Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel_Suicide
Absolute Shadows
*Claps*

I would make a Comment, But I only joined in September (and managed to miss the Halloween event *Hits self*). This should make for a Great discussion when I am fully awake as well =3

I like the plot as well, I never really was on gaia without one, but I only got into it at the 2nd Anniversary ball so gaia became even more addicting =3

Alright, I am done rambling, Nice thread

Yes, the plot is great. <3 When I joined there were NPC's, but little was known about them. I think the Olympics were the first real sense of plot, but someone can correct me if there was something earlier.

If there was one event that I would have loved to be here for its the first Halloween celebration. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and the Jacked '03 set are among my favorite items. My first purchase was actually a Jacked Shirt. It cost me 1 January letter, which was worth about 2.5k then. whee I was here for the second Halloween event, though, and it was probably the best yet. ^^

I am hoping this Halloween will be something atleast Near as good as last Halloween was =3
Demon Kairos
Angel_Suicide
Demon Kairos
Okay, time for a braindead comment... but yeah XD I agree with most of what you said.

I remember when sashes were a few k... and when you could buy a donation letter for 2k XD

Those were the days...

Donation letters were still going for 2.5k when I joined. whee I made most of my Gaian living peddling them, so I always went with the average going price. I haven't been exchanging since October when I got my minis, though, so I wouldn't even know what they go for now. I just donate for enough for myself every month. whee
They go for.... WAY to much XD I just sold my angelic minis ninja got a nice sum for them too.
I joined in june '03... but I didn't really get into gaia until late Aug '03... so I missed out on donating for a panda hat ;o; stupid me.

The panda hat isn't too shabby, but its not so great that I'd lose any sleep over it. whee Still.. the headphones haunt me in my dreams. lol

I imagine minis do go for a nice sum now. x_O If I remember right you won the angelics at a con, no? Pretty spiffy.. I've never made it out to one yet. I will eventually drag my avoidant butt out to one, though. That way Gaians can redicule me in real life, as well. xp

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I joined almost about one year ago.

It was really fun and the main thing was the forums

And being around when Durem came out and the my first quest for a nitemare scarf... i should of done the DT while it was still semi attainable.. gonk

Im still gonna stick around and see what comes next.

PS the intro of plot lines has made a great addition to this place too ^^

Dapper Mage

Vahn Malice
Demon Kairos
Druki
I remember back in my day, when Halo's were on the market for 20k, and if you had that much money, you were rich. Really rich.

I think that the main body of Gaia will stay forums, then when battling is released, it'll split in two.
-sobs- I hate that damn battle system... and it isn't even out yet. People have been bitching wanting one since '03... it can make a girl sick.

Just for that, if I were in charge, I'd be like, "Screw that. NO BATTLE SYSTEM."

Just wait until the admins release it. Then make your decision. I think it'll be great. I can't recall a feature that the admins have severely messed up, especially one that has been in the works since before Gaia was even made.
Vahn Malice
I joined in January... From the rumors I heard, I thought everyone here was going to be rude, selfish, unintellegent morons.

I joined. I was wrong. There are a few of those, but there are many more honorable members that I can get along with.

I see that Gaia doesn't always revolve around the forums, but it's great to find a place to talk and smile in.....

Well, there are rude, selfish, idiots here, but there are a lot of great people too. I think its always been that way, for the most part. Isn't that how all sites are? >_<

I think some people just don't want Gaia to change from being basicly a forum site like it was in the early day. I don't think its bad, though, people will still come to the forums. Gaia is getting huge now, there are enough people here that some can spend their time focusing on other features without the forums failing.
I joined in... em... I don't know! Without looking at my profile for reference (laziness does that to you), I'd say I joined around June-July 04.

At the time, I'd only just heard of Gaia for the first time... and I didn't have a clue as to what it was. I kept looking over the site, reading everyone talking about 'searching pages for giftboxes', and 'going on quests'... yet at the same time, the main page said it was the biggest user-created anime/roleplaying link list... and yet, all that seemed to be on the site, were forums. I was so confused. xd

Sooo, out of curiosity, I signed up (I miss you, sign-up NPC.), and made a post in the 'Welcome to Gaia' forum. I was -shocked- at the response. By the time it had directed me back to the thread, directly after posting, there were about four replies. I can safely say I had never seen a forum where this has happened before. So yeah, I stuck around, everyone seemed to be nice and friendly... and, well, here I am now. ^_^

Onto events... I can't even remember what the first event I 'saw' was. The main one I distinctly remember following though, was the Gaian olympics. The poll said something along the lines of 'Which NPC do you like the best?', and I was thinking "What? There are NPCs?". XD I had to do a double-take, and check out all the shops for the peoples names, before I voted. When the olympics came along, I found a Gaia IRC chatroom, and was hanging out there while it was going on... it was great fun to talk about it, and the 'people on the map' thing seemed so clever at the time.

Halloween... I was 'there' for that event, except I was being slaughtered by lag and database errors, so I just gave up as it was so unbearable. Looking back, I wish I didn't. Since then though, events have been much better... there are still maintenance periods and sushi errors, but they're so much better than before. And at least we get a message saying 'Error connecting to database' now, instead of a blank screen or a 404. :3

I've really liked the way they're getting the 'Gaia story' going, with events and manga sequences... as I said before, I didn't understand what it meant by NPCs before. I figured the shopkeepers were just there to make it look a little more like a shop, rather than actually be characters in Gaia.

Hmm... what else... donation items have improved, of course... I'm not sure if that counts as 'gaia evolving', but it's definitely like they're going out of their way to make 'an item cooler than the last' every month. They totally succeeded last month, 'Kiki Kitty' is all I ever hear all over the forums now, it became a famous name in a single day. whee
Druki
I remember back in my day, when Halo's were on the market for 20k, and if you had that much money, you were rich. Really rich.

I think that the main body of Gaia will stay forums, then when battling is released, it'll split in two.

Well, I guess when you look at it there was less money in Gaia as a whole back then, so it was harder for people to come up with 20k. Though, still not as hard as to scrape up 100 million. xd

I think that right now the focus is still more so on the forums then it will be. When the battle system comes out it will definitly take the focus away for many. Then as more mini games come out it will detract even more. I don't think the forums will ever be abandoned, though. I think some people will still stay focused on them, I just think that as Gaia grows people will put their time into different things.
Absolute Shadows
Angel_Suicide
Absolute Shadows
*Claps*

I would make a Comment, But I only joined in September (and managed to miss the Halloween event *Hits self*). This should make for a Great discussion when I am fully awake as well =3

I like the plot as well, I never really was on gaia without one, but I only got into it at the 2nd Anniversary ball so gaia became even more addicting =3

Alright, I am done rambling, Nice thread

Yes, the plot is great. <3 When I joined there were NPC's, but little was known about them. I think the Olympics were the first real sense of plot, but someone can correct me if there was something earlier.

If there was one event that I would have loved to be here for its the first Halloween celebration. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and the Jacked '03 set are among my favorite items. My first purchase was actually a Jacked Shirt. It cost me 1 January letter, which was worth about 2.5k then. whee I was here for the second Halloween event, though, and it was probably the best yet. ^^

I am hoping this Halloween will be something atleast Near as good as last Halloween was =3

I remember thinking that they would probably not make the '04 event as good as the '03 event, and man, I was shocked. It wasn't without its errors, but it was still great. The G-Corp part was the coolest thing thats ever occured on Gaia, in my opinion. I think they'll do something just as fun, if not better, next time. 3nodding
I joined in December '03. But whn I joind I was a total n00b. And yes, I mean n00b. Not nwb. I trolled and spammed and everything. But thn I got the hang of things. I really like gaia, but I'v noticd two things that hav changed. People. People have gottn really, really bitchy. Starting flame wars over nothing and the such. And prices. I remember bing excited over 1K...now th cheapest item I want is 6K +

Dapper Mage

Angel_Suicide
Druki

Well, I guess when you look at it there was less money in Gaia as a whole back then, so it was harder for people to come up with 20k. Though, still not as hard as to scrape up 100 million. xd

I think that right now the focus is still more so on the forums then it will be. When the battle system comes out it will definitly take the focus away for many. Then as more mini games come out it will detract even more. I don't think the forums will ever be abandoned, though. I think some people will still stay focused on them, I just think that as Gaia grows people will put their time into different things.

I know that when battling first comes, I'm going to be addicted to it. But eventually, when I master it and get bored of all the mini-games, I'll come back and live in the forums. xd

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Angel_Suicide
Druki

3nodding thats what i think. But people shall always gather in the forums to chat baout somethin or other
Michi_Neko_Chan

And being around when Durem came out and the my first quest for a nitemare scarf... i should of done the DT while it was still semi attainable.. gonk

How much was the NM Scarf when you started your quest? I remember when I first started, and I was really into exchange whoring, they were really cheap. They hadn't gone up too much by a year ago, had they? I would estimate 20-25k-ish?

Anyway, I think its been pretty fun too. ^^ I really enjoy the plot line now. I think its a great addition to Gaia, I honestly don't think I could see Gaia go back to the way it was without it. I love speculating what will happen next. I hope G-Corp makes a come back. whee
Druki
Vahn Malice
Demon Kairos
Druki

-sobs- I hate that damn battle system... and it isn't even out yet. People have been bitching wanting one since '03... it can make a girl sick.

Just for that, if I were in charge, I'd be like, "Screw that. NO BATTLE SYSTEM."

Just wait until the admins release it. Then make your decision. I think it'll be great. I can't recall a feature that the admins have severely messed up, especially one that has been in the works since before Gaia was even made.

In a way I'm looking forward to it. New feature usually come with errors, but they have always cleared them up, and the end product is always well thought out. I was really pleased with fishing and the housing project. Its obvious they put a lot of time and thought into features, unlike some sites. -cough-neopets-cough- In the end I think I'll probably get decent use out of the battle system. Though, I'll still post here, and I will definitly keep posting in guilds.

Dapper Mage

Angel_Suicide
Druki
Vahn Malice
Demon Kairos
Druki

In a way I'm looking forward to it. New feature usually come with errors, but they have always cleared them up, and the end product is always well thought out. I was really pleased with fishing and the housing project. Its obvious they put a lot of time and thought into features, unlike some sites. -cough-neopets-cough- In the end I think I'll probably get decent use out of the battle system. Though, I'll still post here, and I will definitly keep posting in guilds.

Indeed.

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Angel_Suicide
Michi_Neko_Chan

How much was the NM Scarf when you started your quest? I remember when I first started, and I was really into exchange whoring, they were really cheap. They hadn't gone up too much by a year ago, had they? I would estimate 20-25k-ish?

Anyway, I think its been pretty fun too. ^^ I really enjoy the plot line now. I think its a great addition to Gaia, I honestly don't think I could see Gaia go back to the way it was without it. I love speculating what will happen next. I hope G-Corp makes a come back. whee

::cheers for G Corp:: Speculation is what makes Gaia interesting. 3nodding

I thnk the nitemare scarf was about 120k-ish. It was semi expensive and i was really impatient at getting it. But i was really happy when i got it with the enormus help of my friend who showed me to the site. My nitemare headband was my second quest and now my final quest is DT. Though once again the almost 2 or 3 mill prices are making me crack. When i started this quest not to long ago (back in September) it was only like 900k to 1 mill. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff