Welcome to Gaia! ::

Professional Novice

User Image
I try to be a serial Gaian. I log in every day, but it's a lot harder than it used to be. Back when I joined, there was only three years worth of stuff to catch up on, and really, that didn't amount to much since site up dates were so few and far between.

I've given up trying to keep track of everything. I couldn't tell you what last month's MCs were called. I can't recognize every pose to every item anymore. I don't remember the names of every RIG character. It's really too much.

Dangerous Rogue

When I joined Gaia there was a punch bowl, a few people standing around awkwardly, and an over abundance of cat-people.

Invisible Gawker

11,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
KaylaGalela
I try to be a serial Gaian. I log in every day, but it's a lot harder than it used to be. Back when I joined, there was only three years worth of stuff to catch up on, and really, that didn't amount to much since site up dates were so few and far between.

I've given up trying to keep track of everything. I couldn't tell you what last month's MCs were called. I can't recognize every pose to every item anymore. I don't remember the names of every RIG character. It's really too much.

Same here.

Except, I log on pretty much once or twice a day. I mostly stick to the GDC, but I couldn't name last month's MCs or tell you who the recurring RIG characters are that pop up from time to time. Don't get me started on the plot, either. Last I checked, Sentinel and Overseer had a fight. It's all a blacked out blur for me after that.

It's so funny... I've been on the site for 10 years now, and I still don't quite have an awareness of what's really going on sometimes. I don't know whether that's funny or sad.

Elysian Sex Symbol

15,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Person of Interest 200
I guess I would be Serial (super serial), because I've been watching the plot as it's been happening, but I haven't been as active in the past few years, so I may have missed some of the in-jokes and stuff. sweatdrop

Dapper Darling

Mekairinek
KaylaGalela

Same here.

Except, I log on pretty much once or twice a day. I mostly stick to the GDC, but I couldn't name last month's MCs or tell you who the recurring RIG characters are that pop up from time to time. Don't get me started on the plot, either. Last I checked, Sentinel and Overseer had a fight. It's all a blacked out blur for me after that.

It's so funny... I've been on the site for 10 years now, and I still don't quite have an awareness of what's really going on sometimes. I don't know whether that's funny or sad.
Only recurring RIG characters I keep up with are Kanoko (because she's adorable) and Cygnus. My lady parts are quite enamored with him.

I feel so much fondness for this site, but I will probably always be a vacationer and leave and come back.

Invisible Phantom

11,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
I used to be pretty darn serial when it came to this site until I went on hiatus.
Upon checking up, I kinda sorta maybe have a grasp on everything I missed.
There really isn't a good enough archive for Gaia's plot.

Things happened before the Zurg event? Huh? What? You're crazy.
Things happened after Gino almost got mugged/murdered in that dive of a city?
I guess I can believe that wait WHAT DO YOU MEAN EDMUND HAS A NEW STORE
WHAT THE FRICK IS GOING ON HERE

queen ozmo's Husband

I definitely do not look at the most recent plot.
I just remember what I read back when.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
When I first got here I didn't know how to catch up.
Ahhh I go through the experience of archive and serial too often, it's always fresh in my mind.

Manly Lunatic

Intriguing... sadly we won't know the full story of Fremere and Reiko... the 2 of the best artists of Gaia are long gone...

Invisible Gawker

11,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Qyp
Intriguing... sadly we won't know the full story of Fremere and Reiko... the 2 of the best artists of Gaia are long gone...

Yeah, that's the sad part. I'm glad for Jenzee and o_8 (the latter being busy with Skullgirls and all), but the potential of Fremere and Reiko was interesting.

It does make me wonder if the artists who create some of these characters (I think the Ringmaster is actually a character of Fayren's called Monsieur Loyal?) retain the rights to them after they create them for Gaia. If Jenzee still has creative control to Fremere in a legal sense, that might explain why we haven't seen him appear in any more items since the initial EI.

Man-Hungry Lunatic

To Whom It May Concern,

I'd consider myself to be both. I stay up with current events as best as I can, but things are bound to slip through unnoticed. Then I have to go through the trouble of finding where it came from myself or waiting for someone else to mention it so I know.

Sincerely,

Lady Xem 〜♪

Magical Darling

yum_strawberry

Fremere & Reiko?? n__n;;

Having been around since 2003 and never once taking a hiatus, I've participated in every event and read all of the manga (I think?). Though there are always times when I don't catch on to a reference. Fremere & Reiko, for example. I have no idea what they are about!

My complete involvement in an event or manga update is definitely choosy, and I often end up just skimming if I'm not entirely interested in the plot. Sometimes I don't even try to earn all of the items in an event if I don't like them or I find the actual event dull.

So I guess I'm a bit of both. I've followed everything serially throughout the years, but because I've often skimmed through plots, I have gone back to reread things if I'm really curious about what's going on. With all of the new items being released, it gets harder to keep up.

And seriously, who are Fremere & Reiko? emotion_facepalm

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
User Image

ha, i guess i'm a bit of both... when it gets interesting I go serial, otherwise, i'll let stuff sit for awhile and catch up later. i'm also lazy =_=

i'll drink to that

Manly Lunatic

Mekairinek
Qyp

Yeah, that's the sad part. I'm glad for Jenzee and o_8 (the latter being busy with Skullgirls and all), but the potential of Fremere and Reiko was interesting.

It does make me wonder if the artists who create some of these characters (I think the Ringmaster is actually a character of Fayren's called Monsieur Loyal?) retain the rights to them after they create them for Gaia. If Jenzee still has creative control to Fremere in a legal sense, that might explain why we haven't seen him appear in any more items since the initial EI.

I do not think she would mind, since she did all the art for Bastion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff