Welcome to Gaia! ::

I didn't realize it, but I guess I've officially been on Gaia a whole ten freaking years.

You guys remember 2003 right? Anime dvds had several rows in major retailers, manga books were hot, all the sudden half the people at anime cons were females instead of schlubby guys trading bootleg Robotech vhs like in the 90's. Gamer/geek webcomics were all the rage online, "PWNED!" and other online gamer lingo was popular.

Truth be told I'm kind of surprised "Go-Gaia" still exists. It seemed a LOT more popular in the 2003-2006 period.

Just curious how Gaia has affected your life, and if anything ever came out of being on this site?(friends, loves, collaborations, art, etc)

In this hyper ADHD attention deficit smart phone/facebook/text obsessed society we live in, it did feel like Gaia harkened back to a simpler time online.

Lonely Businessman

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
i have been on since about 2010 so you beat me by 7 years. affected my life? well i got gold hungry and actually put money into this site....i gained 3 friends then lost them all. pretty boring if you ask me but the only reason i stay on anymore is to update my profile and chat in forums and stuff really.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Goddamn, I remember you, Pockybot! (Your name anyway)

I've still got a few months yet for a full decade. Still wish I had my original account's join date. I'm stuck with this 2004 one. xp

I'm not sure how I feel about now compared to then. I'd have to see how much society has changed, and I've been out of society for quite some time.

I would be nothing without Gaia. I would never have engaged in such enlightening and difficult debates. It's thanks to Gaia that I found who I was (at least mostly, still figuring things out), and have developed many logical skills. I may have found another forum, but this is the perfect place for me because it has a wide range of users to talk with.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
I've been around since 2004 (also on a different account)... I wouldn't say its changed my life (although my partner would happily kill the internet if it would stop me from being on this site xp ) but I have made friends on the site... I also enjoy being able to argue/talk with people I wouldn't usually come across in my normal day to day life.

And hi, by the way, pocky biggrin long time no see.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
One more year and I can say I am a 10 year veteran.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mickel228
i have been on since about 2010 so you beat me by 7 years. affected my life? well i got gold hungry and actually put money into this site....i gained 3 friends then lost them all. pretty boring if you ask me but the only reason i stay on anymore is to update my profile and chat in forums and stuff really.

Back when the Katanas came out I spent about 50 bucks on those stupid letters. Made alot of gold, but like you said, It's pretty boring after a week or so. It's only the forums I come here for.

Aged Lunatic

Well, almost 10 years and I've been introduced to complete strangers who want to enslave me, imprison me, kill and/or assault me in the street for my beliefs, conversion-rape me, and in a recent example take away my career to save the country.....

Sooooo, not sure what to make of that...

Aged Shapeshifter

I met my fiance on gaia.

Tipsy Poster

Been here since August '08, almost five years.

I've left several times before, but always end up coming back sooner or later, whether on the same account or a different one.

You don't just leave Gaia. It's like a ******** black hole.

But hey, my reason has always been the same: it provides something interesting to do in my free time.

Tipsy Smoker

Been here forever and I am grown up. This site is petty but I get bored.

Fanatical Zealot

Quote:
You guys remember 2003 right?

Herm... doesn't ring a bell.

Kaptain K Rool's Husband

Floppy Member

I've been here probably close to a decade, but nobody knows who I am. I know all of you though...

Aged Lunatic

[ Insert name Here ]
I've been here probably close to a decade, but nobody knows who I am. I know all of you though...

Challenge accepted.

Magnetic Dog

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Pocky! How have you been?

I give this place up for months at a time but I always come back. Very few of my all time favourite gaians are still around but there are a couple of them. I suppose it fills some kind of purpose in my life being able to come here and discuss things that would make my very grown up co-workers blanch and swoon.

Conservative Exhibitionist

Congratulations!

I still have about six long years to go.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff