Welcome to Gaia! ::

14,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Invisibility 100
That sounds awfully familiar. I joined tentacl today because of a swagbucks offer, I wasn't paid either.
I guess it was stupid of me to assume that I would actually get paid for joining. emotion_bigvein

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Jin Love
Rabid-Turtle

Kinda bugs me because as I remember it gaia never had an advertising budget which is why this site was barely advertised. But I could be wrong, ::shrug::
I remember they did a Shonen Jump? I think that was the name, where they had a funny advertizement in there of those squid costumes chasing a girl and chefs chasing the squids in towns. That's all I remember about advertizement for gaia.

This is just...hmmm. Cheap? Those sponsors are usually scams or just advertizements that never pay etc. And look they're one of em now! Though I;m glad they never went through such lengths to get gaia out there, it's sad that they would do all this for a site like that though.

I actually joined Gaia because I saw an ad for it in Shounen Jump back in 2007. rofl

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Can I retroactively redeem my free cash?

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
I saw it as an offer on another site as well. It paid out though.

User Image

I wonder how many other sponsored offer providers they paid to advertise Tentacl.

Lady Lunatic

The one where it has the Gaia avatar and the Tentacl avatar and it says "upgrade!" kinda rubs me the wrong way. I use adblock on here so I only see it when I'm on mobile.

But yeah a lot of those free gaiacash offers never worked for me. Same with the daily treats. I gave up on those.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Tentacl had an ad on Batoto. "You've never seen the little mermaid like this". And the image was a mermaid being tentacle-raped. Just the top of the image. Very classy. stare

I was kind of surprised since I recognized the source.

Program_Virus's Husband

Manly Wife

I never heard of their sister site until I found a forum talking about it and now, suddenly its on every other page as an advertisement 8/
I admit I peaked over to see what it was all about and all I got was..Tumblr mixed it with a bunch other type websites with the whole sharing of pictures/ likings/reblogs(?)/posting.
It didn't feel interesting to me, but I do know that some gaia artists go there for their NSFW < w > Only purpose I'd wander there..

Special Snowflake

Dang, it's not an offer available in the UK! That's a good amount of GC for registering with alternate Gaia xd

Wheezing Member

I guess you could say that they will go

...all the way.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
emotion_dealwithit

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Sweet Sentiment
Tentacl had an ad on Batoto. "You've never seen the little mermaid like this". And the image was a mermaid being tentacle-raped. Just the top of the image. Very classy. stare

I was kind of surprised since I recognized the source.
Oh god, that sounds just tasteless.

I already find it kinda bad that Gaia advertises tentacl on here.
I mean, ACTIVELY advertising a website that has 18+ content (as its main selling point) on a website made for kids over 13... that alone is pretty low.
Even worse because tentacl doesn't even have ANY way to check someone's age in the first place.

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
To be honest I have a account on Tentacl myself and find the people there nice, you can have a decent conversation on tentacl that you just cannot have on here, but I will admit that they could have done a better job on the site, it's so image heavy compare to Gaia that my laptop just can't handle it, not only that but they could have made it so that no minors can register on there too!
The advertisements for Tentacl are to say a bit tasteless and weird to boot! emotion_facepalm

I saw a advertisement for Gaia Online in one of my local magazines waaaay back in 2006! XD
That's how I joined up!

Mystical Villain's Princess

Adorable Sex Symbol

I've been on tentacl a while now. It's relatively tame, in all honesty.
There's a section for NSFW content, which is obviously full of nudity and the likes, but there's a filter for it if you're squeamish to such things, and the option to not go into that community if you don't wish to see it.
Otherwise, the community is friendly for the most part, and I've had a decent time there. Easier to chat with older users, and less to worry about in terms of what you can say to who. It's an 18+ site so it's implied you needn't filter your responses because someone might actually be 13 or 14. =w=

I also wouldn't call tentacl desperate, as it's in open beta. I feel like many of the users who complained about the adult atmosphere of the site where too acclimated to Gaia, and were just shocked by the freedoms they had been given.

'OH NO THERE ARE NAKED PEOPLE OMG'
But if it were tumblr, would you bat an eye?

Mystical Villain's Princess

Adorable Sex Symbol

Ven Loraine Jr

I mean, ACTIVELY advertising a website that has 18+ content (as its main selling point) on a website made for kids over 13... that alone is pretty low.
Even worse because tentacl doesn't even have ANY way to check someone's age in the first place.

Wouldn't you think they do this because the vast majority of Gaians are now over 18 years old?
If anything, by that logic, you should appreciate the fact they're fishing to transfer that demographic from one site to another.
That way, those who are 13-18 wouldn't be chatting with random adult strangers on the internet without parental consent. emotion_yatta

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
We Could Be Villains
Ven Loraine Jr

Wouldn't you think they do this because the vast majority of Gaians are now over 18 years old?
If anything, by that logic, you should appreciate the fact they're fishing to transfer that demographic from one site to another.
That way, those who are 13-18 wouldn't be chatting with random adult strangers on the internet without parental consent. emotion_yatta
While many grew up with Gaia, there are still TONS of newer / younger users here.
And Gaia obviously wanted to cater to those younger users when introducing animal avatars.

I doubt many people will actually "transfer" from Gaia to tentacl permanently.
So no, I don't really see it as a protection of Gaia's younger audience.
To be honest, I find it a bit insulting, that 13-year-olds would have to be kept away from older people... Gaia is strictly non-sexual in content, so why should a 13-year-old NOT talk about their favourite TV show or video game with someone who's 50...?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff