Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unforgiving Gaian

16,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
That doesn't really seem like much considering how many users would have helped out if Gaia didn't bleed us dry beforehand. I get that 7k is quite a bit it just doesn't seem like it will help but just a small bit considering all the homes destroyed.

What do you think GCD? Could Gaia have done better under different circumstances?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading responses,

God forbid I post a little bit of my own opinions about how Gaia did with handling this charity. As some of you seem to think, I'm bashing Gaia for doing something GOOD. Well sorry to burst your bubbles but I'm not. I'm just pointing out that with the events leading up to the decision to help out, we got more sales before Gaia stepped out and said lets help! I myself didn't donate through Gaia. I don't trust companies that are not relief/help for tragedies. Just my own reasons.

So since I was bashed and people are butthurt. THANK YOU GAIA FOR DOING THIS. YOU REALLY STEPPED UP AND SHOWED THE COMMUNITY YOU'RE NOT MONEY HUNGRY. Cause 1 good deed negates the bad.

-This is the last time I post in the GCD. Delete this thread if you wish.

Kawaii Nerd

Every little bit helps! its the though that counts..

Mysterious Trickster

Personally, Gaia should have matched that cent for cent. Giving an extra $97.50 to round it up, is well, I dunno... I feel sad about it. I wish more was donated, but that doesn't count the amount of funds users donated towards other organizations.

clarion's King

Super Model

Gaia's sales have nothing to do with the tragedies of the world, so they could have done nothing at all. With 100% proceeds being donated and then some, I see no reason to s**t on them for it.

Gaian

$1 can provide 10 meals so $7000 is like 70k meals. Not too shabby. That is, if the money doesn't land in some corrupt official's pockets. Infrastructure reconstruction is up to the Philippines' government and their people, all we can do is help provide relief like temporary shelter, food, water, and supplies.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I would have assumed "100% of all proceeds" would mean 100% of the money considering proceeds and profit are two entirely different things.

I could see them taking enough money to pay their artists for their time making the item, but if they get paid 2000 dollars for a couple hours of pixelwork I'm in the wrong line of business.

Newbie Noob

Coupler
why do you guys celebrate?

the donation that the Philippines got will be laundered through the Philippine government. As such the Philippine goverment will sell all the relief goods that they were donated.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1063497

watch this video. gaia obviously doesnt know whats going on with the money you donated. its giving the Philippine government a quick profit.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
alice elf
$1 can provide 10 meals so $7000 is like 70k meals. Not too shabby. That is, if the money doesn't land in some corrupt official's pockets. Infrastructure reconstruction is up to the Philippines' government and their people, all we can do is help provide relief like temporary shelter, food, water, and supplies.

The money's going to the Red Cross... Which I think has more credibility than the Filipino government.

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
every little bit counts
I'm glad I threw in some help uwu

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Trinisette
Coupler

the donation that the Philippines got will be laundered through the Philippine government. As such the Philippine goverment will sell all the relief goods that they were donated.

watch this video. gaia obviously doesnt know whats going on with the money you donated. its giving the Philippine government a quick profit.

You obviously don't, because the money is going to the Red Cross, and either way, the money is going to help out in the Philippines.

Dedicated Gaian

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Gaia has donated FAR more in the past, the fact that sales for this item were so low only reflects sort of badly more towards how bad Gaia's current focus is.
I mean.. YAY... CHARITY...
Yes, charity is always golden, but I feel very disappointed on not only how much Gaia rounded up to, but hurt by how forced this charity felt. Forced as in "We need some good publicity to our users" sort of forced.

sleepypandie's Husband

Muscular Fatcat

It's better than nothing!

Nice to see they rounded up, it's quite touching.

Loyal Exhibitionist

ll Oreoo ll
It's better than nothing!

Nice to see they rounded up, it's quite touching.

This. I wasn't expecting Gaia to round up, to be honest. It's refreshing.

Newbie Noob

Kiyoura
Trinisette
Coupler

You obviously don't, because the money is going to the Red Cross, and either way, the money is going to help out in the Philippines.
no no no you obviously dont. lol the money that the red cross will go through the philippine government. and its up for them on how to disburse it. and they arent willing to disburse it for free

you obviously have no idea whats going on in that country, i watched the philippine news daily and been following up on the relief effort. and obviously they are just claiming everything is peachy so we filipinos will get their 15 minute spotlight on CNN lol

Bashful Faun

15,190 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
It should be noted to those speaking about the money being stolen, Gaia didn't send that money directly to the Philippines but to the red cross which means it will be used to finance red cross operations on that place. I don't think it will be stolen or miss used.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff