Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

I'm sure you know these thread titles well, GCD. Whether it is in this forum or SF, we see them on occasion, more than we think. Sometimes, it's because of trolls, other times because the OP can't take people typing up their opinion and posting it. We see pages and pages of responses between people who may agree or disagree with the OP.

And there are times where the only people who have posted only offered their opinions in a polite way and the OP goes off on a tangent because the poster does not agree with them. And it just goes down the drain from there, spiraling into a huge argument while one person keeps calm as the other rages.

And even though the poster keeps their calm, the OP decides to shut down the thread because of one person when they weren't even being rude at all. So GCD, spoons:

gaia_spoons What do you think of threads when this happens?
gaia_spoons If you've experienced this, what did you think of the whole shebang?
gaia_spoons Do you ever go to the recycled thread if it's been moved?
gaia_spoons Do you white knight for the OP or the poor person being attacked?
gaia_spoons How many laughs do you get out of the thread?
gaia_spoons Do you read every post and then make your own point or do you just skim?

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
their defense mechanisms kick in after being thrust into the reality of their situation.

they shut down and shut out.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Cecilia Davidson
their defense mechanisms kick in after being thrust into the reality of their situation.

But you always have that one who just keeps going like the Energizer Bunny.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Lapsis Stella
Cecilia Davidson

But you always have that one who just keeps going like the Energizer Bunny.
hence the shut down and shut out. they will scream to drown out the noise.

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oh when I enter the thread that has already been closed I'm like...WHAT HAPPENED?! Why didn't anyone quote the OP before they deleted their post!

Maybe I'm noisy but I really want to understand what the OP had to say before they felt so defeated.
But once they close the threads I don't post in them, I just move them.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
We're all here to essentially waste time, so if you're having fun in a non-tos breaking way you are good to go and type type type as much as you want. biggrin

i will go on and on and on with someone until they stop because i am pretty much here to build kipple like everyone else. it's kind of magical how much it just builds and builds and builds.

Perfect Pumpkin

Existential Existence
We're all here to essentially waste time, so if you're having fun in a non-tos breaking way you are good to go and type type type as much as you want. biggrin

i will go on and on and on with someone until they stop because i am pretty much here to build kipple like everyone else. it's kind of magical how much it just builds and builds and builds.
It's the best.. egging people on while not doing anything wrong.
Usually when I see 'closed/done', I still peak in there anyway to be nosey. XD

And I don't think it's always the OP causing trouble though. sometimes posters can be rude, too.
I always forget about dat recycle bin..

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
J 4 C K
Existential Existence

By then they start telling you you sound like a broken record, but you don't care cool 'cause you keep making your points and they keep quoting you with the same counter points and you keep responding to them with the same ideas and they keep responding to you with the same ideas and then somewhere in there someone gets bored and eventually stops OR they go crazy on you and start to break tos...then it gets spicy!
woohoo!!!

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oh when I enter the thread that has already been closed I'm like...WHAT HAPPENED?! Why didn't anyone quote the OP before they deleted their post!

Maybe I'm noisy but I really want to understand what the OP had to say before they felt so defeated.
But once they close the threads I don't post in them, I just move them.

Oh I know! When I see a locked thread, I'm like why? And go snooping because I'm curious and no one has quoted the OP. I'M LIKE NOOOO I HAS TO KNOW!

Magic Seeker

14,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I've closed many threads in forums due to trolling.People just being generally rude.
...but yeah, sometimes the OP can jump the gun, but usually its just people flaming.

Perfect Pumpkin

Existential Existence
J 4 C K
Existential Existence

By then they start telling you you sound like a broken record, but you don't care cool 'cause you keep making your points and they keep quoting you with the same counter points and you keep responding to them with the same ideas and they keep responding to you with the same ideas and then somewhere in there someone gets bored and eventually stops OR they go crazy on you and start to break tos...then it gets spicy!
woohoo!!!
If I ever have to stop I either have to get back to work or I have friends over.

In the case of closed threads, I pop in to see what was said, but I'll not make any new posts.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Existential Existence

Oh yes! I just find it funny you polite as all get out and yet you're accused of being a bully. lol

I never have the nerve to go on and on, I feel as though I might be reported and while I wouldn't be doing anything against the ToS, it still feels odd.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It's funny because that always draws more hate, plus it makes you look like pansy.

It's better to just quietly leave and never look back

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Your Blushing Paladin
It's funny because that always draws more hate, plus it makes you look like pansy.

It's better to just quietly leave and never look back

Ninja vanish!

Sorry, had to do that. I couldn't resist. Some people are smart enough to leave while others aren't.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff