• Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Guys this is an add, don't you get it? rofl

Excitable Kitten

14,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Launch Party 100
It could have more potential if the forums were nicer, there were more to do, and there were better clothing options (seriously, currently like 75% of the tops for girls are pretty much just bikini tops. And on that same subject why isn't there any black bikini tops? It's like all the colors of the rainbow except for black).

Pricing on items in the shop is also nonsensical and I honestly would never spend money there because the some of the real currency stuff is insanely priced if you look at how much that currency costs ($20+ for a single pose item? Ah... no thanks). Yes I know you can earn the paid currency (gems? Diamonds? Whatever) over time, but it's small amounts at a time and it still doesn't excuse the nonsense prices.

Unravel also gets really tedious after a while.

And they need a skinny-non-muscly male base, like seriously.

I do like the art style though.

Stellar Succubus

What use would it have being exactly like Gaia? We already have Gaia for that!

It's not meant to be like Gaia at all, nor is it for the same demographic.

Uxie's Husband

I feel like it's edgy for the sake of being edgy.

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
TheMainCharacter1
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
I just wish they'd stop emailing me. I signed up back when it first became available, because hey why not? I'll give it a try. Looked around for five minutes and got bored with how little there was to do and annoyed with how terrible the navigation was. But I noped the ******** out when I looked at the avatar store and discovered that most items could only be purchased with their real cash currency while giving only a few sub-par items for the fake money currency (which was damn difficult to earn).

Now this past week, they've taken to emailing me every single day with "alerts" as to what's going on and ~what's hot~, and so forth. emotion_eyebrow

Not sure if you figure this out already but on the bottom of the email it says...

"This message was sent to your email address. If you do not wish to receive future emails like this from Tentacl.com, please unsubscribe or send a reply to this email with the subject of "unsubscribe"."

Click on the unsubscribe link if you don't want anymore emails.

Ah sweet! I actually hadn't, because I check my email via my phone, so I only see the notification and delete the email immediately without opening it. Thanks a ton! emotion_brofist

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
@ OP: Tentacl is Gaia Interactive's own site. So... there isn't anything there that is any ripoff from this site. Just a transference.

But based on what I heard about everything else over there, not my cup of tea. So here I stay.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

...you kidding me bruh?

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

mayakko
You couldn't pay me to be on tentacl. It's hideous, like they asked a 14 year old to design an adult site. I hate that the avatars are more realistic-looking and not pixel art, too. It's basically like tumblr and imvu had an anime baby and it thinks it's all grown up. Yuck.

Aw just letting you know I love your avi.

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
I signed up and looked around a bit, but there was nothing really interesting enough about it to make me want to go back.
I found the unraveling thing far too confusing, and the dress up aspect is basically to same idea as Gaia.

Leader

I have signed up but i really didn't enjoyed it . I can't say i hate it but i don't like.

Bibliophile

I checked it out (without actually signing up) on one of the first days it was out, and when I was confronted with a huge d**k-GIF on the front page I just went "NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE".

Silly me for thinking they would at least filter the NSFW s**t when you haven't even signed up yet and verified that you are over 18. I'm no prude but that was just ******** offensive to have on the very first page of the site when you haven't even had the chance to sign up or browse around yet. I was in a public place ffs

Later I tried checking out the forums and the avatars for a bit but I found everything incredibly confusing, cluttered and downright ugly. I haven't gone back ever since. People keep telling me I should give it another chance because I checked it out at such an early state of the site and that they fixed a lot of the NSFW issues now, but I must be one of those old-fashioned people who think that you should test and fix these sort of things before you put them online. Because of that first impression I think of it as a disgusting pervy smut-place and I don't think anything will change my mind about that.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
TasteChaos
I checked it out (without actually signing up) on one of the first days it was out, and when I was confronted with a huge d**k-GIF on the front page I just went "NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE".

Silly me for thinking they would at least filter the NSFW s**t when you haven't even signed up yet and verified that you are over 18. I'm no prude but that was just ******** offensive to have on the very first page of the site when you haven't even had the chance to sign up or browse around yet. I was in a public place ffs

Later I tried checking out the forums and the avatars for a bit but I found everything incredibly confusing, cluttered and downright ugly. I haven't gone back ever since. People keep telling me I should give it another chance because I checked it out at such an early state of the site and that they fixed a lot of the NSFW issues now, but I must be one of those old-fashioned people who think that you should test and fix these sort of things before you put them online. Because of that first impression I think of it as a disgusting pervy smut-place and I don't think anything will change my mind about that.

I think if that dik gif was not in the landing page it would have survived the censors in my place. Tentacl is already censor blocked here.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

I checked out a few months ago, was fairly underwhelmed. I decided to take a look again for this thread, and really poke and prod around the site.

Tentacl has some SERIOUS issues.

Let's focus on the UI, because everyone talks about the content, not so much how you get to it.

You have to click and acknowledge every time you want gold granted, rather than it being granted automatically. Because, you know, it's really important to know that gold was granted because this user hearted that post or this user failed that post, one by one by one by one by one by one by one...

Before you get there, though, you have to post in the forums. Organization of the forums is pretty much non-existent. They're not just "not in categories", they're not even in any particular order. You pick out one that looks right out of the big heap, helpfully guided by a catchy name, no description, an icon more relevant to the catchy name than the actual subject material, and a big, space-hogging thumbnail of the background used in that forum. Because that TOTALLY helps you figure out what the forum is about.

Once you're in the forum, the tumblr-esque layout proves why tumblr's success is in spite of its UI, not because of it -- rather than giving you a list of topic titles and letting you pick which ones you're interested in, Tentacl makes a nice big stream of the first posts of each of those threads, which are sorted by popularity rather than recent activity. It loads all pictures in the first posts, too, so... y'know. Don't look at the NSFW forum if you're just curious; the NSFW content is up-front and center from click 1.

Search is 'dumb': it searches everything with no options to limit the scope, and then dumps everything into one big list. Like, seriously, it loads an entire list of results of everything relevant inside one popup bubble. If what you're looking for isn't at the top, too bad, because the bubble drops down past the bottom of the screen and it's anchored to the part of the layout that never scrolls down.

Equipping is just a nightmare. This site combines shops and dress-up into one, which I'm sure looked great on paper. You know... new content shows up first for free advertising, and you can dress-up using items you don't have then buy them after. The problem is when it first loads: It loads up every item one by one, with a second or two for each. For every item in the store. Because they had to have their Flash-y effects, which is obviously more important than letting the user quickly add and remove items. There's also no "you don't have enough coins for this" notice until the moment that you try to check out. And it's trying to charge me for socks I don't have equipped. At some point, I guess they dropped into my Shopping Bag, and never left. Huh?

I'm trying to focus on the UI here, but I would like to take a moment to say 'realism' does not equal better art. rofl I guess no one stopped to think that "hey, with giant avatars, problems with the art will be extra obvious!" But I digress.

The only significant improvements I've seen since I checked a few months ago, in terms of UI? They brought in a "planned" feature that was incorporated into the UI before it actually functioned: A "flair" system, which rewards your activity around the site by rating you as "Nasty", "Social", "Creative", "Wealthy" or "Stylish". And then giving out achievements for it, kinda. You get a different icon thing on your profile for it. You don't get to pick which one is displayed, and this doesn't appear to serve any greater purpose. Yay?

Getting away from the UI again -- this feature kind of screams "adult site in name only" to me. Seriously? You shouldn't need a little meter to tell you what kind of person you are. The categories only reinforce the immaturity -- where's the "generous", "informative", or... idk, "inspiring"?

Unravel is no better. More than that, it's such a dumb game. Can you figure out what my favorite color, Pokémon, and sex position is? If you do, I'll reward you with a photo of my hands! emotion_awesome You win when you realize you should stop playing, because this self-absorbed bullshit is sending out information that should only matter to real friends and family, and yours are over on Facebook. (Hopefully you figure it out fast, because you can only change your information by swapping it out for other information. No "remove stage" option. And you have to cycle through randomly selected questions to find one that you're comfortable with answering, it doesn't just let you pick one...)

Long story short, it's Gaia's economy meets Facebook's oversharing, packaged in a poor adaptation of Tumblr's already lackluster format, with a whole bunch of unnecessary Flash-y effects that, at this early stage of development, only interfere with the user experience.

The only good thing I can say about the site is that the Gold Shop hairstyles aren't restricted in palette the way Gaia's are. And even that has a "but..." attached to it, because some of the hairs really aren't in enough colors, and the ones that have the best coloring jobs literally only come in one color.

And honestly, I probably wouldn't even have noticed if I didn't hate the shade of purple that Gaia's Gold Shop hairs have been stuck with for years now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff