Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you love having this many EI's going?

Heck yes! So much activity! 0.8 80.0% [ 96 ]
No way! I wanna keep it simple! 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 4 ]
Oh bunneh, you so happy with EIs!-fondles your ears- 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 120 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Special Snowflake

Winter Hue

Not sure. If it is a collaboration, we won't know until we get future evolutions.
I will be able to tell pretty quickly if the pixelling style changes from evolution to evolution.
Aah, I see. Your skills of observation are pretty amazing Winter O__O I'll await the next evolution.
It's was just the way the "first evolution" was worded made me think that maybe they didn't do them all xd

Inquisitive Bibliophile

I had to dust off the section of my brain that controls Evolving Item related excitement. It's been a while since I was genuinely looking forward to Friday EI reports this much. ;^; I am so happy to see so much EI activity. I really hope the artists are aware how happy they have made many users.

All the excitement around the EI situation is definitely the kind of positive energy the community needs right now. <3

Sparkling Transmutator

Sand Dancer Shaka
Winter Hue

Not sure. If it is a collaboration, we won't know until we get future evolutions.
I will be able to tell pretty quickly if the pixelling style changes from evolution to evolution.
Aah, I see. Your skills of observation are pretty amazing Winter O__O I'll await the next evolution.
It's was just the way the "first evolution" was worded made me think that maybe they didn't do them all xd

Haha not amazing at all. I just stare at pixel items waaaaaay too much. XD
Oh and EIs are different than REIs in many ways. REIs are generally made
and completed before they are released. EIs however are worked on while
they are released. Since they contain so many poses, things can be changed
evolution to evolution. This gives the artists the ability to see what users like
and maybe make adjustments to the poses of the next evolution or even make
additions in the finale if feedback of the users desire such things.

For instance, the Dappy Dandy finale was really affected by the users when Buki
looked at the fanthread for ideas. It was a glorious time for Evolving Items.

Special Snowflake

Winter Hue
Sand Dancer Shaka
Winter Hue

evolution to evolution. This gives the artists the ability to see what users like

Nah, you must have to have a huge catalogue of items styles in your brain though!!
Picking out who's done what can be pretty daunting with so many items and art styles.

Oooh, I see. I was under the impression that even EIs had a good few evolution stages already completed before release, so that there's extra leeway if someone falls behind... Although, it makes more sense to spread out the evolutions over the year. I missed the days when user input was incorporated into the EIs though! It makes it exciting for us and lets Gaia make a product that more people want (because it's a bit more on target).

It's exciting that's for sure!

Sparkling Transmutator

Sand Dancer Shaka
Winter Hue
Sand Dancer Shaka
Winter Hue

Nah, you must have to have a huge catalogue of items styles in your brain though!!
Picking out who's done what can be pretty daunting with so many items and art styles.

Oooh, I see. I was under the impression that even EIs had a good few evolution stages already completed before release, so that there's extra leeway if someone falls behind... Although, it makes more sense to spread out the evolutions over the year. I missed the days when user input was incorporated into the EIs though! It makes it exciting for us and lets Gaia make a product that more people want (because it's a bit more on target).

Well artists are pretty unique with their styles. Shading, colors, themes, and flow are a good indication of who did what. However I am surprised from time to time, so every release is an exciting one. I love to see the artists try new things, especially colors they don't usually work with. It has become a bit of a second nature to be able to tell who made what. Generally it starts out as a hunch when I look at an item. Then I generally confirm it by looking at all of the poses.

Anyways, I believe that artists making an EI generally have a plan on what they want to make ahead of time, or at least a general theme. Through feedback and inspiration, that idea becomes a beautiful EI. For collaboration EI, teamwork is key. Lack of teamwork turn the EI into a mess of random evolutions. However, collaboration EIs truly shine when it tells a assortment of stories, each with its own evolution. Collaboration EIs give a glorious range of item types and styles. Offering something for everyone.

I wouldn't mind if this is a collaboration EI nor would I mind if it is just being made by Lowkei.
We will just have to be patient and wait for the next few evolutions. Then I will be able to tell.

Angelic Nitemare

Winter Hue
Sand Dancer Shaka
Winter Hue
Sand Dancer Shaka
Winter Hue

Well artists are pretty unique with their styles. Shading, colors, themes, and flow are a good indication of who did what. However I am surprised from time to time, so every release is an exciting one. I love to see the artists try new things, especially colors they don't usually work with. It has become a bit of a second nature to be able to tell who made what. Generally it starts out as a hunch when I look at an item. Then I generally confirm it by looking at all of the poses.

Anyways, I believe that artists making an EI generally have a plan on what they want to make ahead of time, or at least a general theme. Through feedback and inspiration, that idea becomes a beautiful EI. For collaboration EI, teamwork is key. Lack of teamwork turn the EI into a mess of random evolutions. However, collaboration EIs truly shine when it tells a assortment of stories, each with its own evolution. Collaboration EIs give a glorious range of item types and styles. Offering something for everyone.

I wouldn't mind if this is a collaboration EI nor would I mind if it is just being made by Lowkei.
We will just have to be patient and wait for the next few evolutions. Then I will be able to tell.
Personally, Id love to see a few poses for each of the two new Eis get a few fan poses.

Special Snowflake

Winter Hue
Sand Dancer Shaka
Winter Hue
Sand Dancer Shaka
Winter Hue

That makes sense that things like shading/etc are hints as to the artist's identity. I'm glad that things change enough to keep things exciting even for item pros like yourself ^^ Still it's pretty impressive, from what I've seen most of your hunches are correct 3nodding

Oh, I see. I thought they had a theme but wasn't sure of the extent of user input now, I remember way back user input affected it a lot, but now I wasn't entirely certain. I liked how the Modus turned out, but even if this one is a solo EI its still looks very promising! I love the background pose.

Do keep us informed though, please?

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This EI chat seems like it's a littler early sweatdrop

Shouldn't this be made on the 25th or the 26th?

Stubborn Gifter

Your Blushing Paladin
This EI chat seems like it's a littler early sweatdrop

Shouldn't this be made on the 25th or the 26th?

It supposes to be, but Ridley already explained that he will be busy on those days. Hence, he made the EI Chat early.

Fluffy Otaku

Woohoo!!! A lovely number 6.

As for Hoarfrost and Reapersun, you ought to put something like, "speculated by many to be made by Reapersun, until proven otherwise", or something like that.

Pandas....in Akihabaeara, aka Anime Mecca. The EI protagonist might be working for a Maid Cafe.
But the place is also known for electronics. So, I hope there's some mecha in it for the dude Avis.

There should be an REI for Ikebukuro, Fujoshi-land.
Wait---we already have that as Hoarfrost. xd

Exhibitionist

14,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Magical Girl 50
MY GOLD CAN'T KEEP UP WITH ALL THESE EIS

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

This Friday is like, gonna be magical. The fact that there's
a few items that are now actively evolving is just fantastic to
me.

I dunno, I got all giddy about it. The last time I remember
feeling super giddy over a real EI was with the Compass.
That was ages ago xd

IM SO HAPPY WHEEEE

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

There's six?? WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

14,950 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

When I first read the announcement title for Aria, I was like, "Oh joy... another REI... wait. *reads whole announcement* HOLY s**t, WHAT? HOORAY!"
And then I went and looked at the poses... and now I'm back to "Eh".
The color scheme is very nice - definitely something I would use - but the poses. xp I will use mods if they look nice, but I'm not fond of the opening mods in Aria. Too spindly.

And I haven't cared for Emerald Dream, either, for pretty much the same reason.

I'm still quite impressed by the Hoarfrost duo, particularly Northman. Whoever is the artist, praise be unto them.

Panda-whatsit... more cream.
Not impressed.

Bunny needs some lovin'.
When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars
--Lee Stalk

[br][/br]

Stellar Succubus

I'm loving this! *revels* And real EI's too ^__^

I'm a fan of Crossbon's items, so I'm highly anticipating the evolution of the Oz! (secretly hoping for brass and crimson colours)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff