Welcome to Gaia! ::

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
I adore skins. Even if i can't find an immediate use, they're very inspiring! emotion_kirakira

I like the doll skin, since it's similar to the basic C skin, which saves me the hassle of the potion. I don't like changing my base if i can help it.

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Steeple
I adore skins. Even if i can't find an immediate use, they're very inspiring! emotion_kirakira

I like the doll skin, since it's similar to the basic C skin, which saves me the hassle of the potion. I don't like changing my base if i can help it.
I think it took me a month to actually get the nerve to change my skin to a vampire, I love how it looks with make up.

Which is funny since I usually use the werewolf skin cause it's just too cute.
Whenever we have events I'm always hoping for new skins.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
My guess is that people didn't like skins anymore, specially since they don't always look right with CS items.
Back when I had the dark elf skin, it was practically impossible to make it look good because the limbs were super thin (they looked like noodles!).
So opted out.
The SIN and BOO skins look so weird you can't work them into your outfits.
But I did decide to convert into a zombie when the potions came out again last year (I really wanted to be a zombie since I joined).
I like the skin, but eye mods like Lovely manner and its kin and even the Kanoko and Majoko Mariko eyes (and all its recolors) and don't look good with the zombie skin.

fradrian's Significant Otter

Vicious Witch

39,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Rebel Spark 50
I miss the skins too.
I'm still a grombie since that halloween, never though in changing it.
Sometime I wear a diferent skin(mainly to avoid some weird effect with eyes) but I feel strange if I'm not in my grombie skin..

Halloween items used to be so epic... even the first jack set were really amazing razz

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
zweet_dreamz
My guess is that people didn't like skins anymore, specially since they don't always look right with CS items.
Back when I had the dark elf skin, it was practically impossible to make it look good because the limbs were super thin (they looked like noodles!).
So opted out.
But I did decide to convert into a zombie when the potions came out again last year (I really wanted to be a zombie since I joined).
I like the skin, but eye mods like Lovely manner and its kin and even the Kanoko and Majoko Mariko eyes (and all its recolors) and don't look good with the zombie skin.
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

I contest that last statement. I think a lot of eyes can look good with the grombie skin because I am a grombie and have been ever since the potions were released last year. All it takes is some creativity and getting used to the fact that closed eyes are a no go unless you wear an item skin. Also, if you can, invest in eye shaping items like Lovely Lucie or the Prince's Rose. A lot of times they can fix whenever an eye mod is just being stubborn.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Godly Sex Symbol

40,890 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
i love my grombie skin but to be honest
it makes some items impossible to wear so
i guess it's cause they just are a pain to
work with a lot of the time for the avatar
system.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I always thought the skins were kinda cool. I think I was a Grombie or Zombie once, I also remember being a Vampire I think?

While I'm not one who keeps the skins for long, I do care about them being released. It made the forum battling more immersive. Forum battling was never all that fun, but the skins made it more fun.

No, I don't think they will. If they do, it will be for sale for GC like everything else..

Fluffy Creature

I miss them. I wish the Werewolf Skin from a few years back came in different colors. Vampires and dark elves get multiple colors, so why not werewolves?
Sad day...
The most recent skin I liked was the ones from the wasteland set..
I do wish they introduce another skin .. one that makes the body have a light blush emotion_kirakira
More versatile than light spirit maybe?

Heroic Pumpkin

22,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
Growliere
I miss them. I wish the Werewolf Skin from a few years back came in different colors. Vampires and dark elves get multiple colors, so why not werewolves?

You should post this suggestion in site feedback. Who knows, they might just listen. Brown would be fantastic.

Hardened Humorist

I love skins. Just they don't support them like they used to. Such as items that use base tones. They supported them back when actively making/updating Skin Tyte shop items.

OP makes a valid point. Halloween has given us many new skins to fool around with in the past. I can't think of a new skin for this event. They've done some imp skins and infernal skins... all I can think of are feathers and leather... pfft~

Fashionable Nerd

I never used skins much, if ever. Only to make special outfits..
    and those were few and far between. I honestly wouldn't care if
    they made new ones or not. I'm so far behind the times here
    that if they did or didn't is pretty much no concern of mine.
    v.v

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
We don't see enough of us Grombies around anymore.

Then again, back in the day, having a skin like Grombie was a mark of honor.

That event was hell for some, and it made a lot of users proud to have earned it.

These days, it's got to be an item so everybody can have it.

It's fair to all, sure, but it doesn't inspire the kind of loyalty that used to be associated with that kind of thing.

We miss skin releases, sure, but we'd never change from being a Grombie.

Timid Hellraiser

12,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
zweet_dreamz
So opted out.

I would also beg to differ. :3 I think I wear the BOO skin rather well.

But on the other hand, I do agree. It is hard to use the BOO skin, especially way back then when the body/eye mods were rare. God, the weird red orb eyes are so strange... There's nothing angelic or heavenly about them at all...

Dead Hellraiser

I don't miss skin potions for sure. I've been using the light vampire skin since it came out and that's not gonna change.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing skin items in events more. The Chauntelle doll was a nice start, though I wish it would have looked a little less like a base tone skin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff