• Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

right, except i never said they were completely innocent and didn't abuse their powers, i said it wasn't fair that gaia just flat out refused knowing it wasn't their fault the entire fight started, and without telling, they have no idea of the manipulation that occurred, are still really sorry, and gaia still has no mind for that, not even giving them a redemption task of some sort, that's the injustice, that's the bs

you can't base fears on what ifs, every god would have the potential to abuse their abilities, would that mean you'd take away all their powers? it's essentially taking away what they are... second chances, the benefit of a doubt, ever heard of those? there's also "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

zeus abused his powers like crazy in greek mythology, but the people still loved and worshiped him regardless, the overseer and sentinel abused their power fighting over a worm... zeus raped countless women including cousins and sisters... really?

they're sorry, they weren't the reason the fight started and have no idea of this, so it's highly unlikely they would even start fighting again

you also forget that no actual gaians died during the event, we just got some kickass items, and i can understand punishment very well, but the way she's punishing them is injust, considering again that it was never their fault the fight started...

It wasn't their fault. That's the truth. However, their fight started over rumors and an earthworm. If it's that easy to get them fighting, that easy to manipulate them, then they NEED to spend some time as mortals, if for nothing else then to learn how powerfull gods can be to a mortal. They need to see what could happen if they go out of control, as if from the eyes of a mortal. Because if they are given their powers back as they are, then they might not fight right off the bat, but due to their still predictable personalities, they would be far too easy to manipulate. They need to grow back into power, as Gaia said. That way, they will not be as predictable, because they will have had the experience of being mortals. Something they did not have before. As they are now, all Nyx would need to do is plant a carefull word here or there when adressing them, and just like that they are infighting again

this is why i mentioned difficult task/quest? the sentinel was pissed off because they had watched meili die, and something could have been different had they had their powers, i'm not saying they might have saved him... yes i am, i'm saying they might have saved him, and i really liked meili cause he was a tiger and i love tigers, they're f*cking awesome!

but anyway, they're relationship was poisoned before the earthworm fight with whispers and rumors, gaia didn't even bother telling them they had been manipulated or said "not yet, wait a bit longer" or "in due time" but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

she says... "my judgement was fair and final" burning_eyes at first i'm like okay, they abused their powers, we all saw that... then she explains what nyx and the titan did... and i'm like... if it wasn't their fault and "that's the truth", how can their punishment be "fair" as she said... it's not...

you can't give permanent punishments for temporary problems... that's like killing someone for being annoying after having apologized... that's just not right...

and if she wanted to teach them... she would have told them... which she didn't...

That's just it. It's NOT permanant. She says that if they can come upon greatness of their own power,t hey will appreciate it more. I beleive that means that they CAN get their godly powers back, they just have to be READY for them first. Her punishment is 'fair' because they should not have let themselves be so easily manipulated by lies spread by a single titan, and it was 'final' in that SHE would not just make them gods again right then and there. I beleive when she says they will be great people, she is inferring that they WILL be gods again, just not now

that's just a different interpretation of what she said, in which another could argue that she meant for them to stay human, as she tells them that they will live as mortals, and that they will earn greatness and be great "people"

last time i checked, mortal, people do NOT equal god... ever...

final means final, not temporarily... and again she can't teach them how to not be manipulated in not giving their powers BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO IDEA THEY WERE MANIPULATED, they are completely oblivious to that fact, and their supposed to learn how to not be manipulated? when they never even knew it happened? that makes absolutely no sense, and that's why it's not fair... because she won't even tell them

it's like punishing a child for something and not telling it what it did wrong, that counts as child abuse you know, because it would be same as punishing a child for no reason at least in the child's mind...

now of course with this it's not "no reason", it's for the abuse of their powers, but to put it in perspective, let's say you have an older brother, and your brother convinces you to do something "good" for your parents, but this "good" thing is actually really really bad... none the less you do it, your parents get upset, they ground you, your brother then feels bad and comes clean, he gets off with a slap on the wrist, parents realize it's not your fault but your still grounded and you have no idea your brother is an evil mastermind because your parents don't bother to tell you... is that fair? regardless of how long your grounded, your parents (or gaia) still chose to withhold a very important detail (and before you say, "i don't have a brother" or "i'm too smart for that", if you knew how to put yourself in someone else's shoes, you'd understand easily)

it's not that she wants them to learn, it's that she won't tell them that detail, and from the look of actual things not what you "believe", she does NOT plan on giving their powers back... ever...

just because you "believe" or choose to interpret something a certain way, doesn't make it true, like i said before, i hope progress of the manga will answer my questions and fix this injustice...

"the optimist sees the future as uncertain... the pessimist is always right..." i could be wrong, and honestly hope that i am, i want them to get their powers back, but i don't really see gaia being involved, it would probably make a really good event though

You're not listening to me. I JUST said that SHE would not give them their powers back. That much is true. HOWEVER, judging from the way the manga is going, as well as my experiecne with storylines, and what Gaia herself said, they WILL be able to get their powers back ANOTHER way. Most likely through some trial or other. They most likely allready know about the manipulation, because they knew that Nyx had been banished. A god doesn't just get banished for no reason, the reason is likely well known. Just, at the time, they were too busy fighting each other to realize that they should stop.

oh no, i listened... but then not really because i take things at face value... how they actually are and it didn't seem like you read the manga properly...

let's go back and quote what gaia said "my judgement was fair and final, you will live as mortals"... hmmm, no powers, "i gave you greatness and you abused it, both of you, perhaps if you come by greatness honestly you'll show it more appreciation." (i can see from there, you would draw your interpretation, but then she goes on to say), "overseer, you will be a great man, look to edmund for guidance, for he's among the finest of them(...) she may well be a great woman, help her become one"

now with all that, let's analyze, she means for them to become great and influential PEOPLE, still humans, not gods, why else would she mention edmund? she also says, man and woman, she doesn't want them to be gods again, and shows she has no intention of changing her mind or having a behind the scenes plan

if you'll notice the look in her eyes when she flinches because the sentinel mentions meili, you see slight sadness and of course shock, but also doubt in her own decision for what sentinel said, then she sends sentinel away, with this we see stubbornness, the sentinel may very well be right about meili, but gaia would never admit so nor aid them in protecting the other gods, again, no sign is shown that she even wants them to be gods again

again, i think it's plainly obvious they don't know, otherwise we know that the sentinel with her feisty personality would have mentioned it and how unfair her punishment is given it not being their fault, just like she had mentioned meili being dead? you also forget that as soon as their fight started, they were put under lockdown, then nyx and the titan came clean, and received their punishments, lockdown wasn't lifted for a LONG time according to the story

now... let's think, if they were locked away durring this time... could they know? absolutely not... it's likely they know nyx did something but they have no idea what, otherwise again, sentinel would've been more upset, possibly even overseer

if they get their powers back, it will be against what gaia wants unless she miraculously changes her mind, mortal men do NOT rise to gods on their own, this isn't god of war, and even so, kratos was born one and cast out for zeus' fears, then aided to defeat ares and become one

when you look at the actual picture, it's not fair, stop acting like gaia is perfect with hidden intentions for them, there are none...

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

this is why i mentioned difficult task/quest? the sentinel was pissed off because they had watched meili die, and something could have been different had they had their powers, i'm not saying they might have saved him... yes i am, i'm saying they might have saved him, and i really liked meili cause he was a tiger and i love tigers, they're f*cking awesome!

but anyway, they're relationship was poisoned before the earthworm fight with whispers and rumors, gaia didn't even bother telling them they had been manipulated or said "not yet, wait a bit longer" or "in due time" but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

she says... "my judgement was fair and final" burning_eyes at first i'm like okay, they abused their powers, we all saw that... then she explains what nyx and the titan did... and i'm like... if it wasn't their fault and "that's the truth", how can their punishment be "fair" as she said... it's not...

you can't give permanent punishments for temporary problems... that's like killing someone for being annoying after having apologized... that's just not right...

and if she wanted to teach them... she would have told them... which she didn't...

That's just it. It's NOT permanant. She says that if they can come upon greatness of their own power,t hey will appreciate it more. I beleive that means that they CAN get their godly powers back, they just have to be READY for them first. Her punishment is 'fair' because they should not have let themselves be so easily manipulated by lies spread by a single titan, and it was 'final' in that SHE would not just make them gods again right then and there. I beleive when she says they will be great people, she is inferring that they WILL be gods again, just not now

that's just a different interpretation of what she said, in which another could argue that she meant for them to stay human, as she tells them that they will live as mortals, and that they will earn greatness and be great "people"

final means final, not temporarily... and again she can't teach them how to not be manipulated in not giving their powers BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO IDEA THEY WERE MANIPULATED, they are completely oblivious to that fact, and their supposed to learn how to not be manipulated? when they never even knew it happened? that makes absolutely no sense, and that's why it's not fair... because she won't even tell them

it's like punishing a child for something and not telling it what it did wrong, that counts as child abuse you know, because it would be same as punishing a child for no reason at least in the child's mind...

now of course with this it's not "no reason", it's for the abuse of their powers, but to put it in perspective, let's say you have an older brother, and your brother convinces you to do something "good" for your parents, but this "good" thing is actually really really bad... none the less you do it, your parents get upset, they ground you, your brother then feels bad and comes clean, he gets off with a slap on the wrist, parents realize it's not your fault but your still grounded and you have no idea your brother is an evil mastermind because your parents don't bother to tell you... is that fair? regardless of how long your grounded, your parents (or gaia) still chose to withhold a very important detail (and before you say, "i don't have a brother" or "i'm too smart for that", if you knew how to put yourself in someone else's shoes, you'd understand easily)

it's not that she wants them to learn, it's that she won't tell them that detail, and from the look of actual things not what you "believe", she does NOT plan on giving their powers back... ever...

just because you "believe" or choose to interpret something a certain way, doesn't make it true, like i said before, i hope progress of the manga will answer my questions and fix this injustice...

"the optimist sees the future as uncertain... the pessimist is always right..." i could be wrong, and honestly hope that i am, i want them to get their powers back, but i don't really see gaia being involved, it would probably make a really good event though

You're not listening to me. I JUST said that SHE would not give them their powers back. That much is true. HOWEVER, judging from the way the manga is going, as well as my experiecne with storylines, and what Gaia herself said, they WILL be able to get their powers back ANOTHER way. Most likely through some trial or other. They most likely allready know about the manipulation, because they knew that Nyx had been banished. A god doesn't just get banished for no reason, the reason is likely well known. Just, at the time, they were too busy fighting each other to realize that they should stop.

oh no, i listened... but then not really because i take things at face value... how they actually are and it didn't seem like you read the manga properly...

let's go back and quote what gaia said "my judgement was fair and final, you will live as mortals"... hmmm, no powers, "i gave you greatness and you abused it, both of you, perhaps if you come by greatness honestly you'll show it more appreciation." (i can see from there, you would draw your interpretation, but then she goes on to say), "overseer, you will be a great man, look to edmund for guidance, for he's among the finest of them(...) she may well be a great woman, help her become one"

now with all that, let's analyze, she means for them to become great and influential PEOPLE, still humans, not gods, why else would she mention edmund? she also says, man and woman, she doesn't want them to be gods again, and shows she has no intention of changing her mind or having a behind the scenes plan

if you'll notice the look in her eyes when she flinches because the sentinel mentions meili, you see slight sadness and of course shock, but also doubt in her own decision for what sentinel said, then she sends sentinel away, with this we see stubbornness, the sentinel may very well be right about meili, but gaia would never admit so nor aid them in protecting the other gods, again, no sign is shown that she even wants them to be gods again

again, i think it's plainly obvious they don't know, otherwise we know that the sentinel with her feisty personality would have mentioned it and how unfair her punishment is given it not being their fault, just like she had mentioned meili being dead? you also forget that as soon as their fight started, they were put under lockdown, then nyx and the titan came clean, and received their punishments, lockdown wasn't lifted for a LONG time according to the story

now... let's think, if they were locked away durring this time... could they know? absolutely not... it's likely they know nyx did something but they have no idea what, otherwise again, sentinel would've been more upset, possibly even overseer

if they get their powers back, it will be against what gaia wants unless she miraculously changes her mind, mortal men do NOT rise to gods on their own, this isn't god of war, and even so, kratos was born one and cast out for zeus' fears, then aided to defeat ares and become one

when you look at the actual picture, it's not fair, stop acting like gaia is perfect with hidden intentions for them, there are none...

I keep saying GAIA WILL NOT GIVE THEM THEIR POWERS BACK!!! Also, Edmund can harm a vampire. Which is abnormal for a human, as stated. Now, this might have been his sword, or it could be that he himself has a secret. And Gaia, being an all knowing diety, well....all seeing. Clearly not all knowing, but indeed all seeing. She would know that Edmund is something more than human, if he is. Vampires have been called 'men' and 'women' in the past, so i don't simply take those terms to mean mortal. Additionally: I don't think Melie is dead. At least, not permanantly. It doesn't make sense. She said that if Gino dies, so does the ambition of the human race, since that is what the Titan represented. However, Melie represented creation. Life itself. So, if he were to truly die, then we should have seen his own works starting to wither. I beleive that he is either barely alive, but not enough for Gaia to sense him, since she has said that one of ehr sons evaded her sight by being reclusive, or he still lives on, but in some...other form, one that she, again, cannot see. Because if he were truly dead, then the things he created, the things linked to his power, should have started to wither and die. Also, Edmund. In this story arc, we have seen Edmund taking on a new personality. Before, he was the joking gentleman, the man of every womans eye, and a friend of Johnny Gambino's. We have seen that he is a nice man, but with his limits. But now, we see him as a warrior. A swordsman, a stratagist, and an experienced soldier. I don't beleive Edmund to be any simple man. But that's just me. As for facts, here are some: Edmund put a scar on a vampire. Gaia has admitted to being blind to many powerfull things, like Nyx contacting the Kuro Gang, and even her own son. Gaia is a mother who just lost her son, and fears she may lose the other. Now back to theory. I think that when she made her judgement, she was trying to protect her son. She knows that if Overseer and Sentinal got their powers, they might fight. Not against each other, but against Nyx. She is his mother, and no matter what that means she has to love her children. She is frightened. She doesn't want her son to die. She is greif stricken, so add to that her bias due to bloodline, and i think i have found the reason behind her choice: she is a mother. And what mother would willingly, without hesitation, give someone the tools to kill her son? She sees Gino as potential. She has seen his life, and beleives he will be able to find another solution, but she knows that if she gives the other two their godly powers, they will fight Nyx. And there is a chance they might win. And that terrifies her. She allready lot one son, how could she bare to willingly help in killing another? She is scared, so she is, while helping Gino, trying to keep her son alive. It seems fairly obvious that Nyx has ways of keeping his servants hidden from her, otherwise she would have stepped in and stripped that glove off of the vampires hand before her son could die. She is a mother, and she just lost a child. She is stricken with greif. But as a god, as THE god, she cannot afford to show it. Even so, she still acts upon emotion and greif.

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

I keep saying GAIA WILL NOT GIVE THEM THEIR POWERS BACK!!! Also, Edmund can harm a vampire. Which is abnormal for a human, as stated. Now, this might have been his sword, or it could be that he himself has a secret. And Gaia, being an all knowing diety, well....all seeing. Clearly not all knowing, but indeed all seeing. She would know that Edmund is something more than human, if he is. Vampires have been called 'men' and 'women' in the past, so i don't simply take those terms to mean mortal. Additionally: I don't think Melie is dead. At least, not permanantly. It doesn't make sense. She said that if Gino dies, so does the ambition of the human race, since that is what the Titan represented. However, Melie represented creation. Life itself. So, if he were to truly die, then we should have seen his own works starting to wither. I beleive that he is either barely alive, but not enough for Gaia to sense him, since she has said that one of ehr sons evaded her sight by being reclusive, or he still lives on, but in some...other form, one that she, again, cannot see. Because if he were truly dead, then the things he created, the things linked to his power, should have started to wither and die. Also, Edmund. In this story arc, we have seen Edmund taking on a new personality. Before, he was the joking gentleman, the man of every womans eye, and a friend of Johnny Gambino's. We have seen that he is a nice man, but with his limits. But now, we see him as a warrior. A swordsman, a stratagist, and an experienced soldier. I don't beleive Edmund to be any simple man. But that's just me. As for facts, here are some: Edmund put a scar on a vampire. Gaia has admitted to being blind to many powerfull things, like Nyx contacting the Kuro Gang, and even her own son. Gaia is a mother who just lost her son, and fears she may lose the other. Now back to theory. I think that when she made her judgement, she was trying to protect her son. She knows that if Overseer and Sentinal got their powers, they might fight. Not against each other, but against Nyx. She is his mother, and no matter what that means she has to love her children. She is frightened. She doesn't want her son to die. She is greif stricken, so add to that her bias due to bloodline, and i think i have found the reason behind her choice: she is a mother. And what mother would willingly, without hesitation, give someone the tools to kill her son? She sees Gino as potential. She has seen his life, and beleives he will be able to find another solution, but she knows that if she gives the other two their godly powers, they will fight Nyx. And there is a chance they might win. And that terrifies her. She allready lot one son, how could she bare to willingly help in killing another? She is scared, so she is, while helping Gino, trying to keep her son alive. It seems fairly obvious that Nyx has ways of keeping his servants hidden from her, otherwise she would have stepped in and stripped that glove off of the vampires hand before her son could die. She is a mother, and she just lost a child. She is stricken with greif. But as a god, as THE god, she cannot afford to show it. Even so, she still acts upon emotion and greif.

when did i say that she would? i'm saying she doesn't want them to get their powers back period, as provided directly in the text of the manga

your saying she secretly does but not yet and that she won't have a hand in but already knows they'll get their powers back somehow... which is an interpretation of yours...

yes she's a mother, and like any, her parenting skills are flawed, she can't be "all" seeing if she's still blind to somethings, and edmund being able to harm a vampire has nothing to do with her telling the overseer to look to him for guidence...

why is cresento brown? i don't know, why do some people like cucumber better than pickle? i don't know but i like pickles, (see, i can go off on a tangent and express pointless opinions too)

you need to straight up stop making assumptions about the story, because that's what your doing, your taking the possibilities you want to occur and saying that they'll happen straight off the bat, essentially, your making outlandish predictions that you can't really justify, as they are from your interpretations of the story

how bout you just sit back, and just read what they put out, and accept that as the story? it's fun to make predictions but not so much to have others' predictions forced on you, like i said, i HOPE the manga resolves certain issues and questions, but i'm not going to automatically assume it will go the way i want it to just because that's how i want it

i HOPE the overseer and sentinel get their powers back, but in the story it could go either way, it's not our call to make because we're not writing the story

i just calls it how i sees it, gaia is continually punishing them for something that wasn't their fault, they still committed to a problem, but as far as the story goes, it shows they do not know they were manipulated, and that is an injustice in her refusal to offer some form of redemption let alone withhold the information

even if it's only slightly unfair, i catch it, because the slightest injustice leaves me seething with anger and boiling at my core, i can't stand it, no matter how small...

there's also this lovely thing called SEPARATING WRITING INTO PARAGRAPHS

also, just because gaia is "the god" doesn't mean she can't be flawed, or can do no wrong, she's obviously supposed to be the neutral mother earthly wisdom type, that doesn't mean everything she does is absolute gold and must be worshiped, so why are you defending her like she' everything you live for? it's a fictional character, get over it

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

when did i say that she would? i'm saying she doesn't want them to get their powers back period, as provided directly in the text of the manga

your saying she secretly does but not yet and that she won't have a hand in but already knows they'll get their powers back somehow... which is an interpretation of yours...

yes she's a mother, and like any, her parenting skills are flawed, she can't be "all" seeing if she's still blind to somethings, and edmund being able to harm a vampire has nothing to do with her telling the overseer to look to him for guidence...

why is cresento brown? i don't know, why do some people like cucumber better than pickle? i don't know but i like pickles, (see, i can go off on a tangent and express pointless opinions too)

you need to straight up stop making assumptions about the story, because that's what your doing, your taking the possibilities you want to occur and saying that they'll happen straight off the bat, essentially, your making outlandish predictions that you can't really justify, as they are from your interpretations of the story

how bout you just sit back, and just read what they put out, and accept that as the story? it's fun to make predictions but not so much to have others' predictions forced on you, like i said, i HOPE the manga resolves certain issues and questions, but i'm not going to automatically assume it will go the way i want it to just because that's how i want it

i HOPE the overseer and sentinel get their powers back, but in the story it could go either way, it's not our call to make because we're not writing the story

i just calls it how i sees it, gaia is continually punishing them for something that wasn't their fault, they still committed to a problem, but as far as the story goes, it shows they do not know they were manipulated, and that is an injustice in her refusal to offer some form of redemption let alone withhold the information

even if it's only slightly unfair, i catch it, because the slightest injustice leaves me seething with anger and boiling at my core, i can't stand it, no matter how small...

also, just because gaia is "the god" doesn't mean she can't be flawed, or can do no wrong, she's obviously supposed to be the neutral mother earthly wisdom type, that doesn't mean everything she does is absolute gold and must be worshiped, so why are you defending her like she' everything you live for? it's a fictional character, get over it

I'm defending ehr because I cried in the panel where you saw her tears. THe one right after Sentinal had her outburst. THat was when i realized how badly she just wanted to break down. TO be able to mourn the loss of her son. That's why i'm standing up for her. You are mad at injustice done to fictional characters, and i am hurting for Gaia. I stand up for her because she is flawed, and because everyone seems ot be attacking her because of her choice. I am defending her because someone has to protect the woman who just lost her son, and at the indirect hands of another one of her sons, no less. That's why i'm defending her.

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

I'm defending ehr because I cried in the panel where you saw her tears. THe one right after Sentinal had her outburst. THat was when i realized how badly she just wanted to break down. TO be able to mourn the loss of her son. That's why i'm standing up for her. You are mad at injustice done to fictional characters, and i am hurting for Gaia. I stand up for her because she is flawed, and because everyone seems ot be attacking her because of her choice. I am defending her because someone has to protect the woman who just lost her son, and at the indirect hands of another one of her sons, no less. That's why i'm defending her.

then you just say she's flawed, and tell people to move on silly, not say that her choices are right and fair no matter what dramallama

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

then you just say she's flawed, and tell people to move on silly, not say that her choices are right and fair no matter what dramallama

I didn't say they were right, just that i can understand why she made them, and (please correct me here if i'm wrong) I beleive i said that everything else, the theories i were having, wer ejust theories. THoughts and ideas. Potentialities for the manga. I don't expect any of them to happen, i just think it would be cool if it did. Earlier, in another post, i did give my own personal prediction about what might happen, but i still said "I think" i'm not trying to say what's going to happen. I just like to see the potentialities.

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

I didn't say they were right, just that i can understand why she made them, and (please correct me here if i'm wrong) I beleive i said that everything else, the theories i were having, wer ejust theories. THoughts and ideas. Potentialities for the manga. I don't expect any of them to happen, i just think it would be cool if it did. Earlier, in another post, i did give my own personal prediction about what might happen, but i still said "I think" i'm not trying to say what's going to happen. I just like to see the potentialities.

no, you never said they were theories, despite using words like "believe" and "think", your tone and point of emphasis expressed you believed these to be factual outcomes in order to defend your points of view, which according to you, no one else follows since everyone else was "attacking" her as well...

and if that truly is the case, then it just means your blinded by your love for the character, not that your right and everyone else is wrong

and no, no one HAS to defend her, she's a fictional character, you're doing so because you want to, gaiaonline will likely make changes to the character to make her more how they want to possibly fix the injustice as well, or they'll turn her into and completely hate able raging b*tch... up to them after all though that... seems unlikely...

this was their first time introducing her right? so it's likely she's still no where near perfect in the eyes of the writers either, which means we can expect changes in her opinions as well

i also want you to answer this question, and no beating around the bush, no analyze, no "well...", no "it depends", no nothing except a "yes", or a "no"

is it fair to be punished for something that is not your fault?

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

no, you never said they were theories, despite using words like "believe" and "think", your tone and point of emphasis expressed you believed these to be factual outcomes in order to defend your points of view, which according to you, no one else follows since everyone else was "attacking" her as well...

and if that truly is the case, then it just means your blinded by your love for the character, not that your right and everyone else is wrong

and no, no one HAS to defend her, she's a fictional character, you're doing so because you want to, gaiaonline will likely make changes to the character to make her more how they want to possibly fix the injustice as well, or they'll turn her into and completely hate able raging b*tch... up to them after all though that... seems unlikely...

this was their first time introducing her right? so it's likely she's still no where near perfect in the eyes of the writers either, which means we can expect changes in her opinions as well

i also want you to answer this question, and no beating around the bush, no analyze, no "well...", no "it depends", no nothing except a "yes", or a "no"

NO, no it is not. Now, in return, please answer this. Is it right for a mother to willingly give someone the power to kill her son? Yes or no,

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

NO, no it is not. Now, in return, please answer this. Is it right for a mother to willingly give someone the power to kill her son? Yes or no,

then i don't see why you can't understand the injustice when your first words to me were "it wasn't their fault, and that's the truth"

essentially no

but according to gaia yes, isn't that what she gave gino?(well the power to stop him so that she might kill nyx) that was the conversation they had, was it not?

she refused to give power to aid and protect other gods, that was what the sentinel and overseer wanted, but flat out told gino she may have to kill her son, your question has correlation why?

2,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yikes, I think we can at least agree that Gaia had her reasons. Overseer and Sentinel needs to deal with it and get over it for now. If there comes a time to get their powers back, or have a chance time. It has to wait until an opportune moment. Or maybe it won't.

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

then i don't see why you can't understand the injustice when your first words to me were "it wasn't their fault, and that's the truth"

essentially no

but according to gaia yes, isn't that what she gave gino?(well the power to stop him so that she might kill nyx) that was the conversation they had, was it not?

she refused to give power to aid and protect other gods, that was what the sentinel and overseer wanted, but flat out told gino she may have to kill her son, your question has correlation why?

she said that she FEARS she MAY have to kill him. However, from the way she talks to Gino, it seems that she beleives he could have the power, not to kill him, but to stop him. To keep him from causing more pain, maybe even to wear him out enough for her to be able to trap him without having to kill him. From what I am seeing, and this is just a theory, i think that she sees in Gino potential for a win without death

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

essentially no

she said that she FEARS she MAY have to kill him. However, from the way she talks to Gino, it seems that she beleives he could have the power, not to kill him, but to stop him. To keep him from causing more pain, maybe even to wear him out enough for her to be able to trap him without having to kill him. From what I am seeing, and this is just a theory, i think that she sees in Gino potential for a win without death

i didn't say she would either, pay attention maybe?

your question was invalid because it makes no difference whether she gives other gods any powers period if she fears she may have to kill nyx because that means she's willing and able to do it herself, and again, they asked for protection and aid? i.e. defense, not offense as you so implied

it would of made sense if you had asked "is it okay for a mother to give powers to protect her children?" in which case, the answer is yes

she sees gino as a way to defeat him yes, death is a possible punishment for whatever crimes he's going to commit, so it'll ultimately be her decision after they defeat him, she said she was caught off guard locking him away last time (which is downright admitting even she knows she's not perfect) so we'll have to wait and see

are you a theist/religious?

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

essentially no

your question was invalid because it makes no difference whether she gives other gods any powers period if she fears she may have to kill nyx because that means she's willing and able to do it herself, and again, they asked for protection and aid? i.e. defense, not offense as you so implied

it would of made sense if you had asked "is it okay for a mother to give powers to protect her children?" in which case, the answer is yes

she sees gino as a way to defeat him yes, death is a possible punishment for whatever crimes he's going to commit, so it'll ultimately be her decision after they defeat him, she said she was caught off guard locking him away last time (which is downright admitting even she knows she's not perfect) so we'll have to wait and see

She said that HE was caught off gaurd, that's why she was able to lock him away. I know she's not perfect, if she were then she could sap her fingers and BOOM Meili lives, Nyx's heart is softened and the world is happy! Also, Sentinals powers are offensive simply by nature. She was the offensive one, Overseer (need to get used to calling him Marius) was the defensive one. That's where her choice confuses me, since his power was purly defensive...in any case, i would like to trust that as the first god, she should be able to make some kind of correct descision. I know it's unfair, but is it fair that she might have to kill her own son? No. And to answer your question on my religion, HAPPY NEW YEAR~!

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

essentially no

She said that HE was caught off gaurd, that's why she was able to lock him away. I know she's not perfect, if she were then she could sap her fingers and BOOM Meili lives, Nyx's heart is softened and the world is happy! Also, Sentinals powers are offensive simply by nature. She was the offensive one, Overseer (need to get used to calling him Marius) was the defensive one. That's where her choice confuses me, since his power was purly defensive...in any case, i would like to trust that as the first god, she should be able to make some kind of correct descision. I know it's unfair, but is it fair that she might have to kill her own son? No. And to answer your question on my religion, HAPPY NEW YEAR~!

if you knew it was unfair from the start, why didn't you just admit it was, like you just did?

and yes, if gaia were perfect, we wouldn't have a story at all

yes overseer and sentinel's powers are opposite, but you can use offensive for defensive and vise versa, with that it's just a matter of strategy, she also said he could keep the title, so fully it would be "overseer marius" as she called him before hugging him away

you keep putting emphasis on her sons and how it's so unfair she might have to kill nyx, but she said herself "mortals are as much my children as my first five sons" so you should be putting emphasis on the fact that he's killed so many and plans on many more, it's more unfair that she's watched so many of her children die at his hands, and to be fair she has to view him like a criminal because that's what he's become despite being her son, i'm sure the ideal option would be turning him back into a baby once they defeat him though, maybe then she can raise him right

you can say she's not perfect all you want, but your opinions say otherwise in your thoughts and theories, it also seems that you only have sympathy for her rather than any other character as if you worship the ground she walks and everyone else can eat a d*ck... what's the word?... biased i believe...

i have my sympathies for her, but i have my sympathies for the other characters as well, you don't have sympathy for anyone but her stare

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

essentially no

if you knew it was unfair from the start, why didn't you just admit it was, like you just did?

and yes, if gaia were perfect, we wouldn't have a story at all

yes overseer and sentinel's powers are opposite, but you can use offensive for defensive and vise versa, with that it's just a matter of strategy, she also said he could keep the title, so fully it would be "overseer marius" as she called him before hugging him away

you keep putting emphasis on her sons and how it's so unfair she might have to kill nyx, but she said herself "mortals are as much my children as my first five sons" so you should be putting emphasis on the fact that he's killed so many and plans on many more, it's more unfair that she's watched so many of her children die at his hands, and to be fair she has to view him like a criminal because that's what he's become despite being her son, i'm sure the ideal option would be turning him back into a baby once they defeat him though, maybe then she can raise him right

you can say she's not perfect all you want, but your opinions say otherwise in your thoughts and theories, it also seems that you only have sympathy for her rather than any other character as if you worship the ground she walks and everyone else can eat a d*ck... what's the word?... biased i believe...

i have my sympathies for her, but i have my sympathies for the other characters as well, you don't have sympathy for anyone but her stare

I have sympathy for Gino, who lost his father, and for Sentinal, who lost her mind and payed an unfair price for it. I also have sympathy for....crap, what was her name...the Kuro Gangs leaders sister. She is watching her own brother kill himself to try and right a wrong done to them, in his own way. And I have sympathy for him as well, who sees the inustice done to his mother and his clan, and who's judgement has become clouded by the desire for...i'm not sure if 'vengence' is right...power? Yeah, Power seems right. I am defending Gaia here because i like her. I WANT her to be perfect, because everyone is acting like she is THE god, and if even THE god is imperfect, then what hope can there be? I want her to be perfect, yes, and my theories rely on her ability to make the right choices, but i do understand that she's not. It's just....if she is THE god, then why does she have to be SO flawed?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff