all it takes is the one missing closing sign and the whole post goes out of whack. It's the conspiracy of the Backspace keys ninja

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Pie

Oh man oh man. I'd be more than okay with that. gonk heart I don't know if the writer in me thinks it's likely though. Maybe if it was before Interlude, but they made a pretty big deal out of Gino accepting that he's gone. That, more than anything else that's happened, makes me doubt it'll be so quickly overturned -- not that it's implausible, but that it'd cheapen the story a bit.

I really would like more Gambinos in general. Nothing against Gino, I just like the entire family too much and want to see the bloodline make a comeback.

my character could help with that just sayin

Yeah, I know. -_-

It seems pretty unlikely, but I will keep the faith. I believe that he will rise again, even if it's in a storyline far in the future.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Chibi Halo
minghii
moon gives nyx power, i presume, and as rivals i guess the presence of nyx made gino weak? scared? something like that.

nyx is probably just merged with luca so they're inside each other

THEY WILL NEVER KILL OFF CRESENTO FKJDHDSF emotion_donotwant
i can pretty sure survive it bc i know reaper is currently writing the mini comic and probably gonna finish it soon not that anyone cares but it's gonna keep me going for sure

Before Luca had the dominate body. Now it seems like Nyx is the one who's in control and Luca may never have a separate body ever again. He's stopped being Cordell's brother from the looks of it.

I guess it's Nyx transforming Lucas body to suit his own frm better and Luca lives as a seperate conscious instead with no decisions whatsoever then. Wow, I can't imagine the stuff he's gonna have to witness inside that body

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
The chapter seems to have already been digested, so I don't know if I should fill this thing out.
I'd hate to sound repetitive and repeat what other people have said. neutral

✘ Do you think they'll actually kill off Cresento?
I seriously doubt it. He'll probably get real close, but I somehow expect reaper to have Nico swing in and make the grand rescue escape.

✘ Who's inside of who now?
"That's what she said."
emotion_awesome
Joking aside, I think Nyx and Luca are sharing the same body. Nyx has made the body into his own image with a little bit of dark elf thrown in there, but Luca is still inside his mind.

✘ Will Luca ever have his own body back?
Nope.

✘ Is Cordell's life in danger now as well?
Sure.

✘ What's going on with Gino?
He's Digivolving.
User Image

✘ Does the moon play some kind of important role?
It's a sign that Nyx has returned.
User Image

✘ Will Gino actually open the letter next month?
....Will he?

See you next season, Gino!

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
x Karurie x
The chapter seems to have already been digested, so I don't know if I should fill this thing out.
I'd hate to sound repetitive and repeat what other people have said. neutral

✘ Do you think they'll actually kill off Cresento?
I seriously doubt it. He'll probably get real close, but I somehow expect reaper to have Nico swing in and make the grand rescue escape.

✘ Who's inside of who now?
"That's what she said."
emotion_awesome
Joking aside, I think Nyx and Luca are sharing the same body. Nyx has made the body into his own image with a little bit of dark elf thrown in there, but Luca is still inside his mind.

✘ Will Luca ever have his own body back?
Nope.

✘ Is Cordell's life in danger now as well?
Sure.

✘ What's going on with Gino?
He's Digivolving.
User Image

✘ Does the moon play some kind of important role?
It's a sign that Nyx has returned.
User Image

✘ Will Gino actually open the letter next month?
....Will he?

See you next season, Gino!

I could see Gino digivolving into Leomon. Of course, that would lead to Death by Heroic Sacrifice. emotion_omnomnom

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

Is Gino changing too? I mean, I know Lunyx got beefed up from the ritual they did, but the floor cracking under Gino's hand makes me wonder. (That is what's happening, right? I so hope I didn't misread the page.) What if Nyx wanted the Gambino bloodline destroyed so he could take their power (and appearance maybe >> ) And since Gino isn't dead, it instead went to both of them. Or something like that. XP

Time-traveling Senshi

Okay so things aren't one hundred percent final but here's how our Halloween thread is looking. I still need to set up the submission threads for the main contests.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Chibi Halo
          Okay so things are one hundred percent final but here's how our Halloween thread is looking. I still need to set up the submission threads for the main contests.

Lookin' good. emotion_yatta

Yurochka Z's Waifu

Mythical Bard

21,465 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Member 100
Chibi Halo
          Okay so things are one hundred percent final but here's how our Halloween thread is looking. I still need to set up the submission threads for the main contests.

Affiliates is spelled wrong 3nodding Besides the page number giveaway, would I also be the one to give away for the image quote or is that assigned to someone else? (I don't really mind either way, just wondering)

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
whee Can't wait for the Halloween event to start. Guess I better be good and get my IRL stuffs done ahead of time so I can spend lots of time having fun with everyone~

Everyone please plan to come participate!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff