Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wild-Haired Gatekeeper

I hate it when I fall in love with an item and then it sits in my inventory unused because it can't match with anything I have.

Guh.

That's why I just put it on my wishlist and visit the marketplace to try it on a few times, and then hope that I grow out of wanting it ever again.

Ladykiller

Rosasharn
Soporose
Le Carousel. gonk THAT BLUE....

I actually had an avatar that in which I used two Le Carousels, I matched it with the shirt from Sunset Harvest. The problem is that it comes with a horrible orange time, but I eventually covered it up. stressed
I also used the blue Stiletto boots.

Yeah Sunset Harvest was the closest thing I could find to that shade of blue and in the end I wasn't satisfied with the results. scream SO CLOSE BUT THAT ORANGE. Perhaps I'll try again with those boots you mentioned.

Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Hive Mind 200
Soporose
Rosasharn
Soporose
Le Carousel. gonk THAT BLUE....

I actually had an avatar that in which I used two Le Carousels, I matched it with the shirt from Sunset Harvest. The problem is that it comes with a horrible orange time, but I eventually covered it up. stressed
I also used the blue Stiletto boots.

Yeah Sunset Harvest was the closest thing I could find to that shade of blue and in the end I wasn't satisfied with the results. scream SO CLOSE BUT THAT ORANGE. Perhaps I'll try again with those boots you mentioned.

I covered it up with Equestrianism Fashion, but you could try with a high-reaching corset and then maybe put on a Serafuku tie or something. smile

Anxious Borg

19,300 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
        I usually don't bother with matching the exact shade, in fact I find it almost annoying if I do. I like to think of it as using a color pallet so I can be more liberal with the shades. As long as the colors look good together I'm happy.
        However Dante's Divine Verdict rots away in my inventory because of the purple in several poses.

Brainy Man-Lover

Slick Southpaw
meep12345
This, this is why Tektek exists cat_stressed
hurrhurr Tektek hates brown people. Very few of the items involving face mods like eyes n' scruff rarely work
emo So when I do put avatars together on there, I generally leave some of the stuff off because it just looks so damn weird. Mildly irritating, but I'll survive. [or I do a lighter skin tone and am mildly off put because it's not mah avatar]

But I do the same thing if I get a random compulsion to slightly match with doin an avi and checkin the layerin on Gaia. Most of the time it involves a theme or a scene/emotion I had in mind.
User Image

See, unlike the OP, you're at a much more advanced stage in the avi development process, because you know the main hindrance you're faced with: Items are not always non-white friendly cat_xp
My advice would be the second step I mentioned to the OP, which is going to the AT (and the Dressing Room) for solutions to any problems you encounter... But... Alas, I do think you'll still end up getting the short end of the stick cat_sweatdrop

Honestly, with how long the basic skin tones have been around (like since the beginning), you'd think Gaia items would be, well, useable regardless of skin tone (then again, we don't have a non-white vampire skin either too... cat_stare )?

Greedy Grabber

Soporose
The Green Grapist

This blue? emotion_dowant

It took me a while to bring it all together. I have the hardest time matching some of the Seracilla Pendant items with others.

eek YOUR AVATAR. I WANT.

And while we're on the topic, what is that criss cross-y mask thing you're wearing? emotion_kirakira It's lovely~

Oh thanks!

It's the Libra Justice Blindfold from Zodiacal ;D

Toothsome Lunatic

11,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
This coat.

I want a fancy hat that isn't from THE SAME ITEM to match it. No dice, yo!

Witty Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
My buny slippers... There are like 3 items on all f Gaia that match it exactly in color and they all suck.

Do I let this detour me? NO! emotion_dowant emotion_donotwant

Devout Gaian

The bow from the Luck o' the Garnish is absolutely impossible to match up to another item in colour.
When that tends to happen, I just find colours of the same sort of area on the colour circle to compliment it. Such as bright green would be nice with a bight yellow and bright navy blue.
Also, since that bow is so massive, it's hard to get other colors in with it! xD

Malevolent Wolf

19,300 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
): I can't seem to to match anything with the gothic passion coat. Which is sad because it's a lovely shade and nicely well made... but we lack items that is that color of purple. ._.

Humorist

Not true. Custom cut matches with almost every single avatar I make and a lot of times I can't make an avatar w/o my custom cut. heart

Mega Noob

Thus why I stick to things that work. Or else I end up buying multiples of an item that doesn't match so it can match itself.

Which leads to hoarding. Which I am trying to prevent myself from doing. emotion_donotwant

Omnipresent Glitch

14,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Slick Southpaw
nubhorns
Slick Southpaw
emotion_awesome

This is why I stopped wearing clothes.

Well not all of us can go gallivanting around naked! Someone has to set an example for the children, you know.

>:[
dramallama

I go nude as dude avi too, and with awesome chest hair to boot.

PG-13 site can surely handle o' bit of mythological underboob.

i totally see n****e ninja

Magic Member

Random Acts of Awesome
Slick Southpaw
nubhorns
Slick Southpaw
emotion_awesome

Well not all of us can go gallivanting around naked! Someone has to set an example for the children, you know.

dramallama

ninja

no idea what you are talking about must be yer imagination. Its just a strategically shaded portion that makes you think you're seeing what you think it is. dramallama

Omnipresent Glitch

14,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Slick Southpaw
Random Acts of Awesome
Slick Southpaw
nubhorns
Slick Southpaw
emotion_awesome

dramallama

ninja

no idea what you are talking about must be yer imagination. Its just a strategically shaded portion that makes you think you're seeing what you think it is. dramallama

*puts on over-sized, coke-bottle glasses*

quite right
dramallama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces