Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Faun

Sciz
Ahh killing threads, sometimes it feels like I do that. Somehow what was said was the final thing that could be said for the subject, which of course is a lie. Sometimes things fall out of interest, other times, if they're like me, they forget.

As for role play killers, it's mostly motivation to keep going on that one line of role play gets tired for one person and the slowly stop posting. Eventually some one gets to be the 'killer'.

I feel like in any situation when it comes to keeping a thread active there has to be interest in the subject matter contained within. As interest slides out, so do responses, so does motivation to bring up the subject again and keep it alive. Once people have lost the excitement for something, they tend to leave it where it is and walk away.

fallenjay's Bae

Waffles

purplegnomes
How do I properly answer these questions without killing the thread? xd

Honestly, the thought usually doesn't cross my mind; I usually say my two cents in a thread, then a few days or weeks later I almost forget I ever even posted in it. That might just be me, though.

And if I ever did kill a thread, odds are it was probably my own; at that point I would just let it die peacefully.

That's exactly what I would say. burning_eyes

Kanth's Senpai

Shirtless Abomination

Raei
Sciz
Ahh killing threads, sometimes it feels like I do that. Somehow what was said was the final thing that could be said for the subject, which of course is a lie. Sometimes things fall out of interest, other times, if they're like me, they forget.

As for role play killers, it's mostly motivation to keep going on that one line of role play gets tired for one person and the slowly stop posting. Eventually some one gets to be the 'killer'.

I feel like in any situation when it comes to keeping a thread active there has to be interest in the subject matter contained within. As interest slides out, so do responses, so does motivation to bring up the subject again and keep it alive. Once people have lost the excitement for something, they tend to leave it where it is and walk away.

That's true of any conversation, forums just make it easy to come back to, or respond to at anytime.

My 'killing' habits usually come from the time zone I usually post in, work hours EST seems to be a bad time to expect frequent posting. sweatdrop

Benevolent Faun

Sciz
Raei
Sciz

That's true of any conversation, forums just make it easy to come back to, or respond to at anytime.

My 'killing' habits usually come from the time zone I usually post in, work hours EST seems to be a bad time to expect frequent posting. sweatdrop

The problem with forums for me is that you CAN come back and respond at any time, and I always tell myself that I will respond and I never really end up responding... so due to my own laziness and "It'll always be there!" attitude, I don't respond and then too much time passes and I don't respond out of embarrassment for letting too much time pass. xp

Time zones are definitely a part of it that I didn't actually think of! I tend to be online when most folks are online, so timezones don't affect me so much. But that's interesting!

Mewling Kitten

I don't believe in killing a thread, and I'm also not insecure so I couldn't care less if no one posts after me xd

Enduring Sex Symbol

Raei
1-800-OMG-STFU
Oh my God...

I told you I could do it. rofl

Every time you think you're killing the thread you bring it to the front page where people can read it and respond... So really you're doing the opposite. xp

Oh no, I definitely, DEFINITELY killed it. xp

I was just nice enough to defib it too. whee

Nerd

Back when I was first starting out I'd be really anxious about no one posting after me. I went on a spree of killing threads it seemed like I killed the conversation everywhere I posted. I'd feel bad almost every time it happened and I'd let it discourage me from posting.

Now a days though I don't really give a ********. I'll say my peace and if no one has anything they'd like to share afterwards I know it's not my fault. Although when I post topics I still get kinda nervous that no one will want to reply :/

shy gh0st's Wife

I feel honored when I kill a thread. emotion_dowant

Benevolent Faun

B I B A X T
Back when I was first starting out I'd be really anxious about no one posting after me. I went on a spree of killing threads it seemed like I killed the conversation everywhere I posted. I'd feel bad almost every time it happened and I'd let it discourage me from posting.

Now a days though I don't really give a ********. I'll say my peace and if no one has anything they'd like to share afterwards I know it's not my fault. Although when I post topics I still get kinda nervous that no one will want to reply :/

When I posted this topic I got so anxious that no one would respond that I had to log off for ten minutes to calm down. It's the first topic I've posted in the GCD and I've seen sooo many threads flamed for their content or downvoted immediately, and it made me way more nervous that I needed to be!

Benevolent Faun

Busy Bunny
I feel honored when I kill a thread. emotion_dowant

Ehehe--Clearly I need to take a page out of your book pirate

shy gh0st's Wife

Raei
When I posted this topic I got so anxious that no one would respond that I had to log off for ten minutes to calm down.
That's so cute. redface

Benevolent Faun

Busy Bunny
Raei
When I posted this topic I got so anxious that no one would respond that I had to log off for ten minutes to calm down.
That's so cute. redface

omg. emotion_kirakira emotion_facepalm

shy gh0st's Wife

Raei
STAHP BEING SO CUTE, I PINCH YEW. heart

Benevolent Faun

Busy Bunny
Raei
STAHP BEING SO CUTE, I PINCH YEW. heart

Oh my good and plenty. emotion_kirakira I feel like you should at least take me to dinner first before you start pinching! emotion_awesome emotion_bigheart

Um. Um. Um. ON TOPIC.... on topic... so. Thread killing. Did you used to just go around seeing if you could kill threads or did it just happen to be a talent you didn't know you had?

shy gh0st's Wife

Raei
I'll take ya to Taco Bell. pirate

It was always by accident.
I see giveaways though where they donate to the last poster.. those never end.
I WISH I COULD KILL THOSE. scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces