Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

I know this isn't exactly gaia related, but I've been seeing so much about tentacl being talked about here, and other places like SF. There was one threat talking about how ads for tentacl where showing up here.

You know those free gaia cash offers? I was doing those for something else not gaia related. And tentacl popped up as one of the sponsors. I just thought it was a funny find. I rarely see websites advertized on those cash offers.

I also did the offer, and did not get paid. xD

User Image

Makes you wonder how well the site is actually doing, they seem to be getting the word about the site out there in anyway they can.

Have you seen it pop up anywhere else you never thought you would see it?

Has this ever happened to you but with gaia instead?

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Wow.

That sounds pretty shady. I still wouldn't join Tentacl. Not my taste and doesn't seem to have anything going for it.

BUT HEY. LOOK AT MY SHINY ANIME NAME AT LEAST WE GOT THAT. WHOOO.
emotion_awesome

Cute Spirit

15,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Hero 100

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

x Karurie x
Wow.

That sounds pretty shady. I still wouldn't join Tentacl. Not my taste and doesn't seem to have anything going for it.

emotion_awesome
-jealous of your shiny awesome name- xD

I HAD to see if they would actually pay me my points. But nope, They did not pay me anything after I completed the offer. Oh well. xD

Cute Spirit

15,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Hero 100
But hey look easy nx emotion_dowant
-logs on to nexon-

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

Rabid-Turtle

Kinda bugs me because as I remember it gaia never had an advertising budget which is why this site was barely advertised. But I could be wrong, ::shrug::
I remember they did a Shonen Jump? I think that was the name, where they had a funny advertizement in there of those squid costumes chasing a girl and chefs chasing the squids in towns. That's all I remember about advertizement for gaia.

This is just...hmmm. Cheap? Those sponsors are usually scams or just advertizements that never pay etc. And look they're one of em now! Though I;m glad they never went through such lengths to get gaia out there, it's sad that they would do all this for a site like that though.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

Zombie Ovaries
But hey look easy nx emotion_dowant
-logs on to nexon-
Oh no no, they DID NOT PAY ME! rofl

I did the offer, and wait and waited and NOTHING. XD

I almost spit my coffee out when I saw it, I was doing good with getting offers and then I was like "that logo looks...OMG" XD

Don't do it though, they won't pay. xD

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Jin Love
x Karurie x
Wow.

emotion_awesome

I HAD to see if they would actually pay me my points. But nope, They did not pay me anything after I completed the offer. Oh well. xD

Ain't it pink and sparkly. It's so useful.
i'm a bit miffed with gaia atm. if you can't tell. sorry but not really that sorry. apparently they have time to create this seemingly pointless thing but no time to answer real concerns and questions in the SF.

What sort of questions did it ask you? The survey, I mean. Anything personal? It's pretty easy to gather someone's identity with "harmless" questions. Especially since I've heard that, in the case Tentacl gets bought out by another company (very likely), the site reserves the right to sell away any information that you've given it. It's in the TOS.

It makes the Unravel feature a bit unnerving.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I actually remember seing an ad for Gaia on Deviant Art less than 1 year ago smile So yes, I saw some offsite ads of Gaia once.

Edit: Btw, if I were you I would tell them you didn't get anything. It's not costing much to try afterall wink

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
lilloulou
I actually remember seing an ad for Gaia on Deviant Art less than 1 year ago smile So yes, I saw some offsite ads of Gaia once.

I saw one on fanfiction.net in 2008... ninja

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

x Karurie x
Jin Love
x Karurie x
Wow.

emotion_awesome

Ain't it pink and sparkly. It's so useful.
i'm a bit miffed with gaia atm. if you can't tell. sorry but not really that sorry. apparently they have time to create this seemingly pointless thing but no time to answer real concerns and questions in the SF.

What sort of questions did it ask you? The survey, I mean. Anything personal? It's pretty easy to gather someone's identity with "harmless" questions. Especially since I've heard that, in the case Tentacl gets bought out by another company (very likely), the site reserves the right to sell away any information that you've given it. It's in the TOS.

It makes the Unravel feature a bit unnerving.
For the sponsor? Nothing, you just had to register and put in an email and user name then active your account. The funny thing is tentacl always shows up in my spam folder and it always asks "Are you sure this is safe to read".

I doubt they will ever go in SF for anything other than seeing what users want for items etc. now.
Tentacl is terrible

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

lilloulou

Edit: Btw, if I were you I would tell them you didn't get anything. It's not costing much to try afterall wink
Ohh wow! I never actually seen a gaia ad before. XD I mean I saw a fake one.
And then that Shonen Jump one but nothing on the net.

Ahh yes, I will try. You gotta wait 24 hours or something before you report it, so I'll go around to that at this time tomorrow. xD

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

The Bukkake Princess
Tentacl is terrible
Indeed it is! But this did give me a good laugh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff