Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
They could have gotten more donations if like for the tsunami donation, they had made more items. During that time we had a pin or a halo or a cloak. This time just a halo. I am sure more people would have donated if we had other items besides a halo.

Fluffy Otaku

$7000 = 2800 Bayanihan halos

Not bad....considering gaia's dwindling population plus those who have sworn not to buy GC.

And with regards to the government swindling the money, I don't think Gaia should be blamed for that. Other countries' governments donated millions of dollars.

Gaia has done it's part. Whether or not the receiver of the donation optimizes its use, is up to them. It is a common problem of dole outs.

It's like, if you give a beggar a dollar and you hope he buys it for food to feed himself, but then he'd rather spend it on a cigarette or drugs.

Like having $1000 dollars to spend on a halo vs. invest it in a bank for future college funds or something.

There are some things that are beyond one's control.

I believe Gaia had good intentions. That, for me, is enough.

Pirate

13,800 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle: KO 200
While not as large as some would have hoped many will still be greatful for the aid.

On a personal note, on behalf of my friends and family affected by this devastation, I would like to sincerely thank everyone who donated time and money.

sleepypandie's Husband

Muscular Fatcat

AtrosM
It should be noted to those speaking about the money being stolen, Gaia didn't send that money directly to the Philippines but to the red cross which means it will be used to finance red cross operations on that place. I don't think it will be stolen or miss used.

But hasn't Red Cross had some hiccups in the past before with where donation money was being reallocated to?

Also do I know you from TM? Your username... is very... familiar...

Bashful Faun

15,190 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
ll Oreoo ll
AtrosM
It should be noted to those speaking about the money being stolen, Gaia didn't send that money directly to the Philippines but to the red cross which means it will be used to finance red cross operations on that place. I don't think it will be stolen or miss used.

But hasn't Red Cross had some hiccups in the past before with where donation money was being reallocated to?

Also do I know you from TM? Your username... is very... familiar...

I am sure they had, but the Red cross is pretty much the best on this field, nothing is perfect but I am pretty sure they do their best, If you can trusth them then who?

And I am AtrosM pretty much across all the internet XD and yes I was in TM, Are you Oreoocookies?

sleepypandie's Husband

Muscular Fatcat

AtrosM
I am sure they had, but the Red cross is pretty much the best on this field, nothing is perfect but I am pretty sure they do their best, If you can trusth them then who?

And I am AtrosM pretty much across all the internet XD and yes I was in TM, Are you Oreoocookies?

True. Red Cross is definitely one of the better and well known charities.

Yes, I believe I remember you, AtrosMM or something like that right?
oreoocookiez wink
Nice to see you again Attie! It's been over a year!!

Agile Pants

Does anyone know/remember how much was donated in the past? I'm interested in what the difference was..

Bashful Faun

15,190 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
ll Oreoo ll
AtrosM

True. Red Cross is definitely one of the better and well known charities.

Yes, I believe I remember you, AtrosMM or something like that right?
oreoocookiez wink
Nice to see you again Attie! It's been over a year!!

XD I had forgotten it was with z wink sorry
Its great to see you to, ill pm so we don't get this thread out of topic

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Loyal Exhibitionist

Loz x
Does anyone know/remember how much was donated in the past? I'm interested in what the difference was..

I don't have any hard data, but I'm assuming it's lower than in the past seeing how... money hungry Gaia has become lately.

Agile Pants

Hasuki Aatisuto
Loz x

I don't have any hard data, but I'm assuming it's lower than in the past seeing how... money hungry Gaia has become lately.

People have complained about gaia cash ever since it came out. I don't like to submit to peoples gut feelings, I like facts whee

Cute Transform

16,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Full closet 200
The Undead Suitor
I would have assumed "100% of all proceeds" would mean 100% of the money considering proceeds and profit are two entirely different things.

I could see them taking enough money to pay their artists for their time making the item, but if they get paid 2000 dollars for a couple hours of pixelwork I'm in the wrong line of business.

The item is a recolor and the artist has left Gaia.
Are people still confused about this? o3o

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Loz x
Hasuki Aatisuto
Loz x

People have complained about gaia cash ever since it came out. I don't like to submit to peoples gut feelings, I like facts whee

Ummm, Haiti Relief.

Lucky Cat

Well let's look at some of the previous donations:

Haiti (early 2010):
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/haiti-quake/gaia-pays-ten-grand-usd/t.58616105/
Gaia matched the $10,000 in user donations made to the Red Cross, so in this situation they raised over $20,000 (couldn't find how much Gaians donated, just that they would match it).

Gulf Spill (mid 2010):
http://gaiainteractive.wordpress.com/2010/08/14/gaians-contribute-to-gulf-oil-spill-clean-up/
Gaia sold an item and used 10% of the sales to go as a donation. They raised $4,600 but it was rounded up to $5,000.

Japan (mid 2011):
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/american-red-cross-thanks-gaia-community/t.73155427_1/
Gaia donated $55,194.48 to the red cross, and I believe $10,000 of which was Gaia's own money that they matched.

= = =

You might consider also that it's close to the holidays and people are keeping their wallets closed because of the spending they're going to do. Also the number for the Japan donations was much higher because of the variety of items from one to ten bucks, combined with other factors.

Time-traveling Senshi

I'm just glad they specified where the money was supposed to go to because if they hadn't that seven grand could have ended up staying in California or even coming here to Illinois. And while we need it here Gaia had said they were going to send it for the typhoon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff