Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bookworm 100
I only wish to read more of this 'Nyx' character.
A shame with what happened to Meili, I felt that his character was charming.

Yurochka Z's Waifu

Mythical Bard

21,465 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Member 100
I feel like somewhere, sometime later in the manga, someone is going to stab that palm.

You're not very good at telling if someone's lying, are you Luca?
1 page a week, 40 years from now this plot line will prolly end. I get online once a week and its not even worth it. sad

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
it's... okay... it would've been great except for gaia being a total b*tch!

she KNOWS it's not the overseer's and sentinel's fault they started fighting (remember that tidbit about nyx and the titan poisoning their relationship?) but she still refuses to give them they're powers back, despite them being sorry for the whole fiasco and having NO IDEA about the manipulation in the background?!?! WHAT??!?!?!?!!

seriously... ego trip much, i'm not one for injustice and that right there is one...

also, what make cresento brown if he's an elf like them? and what are the specific's of the "curse" and who or what caused it (other elves which is the assumption, gods, or is it just from them being underground that turned their skin grey? which would explain why cresento is brown i guess) and what ever happened to their mom?

i hope those questions will be answered in the next ones... along with that injustice cause that was just awful, it almost ruined it for me dramallama

2,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Delphiinae

she KNOWS it's not the overseer's and sentinel's fault they started fighting (remember that tidbit about nyx and the titan poisoning their relationship?) but she still refuses to give them they're powers back, despite them being sorry for the whole fiasco and having NO IDEA about the manipulation in the background?!?! WHAT??!?!?!?!!

seriously... ego trip much, i'm not one for injustice and that right there is one...

also, what make cresento brown if he's an elf like them? and what are the specific's of the "curse" and who or what caused it (other elves which is the assumption, gods, or is it just from them being underground that turned their skin grey? which would explain why cresento is brown i guess) and what ever happened to their mom?

i hope those questions will be answered in the next ones... along with that injustice cause that was just awful, it almost ruined it for me dramallama

Despite her decisions for those two to not have their powers back. Although I may agree with you to an extent, at the same time, those two still abused their powers and had many humans fighting each other, and if the Titan despite his asking his powers to be taken away and become mortal by Gaia who did so without hesistation, who would have done it anyway if he hid the truth and she found out and still punished him, what makes you think she would not do the same to those two, knowing full well that if gods abuse their powers even if that happened one time regardless of the circumstances, what could stop them from abusing their powers even further, by every ill intention. I do understand Gaia when she doesn't want to risk giving those two their powers back when one day when they may become so arrogant and ignorant to forget the lessons there are supposed to learn from their consequences of their actions.

And I could take from Sentinel's words, that she really believed that things could be made different if she had her powers back. Even if she got her powers back, could things be as different as she said? What would stop her from going overboard, just to save or avenge a friend, to the point humanity gets screwed by her actions? Same for Overseer. There's no guarentee that things would truly be different, some results are pesistent to stay the same despite interventions. I know that you felt Gaia is BS, and I do have my gripes as well, but would you really take a chance at giving a former god now a mortal person, his or her powers back when he or she could abuse them again, regardless if she was being manipulated or not? And you will now be responsible for whatever action they make that could possibly cause trouble if they do cause it, because you gave them their powers back? That's some regret you'll have right there.

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
leon3241
Delphiinae

Despite her decisions for those two to not have their powers back. Although I may agree with you to an extent, at the same time, those two still abused their powers and had many humans fighting each other, and if the Titan despite his asking his powers to be taken away and become mortal by Gaia who did so without hesistation, who would have done it anyway if he hid the truth and she found out and still punished him, what makes you think she would not do the same to those two, knowing full well that if gods abuse their powers even if that happened one time regardless of the circumstances, what could stop them from abusing their powers even further, by every ill intention. I do understand Gaia when she doesn't want to risk giving those two their powers back when one day when they may become so arrogant and ignorant to forget the lessons there are supposed to learn from their consequences of their actions.

And I could take from Sentinel's words, that she really believed that things could be made different if she had her powers back. Even if she got her powers back, could things be as different as she said? What would stop her from going overboard, just to save or avenge a friend, to the point humanity gets screwed by her actions? Same for Overseer. There's no guarentee that things would truly be different, some results are pesistent to stay the same despite interventions. I know that you felt Gaia is BS, and I do have my gripes as well, but would you really take a chance at giving a former god now a mortal person, his or her powers back when he or she could abuse them again, regardless if she was being manipulated or not? And you will now be responsible for whatever action they make that could possibly cause trouble if they do cause it, because you gave them their powers back? That's some regret you'll have right there.

right, except i never said they were completely innocent and didn't abuse their powers, i said it wasn't fair that gaia just flat out refused knowing it wasn't their fault the entire fight started, and without telling, they have no idea of the manipulation that occurred, are still really sorry, and gaia still has no mind for that, not even giving them a redemption task of some sort, that's the injustice, that's the bs

you can't base fears on what ifs, every god would have the potential to abuse their abilities, would that mean you'd take away all their powers? it's essentially taking away what they are... second chances, the benefit of a doubt, ever heard of those? there's also "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

zeus abused his powers like crazy in greek mythology, but the people still loved and worshiped him regardless, the overseer and sentinel abused their power fighting over a worm... zeus raped countless women including cousins and sisters... really?

they're sorry, they weren't the reason the fight started and have no idea of this, so it's highly unlikely they would even start fighting again

you also forget that no actual gaians died during the event, we just got some kickass items, and i can understand punishment very well, but the way she's punishing them is injust, considering again that it was never their fault the fight started...

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
leon3241
Delphiinae

right, except i never said they were completely innocent and didn't abuse their powers, i said it wasn't fair that gaia just flat out refused knowing it wasn't their fault the entire fight started, and without telling, they have no idea of the manipulation that occurred, are still really sorry, and gaia still has no mind for that, not even giving them a redemption task of some sort, that's the injustice, that's the bs

you can't base fears on what ifs, every god would have the potential to abuse their abilities, would that mean you'd take away all their powers? it's essentially taking away what they are... second chances, the benefit of a doubt, ever heard of those? there's also "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

zeus abused his powers like crazy in greek mythology, but the people still loved and worshiped him regardless, the overseer and sentinel abused their power fighting over a worm... zeus raped countless women including cousins and sisters... really?

they're sorry, they weren't the reason the fight started and have no idea of this, so it's highly unlikely they would even start fighting again

you also forget that no actual gaians died during the event, we just got some kickass items, and i can understand punishment very well, but the way she's punishing them is injust, considering again that it was never their fault the fight started...

It wasn't their fault. That's the truth. However, their fight started over rumors and an earthworm. If it's that easy to get them fighting, that easy to manipulate them, then they NEED to spend some time as mortals, if for nothing else then to learn how powerfull gods can be to a mortal. They need to see what could happen if they go out of control, as if from the eyes of a mortal. Because if they are given their powers back as they are, then they might not fight right off the bat, but due to their still predictable personalities, they would be far too easy to manipulate. They need to grow back into power, as Gaia said. That way, they will not be as predictable, because they will have had the experience of being mortals. Something they did not have before. As they are now, all Nyx would need to do is plant a carefull word here or there when adressing them, and just like that they are infighting again

2,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Delphiinae
leon3241
Delphiinae

I do recall that the Gaians fought, but I never said they killed each other. But what's done is done. I don't know if wha Gaiat decided is truly unjust, and given the things gods and humans do to each others, it hardly matters as there's a couple of similarities between them that some people and gods will hate to admit. As for Sentinel and Marius, As much as your last quote had some truth to it, it doesn't matter at this point anymore, all I know is if those two hadn't done what they did, they wouldn't be in this predicament, and I do agree with that part. You'd think Gaia would find a convenient way to warn them about being manipulated or something along the lines somehow. The least they can do is help Gino prepare to take Nyx on, and probably get some payback for his antics that led to them losing their godhood. Complaining will not get their powers back at all.

*edit* Even if we discussed about this over and over again, it doesn't change the fact that Sentinel and Marius are mortal now, and it is going to dang hard to even get Gaia to reconsider her decision, probably almost impossible. The more I think about the previous events, the more I wonder if Overseer and Sentinel even stopped and thought for a moment about what they were doing when they let themselves believe the stuff Nyx and the Titan had said. You can't just believe something that easily and not ask questions to see if that's the case. I don't know but they shouldn't have let themselves get duped, setting themselves up for a major fall. I get what you're saying and some parts I agree, unfortunately there's not going to be enough time for another shot for those two. Nyx is making his move now.

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
leon3241
Delphiinae
leon3241
Delphiinae

I do recall that the Gaians fought, but I never said they killed each other. But what's done is done. I don't know if wha Gaiat decided is truly unjust, and given the things gods and humans do to each others, it hardly matters as there's a couple of similarities between them that some people and gods will hate to admit. As for Sentinel and Marius, As much as your last quote had some truth to it, it doesn't matter at this point anymore, all I know is if those two hadn't done what they did, they wouldn't be in this predicament, and I do agree with that part. You'd think Gaia would find a convenient way to warn them about being manipulated or something along the lines somehow. The least they can do is help Gino prepare to take Nyx on, and probably get some payback for his antics that led to them losing their godhood. Complaining will not get their powers back at all.

*edit* Even if we discussed about this over and over again, it doesn't change the fact that Sentinel and Marius are mortal now, and it is going to dang hard to even get Gaia to reconsider her decision, probably almost impossible. The more I think about the previous events, the more I wonder if Overseer and Sentinel even stopped and thought for a moment about what they were doing when they let themselves believe the stuff Nyx and the Titan had said. You can't just believe something that easily and not ask questions to see if that's the case. I don't know but they shouldn't have let themselves get duped, setting themselves up for a major fall. I get what you're saying and some parts I agree, unfortunately there's not going to be enough time for another shot for those two. Nyx is making his move now.

you mean like flaws? everyone's got those including gaia

i just really hate even the slightest injustice (the smallest thing leaves me seething to the core), if she had offered some kind of difficult quest at the very least, but no... just no, not even telling them? still not fair (something tells me she could also bring meili back as well... i'm not sure why...)

like i said, i just hope that the questions can be answered as the story progresses (like cresento being brown, i still don't get that if he's supposed to be a dark elf, what really is the curse then? and/or why isn't he affected?) eek

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
leon3241
Delphiinae

It wasn't their fault. That's the truth. However, their fight started over rumors and an earthworm. If it's that easy to get them fighting, that easy to manipulate them, then they NEED to spend some time as mortals, if for nothing else then to learn how powerfull gods can be to a mortal. They need to see what could happen if they go out of control, as if from the eyes of a mortal. Because if they are given their powers back as they are, then they might not fight right off the bat, but due to their still predictable personalities, they would be far too easy to manipulate. They need to grow back into power, as Gaia said. That way, they will not be as predictable, because they will have had the experience of being mortals. Something they did not have before. As they are now, all Nyx would need to do is plant a carefull word here or there when adressing them, and just like that they are infighting again

this is why i mentioned difficult task/quest? the sentinel was pissed off because they had watched meili die, and something could have been different had they had their powers, i'm not saying they might have saved him... yes i am, i'm saying they might have saved him, and i really liked meili cause he was a tiger and i love tigers, they're f*cking awesome!

but anyway, they're relationship was poisoned before the earthworm fight with whispers and rumors, gaia didn't even bother telling them they had been manipulated or said "not yet, wait a bit longer" or "in due time" but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

she says... "my judgement was fair and final" burning_eyes at first i'm like okay, they abused their powers, we all saw that... then she explains what nyx and the titan did... and i'm like... if it wasn't their fault and "that's the truth", how can their punishment be "fair" as she said... it's not...

you can't give permanent punishments for temporary problems... that's like killing someone for being annoying after having apologized... that's just not right...

and if she wanted to teach them... she would have told them... which she didn't...

Jolly Cutesmasher

8,950 Points
  • Novice Attacker 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Relatively clear what will happen: A few "what-ifs" will be going for Nyx, while most people who consider that if Nyx wins everyone dies or something like that join gaia. Of course, it could be that we play games while everything plays out and gaia wins, for reason number 2. As for me, well, if I had 2 accounts I'd do 1 Gaia 1 Nyx. It would be nice to see Nyx as a NPC, Maybe they will do halloween 2k13 (Vengance: Jack vs EB) format again.

Jolly Cutesmasher

8,950 Points
  • Novice Attacker 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
SwordsmanTheGamer
Whip-Happy Prosecutor
SwordsmanTheGamer
Based on what we know about Gino, he has only ever fought when he was merged with his father. Mix this with the fact that he has been a character who does not engage in confrontation until recently, and i have a prediction about what his battle with Nyx would be. He won't FIGHT with the rouge god, instead he will comfort him. He will be kind to him. And since Nyx is doing this due to a sense of betrayal at Gino's ancestor, and at Gaia, I suspect that this might actually work. Potentially. But hey, it's just theory.

So it's going to be anticlimatic? Awwwww crying I suppose every event on Gaia ends up like that

that's not what i'm saying, i'm saying that i THINK it will be a touching end instead of an all out battle. I am almost sure that it will begin as a battle though. But again, that's just a theory. a GAIAN theory! Thanks for reading biggrin

could work. 2k13 winter event.

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
leon3241
Delphiinae

this is why i mentioned difficult task/quest? the sentinel was pissed off because they had watched meili die, and something could have been different had they had their powers, i'm not saying they might have saved him... yes i am, i'm saying they might have saved him, and i really liked meili cause he was a tiger and i love tigers, they're f*cking awesome!

but anyway, they're relationship was poisoned before the earthworm fight with whispers and rumors, gaia didn't even bother telling them they had been manipulated or said "not yet, wait a bit longer" or "in due time" but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

she says... "my judgement was fair and final" burning_eyes at first i'm like okay, they abused their powers, we all saw that... then she explains what nyx and the titan did... and i'm like... if it wasn't their fault and "that's the truth", how can their punishment be "fair" as she said... it's not...

you can't give permanent punishments for temporary problems... that's like killing someone for being annoying after having apologized... that's just not right...

and if she wanted to teach them... she would have told them... which she didn't...

That's just it. It's NOT permanant. She says that if they can come upon greatness of their own power,t hey will appreciate it more. I beleive that means that they CAN get their godly powers back, they just have to be READY for them first. Her punishment is 'fair' because they should not have let themselves be so easily manipulated by lies spread by a single titan, and it was 'final' in that SHE would not just make them gods again right then and there. I beleive when she says they will be great people, she is inferring that they WILL be gods again, just not now

Feral Genius

13,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
leon3241
Delphiinae

That's just it. It's NOT permanant. She says that if they can come upon greatness of their own power,t hey will appreciate it more. I beleive that means that they CAN get their godly powers back, they just have to be READY for them first. Her punishment is 'fair' because they should not have let themselves be so easily manipulated by lies spread by a single titan, and it was 'final' in that SHE would not just make them gods again right then and there. I beleive when she says they will be great people, she is inferring that they WILL be gods again, just not now

that's just a different interpretation of what she said, in which another could argue that she meant for them to stay human, as she tells them that they will live as mortals, and that they will earn greatness and be great "people"

last time i checked, mortal, people do NOT equal god... ever...

final means final, not temporarily... and again she can't teach them how to not be manipulated in not giving their powers BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO IDEA THEY WERE MANIPULATED, they are completely oblivious to that fact, and their supposed to learn how to not be manipulated? when they never even knew it happened? that makes absolutely no sense, and that's why it's not fair... because she won't even tell them

it's like punishing a child for something and not telling it what it did wrong, that counts as child abuse you know, because it would be same as punishing a child for no reason at least in the child's mind...

now of course with this it's not "no reason", it's for the abuse of their powers, but to put it in perspective, let's say you have an older brother, and your brother convinces you to do something "good" for your parents, but this "good" thing is actually really really bad... none the less you do it, your parents get upset, they ground you, your brother then feels bad and comes clean, he gets off with a slap on the wrist, parents realize it's not your fault but your still grounded and you have no idea your brother is an evil mastermind because your parents don't bother to tell you... is that fair? regardless of how long your grounded, your parents (or gaia) still chose to withhold a very important detail (and before you say, "i don't have a brother" or "i'm too smart for that", if you knew how to put yourself in someone else's shoes, you'd understand easily)

it's not that she wants them to learn, it's that she won't tell them that detail, and from the look of actual things not what you "believe", she does NOT plan on giving their powers back... ever...

just because you "believe" or choose to interpret something a certain way, doesn't make it true, like i said before, i hope progress of the manga will answer my questions and fix this injustice...

"the optimist sees the future as uncertain... the pessimist is always right..." i could be wrong, and honestly hope that i am, i want them to get their powers back, but i don't really see gaia being involved, it would probably make a really good event though

Friendly Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Storing Energy 50
  • The Key to Victory 50
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae
SwordsmanTheGamer
Delphiinae

that's just a different interpretation of what she said, in which another could argue that she meant for them to stay human, as she tells them that they will live as mortals, and that they will earn greatness and be great "people"

last time i checked, mortal, people do NOT equal god... ever...

final means final, not temporarily... and again she can't teach them how to not be manipulated in not giving their powers BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO IDEA THEY WERE MANIPULATED, they are completely oblivious to that fact, and their supposed to learn how to not be manipulated? when they never even knew it happened? that makes absolutely no sense, and that's why it's not fair... because she won't even tell them

it's like punishing a child for something and not telling it what it did wrong, that counts as child abuse you know, because it would be same as punishing a child for no reason at least in the child's mind...

now of course with this it's not "no reason", it's for the abuse of their powers, but to put it in perspective, let's say you have an older brother, and your brother convinces you to do something "good" for your parents, but this "good" thing is actually really really bad... none the less you do it, your parents get upset, they ground you, your brother then feels bad and comes clean, he gets off with a slap on the wrist, parents realize it's not your fault but your still grounded and you have no idea your brother is an evil mastermind because your parents don't bother to tell you... is that fair? regardless of how long your grounded, your parents (or gaia) still chose to withhold a very important detail (and before you say, "i don't have a brother" or "i'm too smart for that", if you knew how to put yourself in someone else's shoes, you'd understand easily)

it's not that she wants them to learn, it's that she won't tell them that detail, and from the look of actual things not what you "believe", she does NOT plan on giving their powers back... ever...

just because you "believe" or choose to interpret something a certain way, doesn't make it true, like i said before, i hope progress of the manga will answer my questions and fix this injustice...

"the optimist sees the future as uncertain... the pessimist is always right..." i could be wrong, and honestly hope that i am, i want them to get their powers back, but i don't really see gaia being involved, it would probably make a really good event though

You're not listening to me. I JUST said that SHE would not give them their powers back. That much is true. HOWEVER, judging from the way the manga is going, as well as my experiecne with storylines, and what Gaia herself said, they WILL be able to get their powers back ANOTHER way. Most likely through some trial or other. They most likely allready know about the manipulation, because they knew that Nyx had been banished. A god doesn't just get banished for no reason, the reason is likely well known. Just, at the time, they were too busy fighting each other to realize that they should stop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff