No. 0.19444444444444 19.4% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I have to say this whole event was the most engaged I've been in Gaia in a while, I tend to come and go, but this event made me feel a sense of community I haven't felt from Gaia in a while.

I love the item, I love this site, and I love you guys for helping me work through this.

What do you guys think, did you love this event? What about the item? Was it frustrating, fun, or were you just waiting it out for the answer?

EDIT:

I just wanted to add that I am so baffled by all the people complaining about the new item. It was a nice gesture on the part of one of the gaia staff to share a free item she made with all of us - she didn't do it to force some fandom down your throught, it was item produced on her own time and efforts that was completely optional, both for her to produce, and you to obtain. (That's right, news flash: No one required you to get the item!)

I don't know why people seem to feel so entitled that they criticize a free item and event done on an artist's own efforts.

You didn't get "stuck" (not that you could be stuck with something you didn't have to get in the first place) with some item just because it's reapersun's fandom, you were given (as in a gift, that she was under no obligation to give you) because reapersun spent the time and effort to produce a free item and event for all of us on that day.

If you had to pay, if it occupied a major (or even real holiday, if it came at the expense of something else, or in any way prevented the production of something else I could understand the complaints, but it didn't so there is absolutely no reason to complain about the item.

Sparkly Vampire

可愛いです
═════════════════════

Agreed much thanks! heart

User Image
═════════════════════

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Damn my work. Yes damn it to hell. I just logged on maybe 10 mins ago and looking at all the threads here it makes me feel like I missed something, some big important mind blowing event. I know I did not but yet knowing I cannot b***h and complain over the item that was a struggle to figure out...well I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

User Image

Amorous Fatcat

6,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I had such a fun time- I recently reactivated my account and felt really spoilt by the fun valentines/anniversary event activities, but this was awesome fun and reminded me why I like Gaia so much! It's always brilliant to solve puzzles with other Gaians- I felt a bit like Sherlock myself!

...it also gave me a chance to get across my superfan tendencies in avatar form!

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Damn my work. Yes damn it to hell. I just logged on maybe 10 mins ago and looking at all the threads here it makes me feel like I missed something, some big important mind blowing event. I know I did not but yet knowing I cannot b***h and complain over the item that was a struggle to figure out...well I'm kinda sad.
God, I don't even know how long ago it was, but I remember the big Easter event with the little ticking egg clock things, and everyone hung around all day trying to figure it out. (In the end the item was kind of a let down because it just exploded) but I still loved the whole thing because I got to talk to so many people and we all got to feel like a part of something important.

You should definitely try and catch the next one, it's a lot of fun getting to work with your fellow gaians in a community effort.

Tiny Pumpkin

That was mega fun. mrgreen

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
Mixed feelings on my part, mostly due to time.

Started out with excitement, then studiousness, then I turned off gaia for a few hours. I came back on, became anxious, desperate, in despair, and then excitement again, and relief. But overall that was pretty exciting. I don't know who got to the grant key first but I want to bear hug them, extra firm.

I think that about sums it. Oh, and I felt extra cool finding out the extra pose with the hat... sweatdrop
Not saying I discovered it first or anything...but I did post about it soon after...

Tipsy Exhibitionist

17,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
The event was VERY frustrating, but also fun! I also thought it was a great community builder....and on top of all of that I LOVE everything Sherlock Holmes.

It's a winner! emotion_c8

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
daydreamer_girl
Mixed feelings on my part, mostly due to time.

Started out with excitement, then studiousness, then I turned off gaia for a few hours. I came back on, became anxious, desperate, in despair, and then excitement again, and relief. But overall that was pretty exciting. I don't know who got to the grant key first but I want to bear hug them, extra firm.

I think that about sums it. Oh, and I felt extra cool finding out the extra pose with the hat... sweatdrop
Not saying I discovered it first or anything...but I did post about it soon after...
That's how all the ones I've been involved in have gone, but that's what makes it so great, it's amazing how much Gaia really makes you care, and in the end it makes the reward feel that much sweeter.

Tricky Cat

Seriously, this one puzzle was better than the gaia-versary event.

Most engaging thing, I actually brought the puzzle with me on the buss to figure out.

Desirable Genius

15,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
Hear, hear!

I have honestly barely posted outside a specific guild in dog's years. I'm usually too busy on tumblr, haha.

So it was really nice to have this fandom overlap, and to feel genuinely excited about something on Gaia again.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
frozen_water
I have to say this whole event was the most engaged I've been in Gaia in a while, I tend to come and go, but this event made me feel a sense of community I haven't felt from Gaia in a while.

I love the item, I love this site, and I love you guys for helping me work through this.

What do you guys think, did you love this event? What about the item? Was it frustrating, fun, or were you just waiting it out for the answer?

Exactly! We didn't really know what it would be, and it wasn't the item that mattered. It was Sherlockians on Gaia coming together, getting over strife and trolls, and being an amazing community together. I haven't been on in ages, and I came back for this.

Gaia was made to be a place online for people to talk on the internet and have a community. It's nice to see it do that for us again.

Aged Gaian

11,400 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Lapin Lequesne
Seriously, this one puzzle was better than the gaia-versary event.

Most engaging thing, I actually brought the puzzle with me on the buss to figure out.
Me too, (not the bus) but I had a pen and paper out trying to solve it for a good part of the day.

l VUN l's Partner

Mega Rabbit

I'm not a Sherlock fan, mostly because I've just never seen it and haven't had time to pick up another fandom, but it was really cool. I think Reapersun did a good job with it and I had fun. Also I like that no matter how much hate she gets for being obsessed with it, she doesn't give a s**t.

Liquid Liner's Compadre

Monster Dabbler

Bambi_Panda
The event was VERY frustrating, but also fun! I also thought it was a great community builder....and on top of all of that I LOVE everything Sherlock Holmes.

It's a winner! emotion_c8

your avi just wins

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas