Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Junior

i joined in 06 and i must say i've had quite an adventure. i will admit though, nowadays it gets kind of boring here, but the admins always do something that brings me back. like the events 4laugh

Man-Lover

I reached my 10 years as well! heart rofl

2004-2006 was more alive and more people.... now its sorta has its own pace... I know a lot of people that have came and left.... but Gaia was at its prime around those years.

Perfect Saint

This thread makes me feel younger.
I remember posting back when you could break out into random conversations in the GCD, and it was common place to go off topic in every thread. There were few subforums, the slots were shiny and new, and you could name your games anything you wanted...and then get banned because it had something to do with cybering, male or female anatomy, or a swear word. Donation Items were what they were called, the map was how you got from shop to shop, and you could go left, right, up, or down, and then a few more until you hit the town. It was before the Van whose their faces, Gambino rose to power, died, his son got amnesia, he got back to power due to our donations, built an enormous tower, got shot, fell in real time and you could watch his little guy on the map fall, and then the story got quite crazy...including Ian getting shot and Rufus running his store...

I haven't been on in years...but I always remember what Gaia was to me. It was where I goofed off from class to spend English class on my laptop, bumping a contest where I won not only my Horns of the Demon (when they were only 40k, and that was A LOT back then), but I got a letter that gave me a Kiki, both won. I remember avvi glitches, like my favorite, the Invisibone glitch...I remember Depressed Marvin, Shady Tradesman, and all the other crazy old folks who probably most of aren't on anymore...like the named changed to something else, The Satah...my darkredsizenineoppositeavvigenderedhusbandwifetwinthing...sometimes things get so crazy, and either get left behind, or complicated. Even though Gaia Online isn't like it used to be...it's still home to all those memories...oh how I love those sweet, sweet memories...

Sorry to ramble...just got taken back to my olden years, when the name Check was dignified and known throughout the halls of the GCD...now I'm a relic...a long forgotten thought trying to make you feel sorry for him as he posts about what he remembers. I remember the good times, and even though it's changed...I still love this site...even if I don't post like I used to, don't do the things I used to, and don't visit the places I used to. Being a member of the 10 year club is pretty awesome...'cause I got to see the past build up...and then missed many years...and see what Gaia has become...and it's changed...but it's also building new memories for folks like few sites are today.

.....Sorry about my ramblin' ways, I had a bit of a Morgan Freeman narration in my head as I typed kind of thing ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Edit:For the record, this account was created near the end of '04...but I originally signed up under the name o.OCheckDO_o ...though I guess I'm not a real 10 yearer since I joined in Jan '04,,,so I'm a 9.5 yearer...
[ Insert name Here ]
I've been here probably close to a decade, but nobody knows who I am. I know all of you though...
"I know who you are...I work in Washington too."

I'm pretty sure I remember you! You're name reminds me of a time where I once spent way too much time on a web site trying to get fictional currency while hanging out with a bunch of other folks who spent too much time trying to get their own fictional currency...
I went started a new account in 2004 (this one) But I've been around since 2003. I feel ancient crying
Imperial Shockies
I reached my 10 years as well! heart rofl

2004-2006 was more alive and more people.... now its sorta has its own pace... I know a lot of people that have came and left.... but Gaia was at its prime around those years.

I know what you mean, I couldn't get enough of gaia back then.

MaxKon's Wife

Fluffy Fatcat

27,865 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Been here since 07 and still love it! lol

Shigatsu-san's Waifu

Sugary Genius

Congrats! I've been a member for 8 years so I'm almost there. Man, we're all such loyal visitors. wink

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I've been here since late '07 on one account and on this since early '08.i'm only halfway to a decade old...gaia has affected me a little like having a gaia friend send a christmas card to me last year.

Sparkly Smoker

Congrats on reaching it C:!!

I'm about a month off from being nine years old~!

Actually couldn't sleep the other day and browsed some old threads I used to post a lot in. gonk If only I could erase my early days. > w>; Making "literate" threads in the cb on my old user where almost every post I made started with "LOVE@YOU" & a lot of "seks nao?" /shudder. My ' d u c k ! e ' username even fell into that exclamation mark fad. Odear.
But it is strange to think how long I've been around. Met a few people who I've talked to for years now and consider family, so thanks for that, Gaia!

Kaptain K Rool's Husband

Floppy Member

CheckD3
[ Insert name Here ]
I've been here probably close to a decade, but nobody knows who I am. I know all of you though...
"I know who you are...I work in Washington too."

I'm pretty sure I remember you! You're name reminds me of a time where I once spent way too much time on a web site trying to get fictional currency while hanging out with a bunch of other folks who spent too much time trying to get their own fictional currency...

That sounds like a thing that I would do, too.
I just made an exact copy of your post withouth knowing, now I feel ashamed of myself.

I made good friends on this site, i remember me and some of my best friends spending hours here posting and rping. We would got excited at every event or update this site managed to pull off and even talked other people about how awesome this site was. Then it just started to loose it's appeal. Now it's all about the money and how much you can spend. I'm not ranting, just poiting out the main difference between go gaia and gaia online.

I come back from time to time to chck things out and then leave for months.

Questionable Cat

I'm close to reaching my ten years as well, last month I came back from a long hiatus because I found myself needing someplace to occupy my time while I procrastinated on my application to graduate school. Gaia fit that bill to a T, much like I did when I was in high school... when I joined.... Also, funnily enough, the person who forced me to join Gaia is going to be my maid of honor on this upcoming November 1st.

For me, Gaia was a much needed distraction from homework and a place to basically chill out and talk to like-minded people. Now I just play the word games and lurk the CB.... And I also like to look at the items that have been released during my hiatus (due to FFXIV) and go "ohhh shineyyy".
It isn't Gaia's fault that I have fallen out of love with this site, it's just that I have changed a bit since I joined.... I am now in quite a bit of debt with student loans, have a full time under paying job in a not-much-loved field and I have other things that occupy my time o:
I joined way back in 04. Haven't been on in years. Life just started to take up too much time and I couldn't keep up with Gaia. I sure do miss the old events.....you know, Halloween, Easter.....and the Gambino story lines. H3ll, I have no clue what is going on now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff