Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you ever sent a "thanks for purchasing" message?

Yes. 0.25 25.0% [ 48 ]
No. 0.75 75.0% [ 144 ]
Total Votes:[ 192 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Unless there's more to the profile comment, I tend to just delete the "Thank you for buying" message. I sometimes turn off profile comments or set it to friends only when I'm buying plenty of items at a given time. I used to get them all the time, so I suppose it's just exhausting whenever I saw one. Especially when I don't know what in the world I bought from the user. Why am I being thanked? sweatdrop

Lonely Lunatic

Do you send "thank you" messages? If so, why? If not, why not?

Not really, I don't find them necessary, unless I made the sale of my life.

Have you ever gotten a "thank you" message?

A couple of times, mostly in my profile.

How do you feel when you receive a "thank you" message?

Kinda like a mini-achievement, because I know how the other person feels, I've been in those shoes a lot of times.

Are there different kinds of "thank you" messages?

Hm.. It could go from a simple thank you to a chinawall text. Besides that, I don't know?

Do you prefer comments or PM if you had to receive them?

A PM, I find it more comfortable.

Why do you think people send these kinds of messages? Is there a specific, underlying, motivation?

It's simply to show a sign of affect, perhaps boosting his/her confidence as a merchant for further sales, thus, gaining a little more motivation.

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
I don't send them... but if I get one, I don't spiral into a blinding rage either. They're a nice thought... but completely unnecessary since I'd say 99.9% of Gaians buy based off whatever the lowest price is and not to any loyalty to a certain user's store.

Feline Bookworm

I don't send these types of messages out myself but I don't see any harm in them.
They are mildly annoying at their worst. I generally ignore them and carry on with my life.

Demonic Punk

No I don't, because I personally think that my thank you is in the price I set in the item.

I have gotten them.

Indifferent towards those who send it.

Not really, a thank you pm is a thank you pm and to be blunt, no matter the worth it's a thank you.

Comments, since I mostly just read and then ignore the post.

Why do you think people send these kinds of messages? Is there a specific, underlying, motivation?

Because maybe just maybe, the thank you is because you are funding a quest, because that purchase was the last thing needed to buy that new limited CI that is overpriced on the MP.

Big Duck

- Nope. I don't want to waste my time sending somebody a PM or comment thanking them if they're one of those people who hates/deletes/ignores them. I don't need an unkind gesture in return for my kind gesture.

- Yep.

- Good, sometimes uplifted depending on what they say. It's a sweet thing to do. It also makes me feel like less of a hermit whenever I get those messages.

- Probably. I imagine some go into more detail with their appreciation.

- Comments I suppose.

- Maybe a social nicety, or they're just a friendly person.

Shopkeep Storyteller

26,775 Points
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Nope, I don't consider it a necessary thing to spend my time on.
Plenty.
I feel.. thanked? I mean I'm grateful for the message, but I don't have second thoughts on it. When a waiter at a restaurant thanks you and wishes you a good day, you don't really think anything of it.
I'm sure there are messages that actually mean it and messages that are simply courtesy.
I don't care.
90% of the time there isn't an underlying motive. Like I said before, when the cashier at Target thanks me or wishes me a good day, they're simply being a friendly person. Is it so strange or bad to be friendly and nice?

Star

I don't because I never really look at who bought my things. 3:

I've received a couple here and there.

I do my usual jig for when I get a compliment and praise the sun. It's nice so I feel nice inside, even if it's just really all business.

I'm not sure what this means. Like longer thank you messages? Probably. I wouldn't expect someone to write a wall of text praising you as if you just cured a disease or something.

No opinion, hehe.

I'd like to think there's not a secret motive like "maybe if I thank them they'll buy more of my stuff." It's just being polite. I always say have a nice day to the cashier or waitress/waiter when I leave, so it's like that.

Trash Vampire

i dont send them, i don't really care enough to...
its not like they're doing me a kindness, they just want a thing and i had the lowest price

Questionable Streaker

Once in awhile, depending on the situation. I wont send one just because someone bought an item from my store. I'll do so when I receive a random present.

Yes.

Pretty good. Especially if its someone sending thanks for receiving my art.

Yep. The "obligatory", the "OMG I LOVE YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH ASDFGHKL;" and the "Im only here to say thanks and clog up your comments. xD"

Doesnt matter to me.

If you're like me, whenever someone does something super nice for you, you'll immediately want to send your thanks. Common courtesy you know?

Invisible Spark

No because, it might be a bother to them.

I have on my profile but rarely as a PM.

Well I don't mind thank you messages from buying a item from someone's store.
I'm also fine if I don't as well. 3nodding I think it's nice if I do though.

Tips could be another way of saying thank you. If you didn't want to quote a person.
I just leave the thank you message in my store since I feel that it's enough.

Most likely comments if it's a thank you from buying an item.
I don't get PM's as often but I don't bother to delete messages right away.

Maybe so you can go back to their store through their profile. Sometimes I find it handy.
Or they're just being nice.

Wheezing Elder

22,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Survivor 150
I used to when I was new because it felt so good to have someone choose to buy from my store, then I realized that they weren't actually choosing me on purpose, I just happened to have the lowest price. So, I stopped. Besides after being on the receiving end of it a few times, I realize that it must be pretty annoying if you purchase things on the marketplace often.

Shameless Strawberry

29,040 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I feel mildly awkward any time I get a thank you for purchasing comment.
I mean, I wasn't doing them a favour or anything, I just happened to want what they're selling, so I bought it.
I don't really feel like I've done anything that merits a thanks in this situation.

Shadowy Cultist

i don't send them and i don't like getting them (for just shopping. donations/art are entirely different)
                  i actually disabled PMs for a while because my inbox was getting clogged up

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

- Nope. I know a lot of times people don't care for them, and a lot of times I'll fill my store up and vanish for a few days and return to a lot of things selling. Not fun sending thank yous with that cool down time

- Yea, just got one the other day

- I don't mind it, makes me happy they got their item sold

- "Thank you for buying from my store" "I appreciate you buying" "Come again" ect

- Comments I guess

- To show they appreciate it. I've noticed it's usually newer looking users who do it in my case, so it's just their way of showing their thanks for someone helping them

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff