Welcome to Gaia! ::

Slick Southpaw
nubhorns
Slick Southpaw
emotion_awesome

This is why I stopped wearing clothes.

Well not all of us can go gallivanting around naked! Someone has to set an example for the children, you know.

>:[
dramallama

I go nude as dude avi too, and with awesome chest hair to boot.

PG-13 site can surely handle o' bit of mythological underboob.

No way, it burns my sensitive eyes.

It's why I wear these glasses. To lessen the sting.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

nubhorns
Slick Southpaw
nubhorns
Slick Southpaw
emotion_awesome

This is why I stopped wearing clothes.

Well not all of us can go gallivanting around naked! Someone has to set an example for the children, you know.

>:[
dramallama

I go nude as dude avi too, and with awesome chest hair to boot.

PG-13 site can surely handle o' bit of mythological underboob.

No way, it burns my sensitive eyes.

It's why I wear these glasses. To lessen the sting.

You should see a doctor fer those delicate eyes.

I mean, really, I save a lot in the matchy matchy department because my primary concern is how it will layer and whether or not it will un-equip my snake and my awesome legsss more so than dabbling in shades.
Slick Southpaw
You should see a doctor fer those delicate eyes.

I mean, really, I save a lot in the matchy matchy department because my primary concern is how it will layer and whether or not it will un-equip my snake and my awesome legsss more so than dabbling in shades.

But yeah, I get that. It does make things simpler and you also don't have to worry about pants. It's so hard to find good pants sometimes. All these years and these are still one of the only pairs of pants that I actually really like.

On the topic of the thread, I tend to just deal with something if it's off in terms of shade UNLESS it's that blue/black shade that the old hairstyles tend to have. I tried it back in the day and...

User Image

as you can see it looked kind of awful. Sad, I really liked that hairstyle.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

nubhorns

But yeah, I get that. It does make things simpler and you also don't have to worry about pants. It's so hard to find good pants sometimes. All these years and these are still one of the only pairs of pants that I actually really like.

On the topic of the thread, I tend to just deal with something if it's off in terms of shade UNLESS it's that blue/black shade that the old hairstyles tend to have. I tried it back in the day and...

User Image

as you can see it looked kind of awful. Sad, I really liked that hairstyle.

Holy cow, I cannot believe how difficult it is to get a good set of pants and shoes. I keep on forgetting because I've been a faun for so long.
*looks at abandoned shoes tab*

Awesome shade is awesome, I agree. Closest to that color I've even remotely liked is the wig from the Prince of Thieves item that I wear regularly as a dude. And it's cos I like the look, not that I care about matching.

Well maybe aside from body hair xd The beard from Gary's EI is a bit too weird looking and unequips my cowboy scruff+king's goatee combo.

Slick Southpaw
Holy cow, I cannot believe how difficult it is to get a good set of pants and shoes. I keep on forgetting because I've been a faun for so long.

Awesome shade is awesome, I agree. Closest to that color I've even remotely liked is the wig from the Prince of Thieves item that I wear regularly as a dude. And it's cos I like the look, not that I care about matching.

Well maybe aside from body hair xd The beard from Gary's EI is a bit too weird looking and unequips my cowboy scruff+king's goatee combo.

Holy... that beard is GREAT. I think I know what my first returning mini-quest is gonna be.

Oh, and once again on the topic of the thread. I hate how it's pretty much impossible to wear body dyes and the things like the Cowboy Stubble (which I love) at the same time, since the stubble has a fleshy undertone that ruins the face (for me). It's just barely noticeable but... jeez, it grinds my gears!

Otherwise the stubble would be the most perfect item ever forever.

Team Diedrich

Gaia has a lot of nice purple items, but most of them seem to have their own unique shade! gonk Some of the newer ones match, but most of my favorites don't.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

nubhorns
Slick Southpaw

Holy... that beard is GREAT. I think I know what my first returning mini-quest is gonna be.

Oh, and once again on the topic of the thread. I hate how it's pretty much impossible to wear body dyes and the things like the Cowboy Stubble (which I love) at the same time, since the stubble has a fleshy undertone that ruins the face (for me). It's just barely noticeable but... jeez, it grinds my gears!

Otherwise the stubble would be the most perfect item ever forever.

It's ******** amazing.
But I'm grateful that the Cowboy Stubble is something that layers so nicely with dark tones...I don't really use body dyes but the fact that it works with the darker shades is fine by me. No extra white pixel issues here!
User Image

Stellar Succubus

I love a lot of the new items out on Gaia. Totally different colours.

Makes me think much more laterally about avatars.

I am very over the a**l retentive every colour having to be precisely the same.
Slick Southpaw
It's ******** amazing.
But I'm grateful that the Cowboy Stubble is something that layers so nicely with dark tones...I don't really use body dyes but the fact that it works with the darker shades is fine by me. No extra white pixel issues here!

Oh jeez, that does look really good (the stubble/goatee combo i mean). And even though the shade of the hair is odd it doesn't detract. Good choice, good choice. And I do like that it layers well with dark tones, I did used to use it a lot when I'd actually take my dye off. (And now that I don't have it, I'll be using it for a while hahah)

Whoops. I feel like this is a thread derailment juuuuuuuust a tad. Sorry, OP, heh.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

SD Plus Rainbow Lisa. I bought it for the hair, then realised the hair was almost unusable except for in the specific TekTek I'd put together. emotion_donotwant

Sometimes I resell the item if this happens, and at other times I just run with it. There are also other things that you can do with avatars besides from religious colour matching. Going for a theme, or contrasts, or shape of items can work too. Or sometimes I just say 'I don't care' and equip the item even if it looks silly because I like it so much.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Tiny Wildcat

Not everything needs to perfectly match all the time. I like themes. 3nodding I know many people would disagree though.

Nerd

And that's why you can also make theme or style avatars~

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Unholy Lightbringer

40,590 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
User Image
This, this is why Tektek exists cat_stressed

Has this happened to anyone else?

Honestly, only with items I had that eventually became something else, like EIs/rEIs/etc... Basically, items beyond my control cat_xp
...With Custom Cut, if it were a case of not having the rEI while it was "evolving", I would have, before buying, Tektek the hell out of it with what I already owned and then I would have taken any creations I like to the AT to confirm layering (this is an important step, since a lot of people forget Tektek doesn't layer correctly...) before making any major purchases (with today's MP prices, making sure what you buy is useable is very, very important) cat_3nodding

What items do you absolutely love and yet can hardly find anything to match it with?

G_D(dess), there are so many items like this on Gaia... cat_stressed
Seriously, most of the time, its a sheer fluke that I get things to match (sort of like my current outfit)... cat_xp
I'm slowly trying to get out of the matching phase I've been perma-stuck in.
neutral
See?
My hair doesn't match.
I just feel like I miss out on getting some items because they don't go with anything I own... I mean, I just don't want them to rot in there D:

Like those Shadow Dancing Princess shoes.
I really like those...
But they'll just sit there.. looking pretty.

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
The octopii wig. gonk I love its shape, but it matches with absolutely nothing. I mean, I'm not a particularly matchy person to begin with, but I like to have at least two items of a particular color on an avi.

Actually, maybe it's not that it doesn't match anything and more that I don't like/don't want to use any of the items that it does match. Like, gregory matches almost perfectly by that defeats the purpose of the wig. We need more variety in green items. emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff