Welcome to Gaia! ::

Party Prophet

My real question is how much is the Black Friday "sale" getting? rolleyes

Welcoming Gaian

DYRL
Are people really complaining about this? For real? I'm not stuck in some Twilight Zone am I?

I wonder how much OP donated, oh right I forgot! It's much easier to b***h at Gaia than to look at you're own self.

The reason why the raised 6.9k instead of more is because that's how much the user base gave. So don't get pissed off at Gaia, get pissed of at yourselves.

Actually don't get pissed off, 7k is a lot and it's for Charity. It's too rude to b***h about a donation

You have no idea how much the OP donated and you have no right to ask, as it's none of your business. It's not always easy to complain about a site you like a lot, but many of the business decisions as of late have caused many rifts.

Users are upset at Gaia because of how they're being treated. Many don't like being treated as a walking wallet and have vowed to close off their funds to tell Gaia that. It's Gaia's fault for driving users to this point, not the users themselves.

7k compared to 55k? Yea, that's a lot.

Big Member

14,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
DYRL
Are people really complaining about this? For real? I'm not stuck in some Twilight Zone am I?

I wonder how much OP donated, oh right I forgot! It's much easier to b***h at Gaia than to look at you're own self.

The reason why the raised 6.9k instead of more is because that's how much the user base gave. So don't get pissed off at Gaia, get pissed of at yourselves.

Actually don't get pissed off, 7k is a lot and it's for Charity. It's too rude to b***h about a donation

You do know that 9/10, companies (as we've been assured since this whole fiasco started in July, Gaia is, in fact, just that) don't do charities out of the goodness of their collective hearts? And with the shift in priorities came a shift in attitude. So all we are left is to assume that this is nothing but a business ploy to appeal to the users that now distrust them to see how good they are.

Someone listed the past charities and the proceeds raised, and the larger ones hit 20k and 55k respectively. (Gulf Spill relief, if I remember correctly, didn't last as long as the others.) So the biggest difference between then and now? The level of trust the users have for them.

You can also look at it this way: Why was it only one item, and a recolor of a previous charity item at that? Between 4 months we've had almost 6 free items linked from artist profiles. So someone could have taken the time to drum up something new, had it approved and shipped out. But no; it's easier to recolor something that already exists and rename it. As we have been told this by countless dev/artists, it's also cheaper. Does it help? Certainly. Even if this was an attempt at regaining trust, does it still do good for others? Of course.

But it doesn't do much for their approval rating. The same thing can be said for this argument as the ones who believe they could have contributed more: Nice try, but we know you can do better.

Sweet Strawberry

Good on Gaia for raising money for charity and rounding the check upwards.

I did donate $2.50, but I was not comfortable donating more than that because I haven't personally done research into Red Cross and how much of a scam it is or isn't. Obviously, it's THE big name in disaster relief, but yeah, I've read some shady stuff and I just haven't taken the time to look into it myself.

Mega Strawberry

Beast Henshin
DYRL

You do know that 9/10, companies (as we've been assured since this whole fiasco started in July, Gaia is, in fact, just that) don't do charities out of the goodness of their collective hearts? And with the shift in priorities came a shift in attitude. So all we are left is to assume that this is nothing but a business ploy to appeal to the users that now distrust them to see how good they are.

Someone listed the past charities and the proceeds raised, and the larger ones hit 20k and 55k respectively. (Gulf Spill relief, if I remember correctly, didn't last as long as the others.) So the biggest difference between then and now? The level of trust the users have for them.

You can also look at it this way: Why was it only one item, and a recolor of a previous charity item at that? Between 4 months we've had almost 6 free items linked from artist profiles. So someone could have taken the time to drum up something new, had it approved and shipped out. But no; it's easier to recolor something that already exists and rename it. As we have been told this by countless dev/artists, it's also cheaper. Does it help? Certainly. Even if this was an attempt at regaining trust, does it still do good for others? Of course.

But it doesn't do much for their approval rating. The same thing can be said for this argument as the ones who believe they could have contributed more: Nice try, but we know you can do better.
So because they didn't release a shiny new item, you didn't donate?
Lol ******** immature

Mega Strawberry

Kain-Senpai
DYRL

You have no idea how much the OP donated and you have no right to ask, as it's none of your business. It's not always easy to complain about a site you like a lot, but many of the business decisions as of late have caused many rifts.

Users are upset at Gaia because of how they're being treated. Many don't like being treated as a walking wallet and have vowed to close off their funds to tell Gaia that. It's Gaia's fault for driving users to this point, not the users themselves.

And I think it's ruder to b***h at something for giving money.
The only thing Gaia's done is push sells, thats it. They haven't limit any of the free stuff on this site
And despite that, why should that affect this donation drive? Are you saying that no matter what they do Gaia going to be greedy? Why,because they want you to spend more money? How vindictive

Wheezing Smoker

12,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Coupler
That doesn't really seem like much considering how many users would have helped out if Gaia didn't bleed us dry beforehand. I get that 7k is quite a bit it just doesn't seem like it will help but just a small bit considering all the homes destroyed.

What do you think GCD? Could Gaia have done better under different circumstances?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading responses,

God forbid I post a little bit of my own opinions about how Gaia did with handling this charity. As some of you seem to think, I'm bashing Gaia for doing something GOOD. Well sorry to burst your bubbles but I'm not. I'm just pointing out that with the events leading up to the decision to help out, we got more sales before Gaia stepped out and said lets help! I myself didn't donate through Gaia. I don't trust companies that are not relief/help for tragedies. Just my own reasons.

So since I was bashed and people are butthurt. THANK YOU GAIA FOR DOING THIS. YOU REALLY STEPPED UP AND SHOWED THE COMMUNITY YOU'RE NOT MONEY HUNGRY. Cause 1 good deed negates the bad.

-This is the last time I post in the GCD. Delete this thread if you wish.

I appreciate your contribution. People don't seen to understand that an opinion is your own, and you're allowed to share it. heart

I would have genuinely loved if they did something like "Black friday sale! 50% goes to hurricane relief!" It would increase purchase incentive, and morale.

Welcoming Gaian

DYRL
Kain-Senpai
DYRL

The only thing Gaia's done is push sells, thats it. They haven't limit any of the free stuff on this site
And despite that, why should that affect this donation drive? Are you saying that no matter what they do Gaia going to be greedy? Why,because they want you to spend more money? How vindictive

Whatever the users decide to donate their money towards for this cause, is up to them. My point is, with the constant cash pushes and lack of more free features for users who don't spend cash because A) they can't, or B) that won't, is giving users a bad taste in their mouth and feel Gaia is being greedy. I can argue with you on quality verses quantity until I'm blue in the face, fact is, there are users who are upset and wonder if what Gaia is doing is really for the good.

Like it or not, that's how it is right now. Gaia's done a lot of harm to the users, and it's not getting better any time soon. That reflects in the amount of good they can do towards tragic events.

Party Prophet

DYRL
Beast Henshin
DYRL

Lol ******** immature

I think they were implying lack of effort on Gaia's part.

Party Prophet

Non-toxic Cliche
Coupler
That doesn't really seem like much considering how many users would have helped out if Gaia didn't bleed us dry beforehand. I get that 7k is quite a bit it just doesn't seem like it will help but just a small bit considering all the homes destroyed.

What do you think GCD? Could Gaia have done better under different circumstances?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reading responses,

God forbid I post a little bit of my own opinions about how Gaia did with handling this charity. As some of you seem to think, I'm bashing Gaia for doing something GOOD. Well sorry to burst your bubbles but I'm not. I'm just pointing out that with the events leading up to the decision to help out, we got more sales before Gaia stepped out and said lets help! I myself didn't donate through Gaia. I don't trust companies that are not relief/help for tragedies. Just my own reasons.

So since I was bashed and people are butthurt. THANK YOU GAIA FOR DOING THIS. YOU REALLY STEPPED UP AND SHOWED THE COMMUNITY YOU'RE NOT MONEY HUNGRY. Cause 1 good deed negates the bad.

-This is the last time I post in the GCD. Delete this thread if you wish.

I appreciate your contribution. People don't seen to understand that an opinion is your own, and you're allowed to share it. heart

I would have genuinely loved if they did something like "Black friday sale! 50% goes to hurricane relief!" It would increase purchase incentive, and morale.

^QFT

and with the prices of the "sale" I think even 30% would have made a lot more than the 7k from the halo

Wheezing Smoker

12,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
DYRL
Kain-Senpai
DYRL

Hi, just adding here, you said " They haven't limit any of the free stuff on this site"

Actually, most games have not been updated, and glitches are still prevalent. Only game that I know has been updated is Switchem.

The towns still glitch heavily, I don't even try with ZOMG anymore because it keeps crashing, so yes, they have limited some of the free stuff on this site. And when was the last time you heard of a gold shop update on some clothing? something that can become an intense sink? Yes, theres the cache and the little wings in Cri, but the amount of people going for that can't be THAT high.

That is all >.<

Wheezing Smoker

12,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
DYRL
Beast Henshin
DYRL

Lol ******** immature

its a curse
I think they were implying lack of effort on Gaia's part.

Adding to her point V The lack of effort is prevalent. They had a typo on their main sale banner for Black friday.

They didn't even take the time to proofread it or get it checked by someone else before letting it go live, then the next day, they released another banner with the same mistake on it xD

To some people, including myself, It felt as though they didn't care about what they were presenting to us, they just wanted to get their cash and push something live that was not ready to go live yet.

I think that you're both escalating things just a bit, and need to take a moment to breathe. Users of Gaia are all a team here. We should work together to make things better, not get angry at each other.

Sparkly Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
$7k is still $7k... glad to see any help go to the relief effort. I for one didn't trust Gaia to actually send in much at all. And I'm still curious how much Gaia gleamed off the top as part of their "costs".

Tho that "rounding up" part left a sad little taste in my mouth. emotion_facepalm

Tipsy Exhibitionist

12,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Super Fightin Robot
Bambi_Panda
$7,000 doesn't really seem like that much, especially when you consider the fact that there are people who are dropping hundreds of dollars on items in the cash shops and for black friday. Maybe they could have donated some proceeds from that? I'm sure it's easy for them to sell items that could raise more money, if they bothered. But then they couldn't keep the money (boo hoo). stare

Gaia is a business, not a charity. They have no obligation to donate more than what users spend on the donation item.

As much as some of Gaia's decisions have pissed me off, this is not one of them.

I'm not saying that they have an obligation at all. But when you're talking about how generous or kind an organization is you have to look at it in context. Tons of people and companies have done a lot more than Gaia has, and with a lot fewer resources. I'm not pissed, I'm just saying that as far as donations go they could have gone farther, and THAT would have been admirable.
I personally would have wished Gaia gave us more of an incentive. I mean yes, the halo is a very nice item. I'm sure many people donated just to get the halo. However, I truly wished that Gaia could have said, "For every dollar spent, we will personally donate 50 cents". I understand that Gaia is a business and I do not know the workings behind Gaia, or how well off they are these days, but I think Gaia could have spared more than $97.50. If I did my math right, it's not even .015 percent of what Gaians contributed.

I'm not dissing Gaia, it's good that they even rounded the number. I just wished they would have contributed more than just "100% of your proceeds will go to them" and their .015 percent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games