Total Votes:[ 163 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

I left half a year ago to the complaints that the economy was getting worse and worse.
Please, let me finish. Read the rest of my post before you flame-on.

When I came back, I never expected this. The economy inflation has literally exploded to a Hundred times that of just a couple of months ago.

Why do you think this is?

I warned, in the past, about this happening, but no one listened. No one could have stopped it. It was a process already long in the motion. People would defend Gaia and say "Yeah, Gaia sold out, but so what? We've got amazing items". Look what your amazing items have done! A once free, community-based site is now nothing more than a cash-grab for their new 18+ site: http://www.tentacl.com

We were all used. Granted, we were buying cash OPTIONALLY but when the amazing items are only to be sold for cash or GROSS amounts of gold nigh unobtainable.. how else do you expect to be able to purchase them?

When I first started Gaia, many years ago, my dream was to obtain the devil tail. I worked hard and came close a few times. Each time I got close, the steady inflation would cause it to bounce ever-so-slightly out of my reach. This went on until I finally gave up, not wanting to ask for donations or to whore myself out on donation threads.. I tried. I really did. Even with my skills at working the market, it meant nothing.

That was then. This is now.

Devil Tail
User Image

Market Listings
User Image

How could you do this to us, Gaia? After all the years we've spent together. The donation items. I have always called them that. After all, I was donating my funds to a site I enjoyed. I only wished to see this site grow. The items were collectible and fun but it was never about the items. It was about the friends. The fun. The community.

Where has it all gone to?

Strangled by greed and blind avarice..

It's like all our effort, up until this point, was for nothing at all.

Is there anything that we can do?
>inb4 times change

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
This subject is still being beat to death in other created topics.

It seems to be the theme of the moment, hiatus'ed users returning to sticker shock.

While you might believe your devil tail dreams are in smoke because of the inflation, there are a lot of recolored devil tails being sold in Loyal's Bazaar.

While the inflation has mostly been received with criticism, because evidence points to the gold generator items as the primary cause, there are a few bright points. There are more high-quality items than ever and they are at many price points. Check this thread for some ideas.

Hang in there.

Royal Rabbit

I don't think Gaia is dying, I think it's less a RPG animu site and more forced social networking with trophies(items). Alas, it is sad, I just reached 2 bil and it feels like nothing when in the past, reaching a 100k made me feel like a god. Egh. I guess I can try to see this as a good thing. Perhaps through all this, soon items don't become the focus anymore and the site goes back to being what it used to be.

Or another option, is for everyone to get together, buy multiples of the same items (those with cash) and sell them for 'cheap'. Would the more people doing this help? Bring the prices down you know, and do less of the 'fynns booty' or 'rainbow' thing.

So the question is, we know the problem, but how do we fix it?

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
`Hydro

I feel that the recolors may actually be hurting the economy rather than helping but I understand your opinion and I appreciate your optimism.
Thanks, friend.
Alocrescent
Or another option, is for everyone to get together, buy multiples of the same items (those with cash) and sell them for 'cheap'. Would the more people doing this help? Bring the prices down you know, and do less of the 'fynns booty' or 'rainbow' thing.

The first thing that comes to my mind are people who use that opportunity to buy them for cheap and resell them back to the inflated price...
But I am sad too. I worked hard to get 6 million years ago and here comes some guy who doesn't give a damn about gaia and giving away millions to billions for like a dollar.

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Alocrescent

So the question is, we know the problem, but how do we fix it?

Exactly what I'm pondering at this precise moment.

I found an "Occupy" thread and I'm gonna lurk around there a bit to see what's up.

Just looking back, I know exactly how you feel. I remember when 10k could buy you a very nice item. I remember being afraid to buy one of those "expensive" items because it would be dumping all my hard-earned gold into one thing xD

Ah, memories~

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
If it's any consolation; the market will crash soon. This inflation is unsustainable to say the least.

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Imrae Myett
If it's any consolation; the market will crash soon.

Believe it or not, I'm not really into spiteful retribution. Especially towards things I care about.
I wish Gaia would just wake up and realize what it's doing to itself. It's like watching a young family member deal with suicidal motives..

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Tadashiini
Imrae Myett
If it's any consolation; the market will crash soon.

Believe it or not, I'm not really into spiteful retribution. Especially towards things I care about.
I wish Gaia would just wake up and realize what it's doing to itself. It's like watching a young family member deal with suicidal motives..

It's kinda a fact that inflation can't sustain itself forever. Chances are that Gaians will move on to a barter system. Those who list at ridiculously inflated prices will not find buyers and prices drop again. Finally, the state of MP doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the site.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Tadashiini
`Hydro

I feel that the recolors may actually be hurting the economy rather than helping but I understand your opinion and I appreciate your optimism.
Thanks, friend.

The cash shop items I do believe are not helpful, but I think the gold shop items like LB is helping create something of a gold sink that helps but does not completely combat the inflation.

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Also, what's up with the 4 cash shop tabs? Isn't that a bit excessive?
Premium Items, Cash Shop, Club Verge, Rococo

wtf

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Tadashiini

wtf

assimilate and buy GC
That is annoying. I would like to have just one cash shop link and perhaps one to the salon?

Sparkly Noob

12,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Tadashiini

wtf

I'm a bit confused honestly you would think the point of verge was for recolors and special items
shouldn't half or so of these items be put into verge?
Also Rococo is literally useless (I love you Kanoko) but it's to early to tell.

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Seriously. One cash shop should be enough and maybe a link to the back room (Verge)?

And where is this Loyalty shop I'm hearing about? That would be so awesome crying

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

I don't know if I can downvote any harder..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff