Total Votes:[ 163 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

heart heart gaia

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Gaia has been dying since it first started if you want to play that kind of game. Seriously, a site or even a business doesn't ramp up sales when it's going to close. They also don't hire new and old people. They lay off.

Secondly if Gaia does close, you're not going to know about it. You won't see it happen. One day you'll log in and either see the domain sale page up or a message stating that Gaia has closed down and for a reason. Usually losing interest.

I've seen two sites close down almost randomly without any rhyme or reason other than the owners suddenly decided to move onto other things.Be glad Gaia is even open and that you don't have to reminisce through the Wayback Machine. Cause that hurts.

Intergalactic Recruit

- Gaia is free to use. You can access the forums and all actives here for free.

- You are not entitled to own anything. Gaia is a business who works for money and sells things to pay their employees. What makes you feel so entitled to have everything for free at other people's expenses?

- When you get paid for your job, is it anyone's business what you do with your money? You paid Gaia for something you wanted (an item) and got that item. They used their money to do whatever they wanted with it (18+ site). Do you have to like it? No. But they have a right to spend the money they earn however they wish to. If you don't like it, then simply don't buy anything from them and just because you do buy from them, doesn't mean you support how they spend their money, either.

- If no one could have stopped it (the inflation) then why does it matter if you "warned" people of it happening? So people could jump ship? Plenty have, and others simply don't care. A lot of people bought things from Gaia in the past, and they still do now. If you've always been a cash buyer, none of this inflation has really affected you (other than knowing you can't hold onto pure for long and waiting for re-releases so you can buy everything off your wishlist for cheap).

- A lot of people spent a lot of time and money on this site over the years to get their dream items and avatars that are now worth nothing as far as gold value is concerned. Things change.

- If it was always about the community and the friends for you, why does any of this inflation even matter? You don't need to spend a single cent on Gaia to enjoy the people you meet and talk to and befriend here unless everyone you talk to is so shallow they'll only speak to you if you have a fancy expensive avatar. I dunno about you, but those aren't the kinds of people I'd want for friends.

- Your effort was for nothing? So all the memories aren't worth having? All the people you met and befriended aren't worth anything now? Wow, almost makes me question how my life will be on my death bed: "Everything is different. Everyone is dead. I am about to die. It was all for nothing and didn't matter." Sounds like a pretty pointless shitty existence to me, why the hell even do anything then?

- What can be done? Have low standards and you'll never be disappointed, I guess.

BTW, I'm not defending Gaia. They haven't been very morally strong in much of anything anymore, but the entitlement and quick gratification of people these days is annoying.

IRL Labtech

`Hydro
This subject is still being beat to death in other created topics.

It seems to be the theme of the moment, hiatus'ed users returning to sticker shock.

While you might believe your devil tail dreams are in smoke because of the inflation, there are a lot of recolored devil tails being sold in Loyal's Bazaar.

While the inflation has mostly been received with criticism, because evidence points to the gold generator items as the primary cause, there are a few bright points. There are more high-quality items than ever and they are at many price points. Check this thread for some ideas.

Hang in there.

I ahven't left and I'm still suffering from sticker shock gonk

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Astra Green

Ignorance is bliss, sounds like.

Just because you don't know about something doesn't make it true or false. I was around for the days where they laid people off. Important people. Gaia wasn't "dying" even then. Growing pains, is more like it. Would you consider these excessive actions that have been increasing over the span of MONTHS as growing pains? I most certainly would not. This has been going on for nearly half a year now and only sign of it getting much worse.

Try reading some of the other threads about this situation.
Here's a popular one: Link.

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
jettisoned corpse

Gaia is free and has always been free. The major difference between how it was then vs how it is now? It was possible to earn gold and buy things, back then. Donating to the site was optional, as it is now, but did not command a large portion of your wardrobe. Many users sighed when they released the cash shop. I welcomed it, honestly. I like the idea of supporting a site I enjoy. I just think there should have been less focus on the cash-grab.

Entitled? Please.
You're trying a little hard, here. For the sake of the conversation, I'll consider that you actually think people feel entitled to others working for them for free.

Imagine you're an artist and you make your own prices as you feel fit. Good for you. You join the art guild for added support. They demand funds. It's to be expected. They then offer you supplies that you can't easily get anywhere else. Do you buy them and go into debt because you need them or do you look for cheaper alternatives? This is the problem. Gaia has a monopoly of the items, as this is their site. They have free reign over the prices and methods of payment and they are utilizing this vantage point to its fullest.

You think by mentioning a site, that means I'm downplaying it? Honestly, I'm a huge fan of 18+ sites but that's none of your concern. It's just a simple business move, that I was noting. They're over-extending gaia to help fund another site. This shows they don't care about us so long as they can get money from us. If they cared, they'd be open to suggestions, which they are clearly not. Half a year without a sign of concern for their dying community.

You have some harsh words. That's all they are, though. Words.
I'm here at a time that many are saying "forget it" and leaving. I am here for my friends. The community. Everyone. Even you. I'm speaking out because I felt I should. I don't care how many other people are or have already. I'm doing what I think is right and actions speak louder than words.

I'm just trying to be there.

Set low standards and you'll never achieve a single goal in your life and be proud for a second of your "achievements".CEOs and bosses all across the globe are frowning on you, right now. Some might work for their own selfish gain but even they have aspirations... and you accuse me of having a pointless existence?

There's a difference between what people feel, say, and do. I express the way I feel but does this influence my actions? No. I can choose to do as I feel but I can also choose to do what I know is right.

And as far as the entitlement and quick-gratification goes, you're right. There are a lot of people who expect the world on a silver platter for nothing more than a wave of the hand. I'm not one of them and you're incredibly rude for making such an assumption.

Gaia was great, a few years back. There was a reason I was a regular here. Just because you never saw the glory days and grew up in this depression doesn't mean it never existed.

I want to see it again. Not as it was but something like it. I just have hopes and dreams for this place. That's all.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Tadashiini
Astra Green

Ignorance is bliss, sounds like.

Just because you don't know about something doesn't make it true or false. I was around for the days where they laid people off. Important people. Gaia wasn't "dying" even then. Growing pains, is more like it. Would you consider these excessive actions that have been increasing over the span of MONTHS as growing pains? I most certainly would not. This has been going on for nearly half a year now and only sign of it getting much worse.

Try reading some of the other threads about this situation.
Here's a popular one: Link.
No it's more of a fact. I've seen sites close down. You witnessing a few people getting laid off is nothing compared to accessing your second home and finding that it's closed down because the owners lost interest. That's the worst feeling in the world and a empty hole that can't be filled. It's something that most people and thread owners know nothing about.

Come back to me when Gaia does close down and the only thing you can view is from Wayback.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

I've been here since the beginning.

It's not dying, I'm ok with where it's at, and you're being dramatic.

Also I'm going to be that person and say, unless you're going stop thinking you're correct, then don't bother replying to me because you won't win even if you get the last word lol

You'll still be wrong

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Astra Green

I'll come back to you right now.

Of course I can't express the same feeling of a "second home" lost but I have something near it. I rather enjoyed a site called dungeon fighter and I got really good at it. They started adding a lot of content that was interesting and I was getting really into it. Then it happened. Three months without an update. It was like the world froze. I was on the edge of my seat, every single day, waiting. Wondering.

I dumped about 50 bucks into that site, so I can't say it was a second home or anything but the amount of time I spent on it. The enjoyment that game brought to me.. They just closed shop and left.

Imagine. I JUST bought something from them and they closed down on me. I couldn't even enjoy what i bought.. but that's just how it is, I know. Stuff like that happens. But still, that feeling. No closure.

I investigated and found out that it was doing great in Korea, where it came from. This just caused me to be all sorts of wtf. I later found out that it was because that Nexon America was slacking on a bunch of content releases and couldn't/wouldn't keep up. As if half a year's time wasn't enough for them to translate the text.. Yeah, I suppose I'm expecting a bit much but really, half a year to get an update that happened somewhere else and the only thing holding it back was "I'll get around to it"

The question then was "Why shouldn't I be upset?" and I'm seeing it now as well.

That's why I'm upset.. because there's really no excuse other than "we'll get around to it".

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Day7
I've been here since the beginning.

It's not dying, I'm ok with where it's at, and you're being dramatic.

Also I'm going to be that person and say, unless you're going stop thinking you're correct, then don't bother replying to me because you won't win even if you get the last word lol

You'll still be wrong
>since the beginning
>2008 account

Riiight.

I don't doubt you may have another account that's older but still.. You can't blame my skepticism. You're not giving me a lot to work with here.

We're just not going to play the "I'm older than you" game.
Thanks for your opinions, though.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

Tadashiini

I've an account that used to be my main account that is only younger than Lanzer and VO by a month

I remember the halo's release and how excited people were for an item for donating, even though we'd donated before then

I remember sending art in the mail and having it featured regularly on the main page

etc etc

You're wrong to think this is the end of the site, and you'll keep being wrong until you realise otherwise

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Day7
Tadashiini

I've an account that used to be my main account that is only younger than Lanzer and VO by a month

I remember the halo's release and how excited people were for an item for donating, even though we'd donated before then

I remember sending art in the mail and having it featured regularly on the main page

etc etc

You're wrong to think this is the end of the site, and you'll keep being wrong until you realise otherwise
Good job. Good for you. Congrats.
And all that jazz.

You're probably right but I don't have to like where Gaia is headed.

And you know what else? You might also be wrong xD
That's the funny part. You're asserting that you know and the fact is that neither of us do. How juvenile.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

Tadashiini

Juvenility is more accurately placed on yourself for insinuating that you're correct in the assumption the site is at it's actual end rather than a lull

Shirtless Shoujo

3,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I've seen exactly this kind of thread reposted ever since 2009, so I don't think the end is nigh.
I absolutely don't mean to be rude to you OP, but idk how else to word it.

Sparkly Noob

12,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Tadashiini
Seriously. One cash shop should be enough and maybe a link to the back room (Verge)?

And where is this Loyalty shop I'm hearing about? That would be so awesome crying

have to log in 70 days in a row to go into it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff