27,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
the hidden ghost
Fiorii
We don't need a second RIG/CI

Most important thing ever.

I suspect the RIGs are the only things that consistently sell well any more, and Gaia thought they'd capitalize on that.

On topic, there's not a lot in this month's RIG that catches my eye, which is good, because I'm trying to reduce how much Cash I spend, and there's no way I'm shelling out the MP prices for a bundle.

Except, if the marketplace bundles are anything to go by- they're selling less of the RIG bundles now. Heck, just look at these:

User Image
This is August 2013's Rig. It sold close to 1k bundles on the first day.

User Image
This is In Deep Ship - the early RIG this month. 300 sold on the first day.

So, it seems more like they're releasing a second RIG/CI in order to make up for the loss in profit ._.

And yeah, I think the only think item I want is the digital chic.

Winniesaur's Wife

Pro OTP

Aww, they Eurydice doll eyes are pretty. emotion_kirakira
Too bad they're insanely expensive.
lol

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
little bunnies
Steeple
little bunnies
Ew. Do you know what purpura are? What a gross name. neutral
"Purpura" is just "purple" in latin. That's why the skin condition is called that. emotion_awesome
I know but honestly that's lazy naming especially since the most common use is for rather unsightly skin discolorations, at least that's the first thing I think of when I hear that word. #doctorproblems
I took latin in high school, so "purpura" for me is instantly about the color.

Although lazy naming makes me think about how most scientific names are also super obvious when you realize what they mean. "grandiflora" sounds much more impressive than "big flower". lol

Fox Bakudan's Waifu

Princess Felidae

Chaos_Bunny
I wonder what the chances are of vindictive grace's price falling....

120mil is just too much D:
It's a victory item. So.... confused Not high.

Devoted Heckler

wtf.

Just got the SAME item (Sassy Bass) for a fail and a VICTORY scream eek

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Aw, no Astras? Nothing really stands out to me :/

Fox Bakudan's Waifu

Princess Felidae

Fiorii
Except, if the marketplace bundles are anything to go by- they're selling less of the RIG bundles now. Heck, just look at these:

User Image

User Image

So, it seems more like they're releasing a second RIG/CI in order to make up for the loss in profit ._.

emotion_eyebrow They announced at the first of the month that they would be doing two RiGs / month from now...>

So it has nothing to do with how the first RiG of this month made sales... At all.

My theory?
RiGs rake in dough.
It's gambling. People get HOOKED on gambling. .. .
Where as one rig would, quite literally, sit for two weeks... After being opened.. . They can now have TWO sitting... Remove the first... Release the next AC for the next month...

It basically consistently keeps RiGs in the market and in-demand.
We're, essentially, getting Bi-Monthly RiGs now. 3nodding

Invisible Ghost

Fiorii
the hidden ghost
Fiorii
We don't need a second RIG/CI

Most important thing ever.

I suspect the RIGs are the only things that consistently sell well any more, and Gaia thought they'd capitalize on that.

On topic, there's not a lot in this month's RIG that catches my eye, which is good, because I'm trying to reduce how much Cash I spend, and there's no way I'm shelling out the MP prices for a bundle.

User Image

User Image

Ah. I don't look at the graphs much in the MP I admit, but I had seen people talking about how many the last RIG sold. Making up for the loss in profit makes much more sense, actually.

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

Steeple
little bunnies
Steeple
little bunnies
Ew. Do you know what purpura are? What a gross name. neutral
"Purpura" is just "purple" in latin. That's why the skin condition is called that. emotion_awesome
I know but honestly that's lazy naming especially since the most common use is for rather unsightly skin discolorations, at least that's the first thing I think of when I hear that word. #doctorproblems
I took latin in high school, so "purpura" for me is instantly about the color.

Although lazy naming makes me think about how most scientific names are also super obvious when you realize what they mean. "grandiflora" sounds much more impressive than "big flower". lol
Latin would have been helpful to know in anatomy... but I hate Latin (and anatomy and skin things) which is why I decided I wanted to be a psychiatrist lol.

I still can't help but think that name is super icky.

Aged Noob

Those pigtails look really nice! But otherwise, nothing took interest in my opinion. They did a really good job with the items, though.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Starshine
TheLostNobody
Starshine
Bought the pigtails item so far, I love it.

The pigtails would be alot cuter if they gave us just normal pigtails instead of bicolor. That's what kept me from liking/wanting it. Just to have purple pigtails, red pigtails, black pigtails, white pigtails...or whatever you know what I'm getting at.

Oh totally, I'm only ever going to use the black ones. They are like a more dynamic version of the ones in sombre bloom. But I would like the item a heck lot more if they weren't mostly bicolor poses.

Exactly. I even said I'd only use the black ones if I did happen to buy them so it's not worth it

Stubborn Gifter

Dunno if it's me or are all the items look like leftovers from the previous RIGs. sweatdrop

Anyway, the only item that interest me is the Urban Dryad. Everyelse don't hold my peaks.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
little bunnies
Latin would have been helpful to know in anatomy... but I hate Latin (and anatomy and skin things) which is why I decided I wanted to be a psychiatrist lol.

I still can't help but think that name is super icky.
yeah it was the only language offered in high school so i didn't have much choice. it was really good for A&P and other language classes though.

Not surprising. sweatdrop i'd be icked out too. Speaking of latin, i did giggle at the use of "puerile"

Festive Singing

27,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Ambivalently
Fiorii

User Image

User Image

emotion_eyebrow They announced at the first of the month that they would be doing two RiGs / month from now...>

So it has nothing to do with how the first RiG of this month made sales... At all.

My theory?
RiGs rake in dough.
It's gambling. People get HOOKED on gambling. .. .
Where as one rig would, quite literally, sit for two weeks... After being opened.. . They can now have TWO sitting... Remove the first... Release the next AC for the next month...

It basically consistently keeps RiGs in the market and in-demand.
We're, essentially, getting Bi-Monthly RiGs now. 3nodding

I'm aware of that.
User Image
This is Jan's RIG. By all rights, this RIG should have been as successful as the one that sold in August.
But it's 600 short of that.

I tihnk they've noticed that people aren't buying as many RIG's as they use to and that people are still willing to buy RIGs, even after the fiasco that was December's RIG.

So yeah, it's about raking in the dough, by gambling methods, but it might also have something to do with the fact that a single RIG isn't getting the income it once was.
That's just my opinion, and I'm not an economist so I don't know if everything I'm saying is baloney. I don't really buy RIG's anyway so it doesn't really bother me.

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
ehhhh it's fine ouo
I think that one item with the lace and frills will end up recolored white/pale blue at some point.

(I really erally like Take you for a ride and urban mercenary aa)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff