44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Soubi-chu
User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

A pretty much free 500k?
Are people going to b***h about that too?

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

~*~INFLATION~*~

As everyone buys stuff from the MP and another billion gold is removed for the system. xd

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Morava
Zandykins
Edit - It's kind of interesting that Gaia hasn't sent any reward incentive to those middle buyers yet though, unfortunately. This kind of seems like another cash grab if you really look at it. At least it's nowhere near as outrageous as some of the more recent ones. It would've been nicer and smarter if they had targeted those middle spenders first though.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Exactly my point I just made. :c

.::User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.::.

I think the proximity of all of these recent Cash incentives and what not was poorly planned in general. Of course, I am not really complaining too much on this new incentive as it is rather fair, though, I definitely think that spenders in general, should have been addressed before Gaia targeted their massive spenders (Club Verge) and potential first time spenders (Teal Bonus Box).

Good luck though with finishing your avatar =)!

Serpentine Guest

Morava

I can understand that, but on the other hand, people who have bought GC before haven't received anything but a couple of junk items worth 3K or less. It just kind of stinks for those who have been buying, but haven't spent $1,000 or more. Yet you spend $5, & you can get 500K. I spent $80-$90 recently, & I got a Gothic Eternal Fascinator. Ooo. That's special.

.::User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.::.
Club Verge is just $99 dollars, not a grand.
And the non-GC users get nothing. If they become convinced to buy, then after their first time bonus they get the same as everyone else does later.

Trendsetter

This could ******** up the MP big time.
Zandykins
I think the proximity of all of these recent Cash incentives and what not was poorly planned in general. Of course, I am not really complaining too much on this new incentive as it is rather fair, though, I definitely think that spenders in general, should have been addressed before Gaia targeted their massive spenders (Club Verge) and potential first time spenders (Teal Bonus Box).

Good luck though with finishing your avatar =)!

Thank you!

And I agree. Okay, the BIG time spenders definitely deserve something nice for spending that much. However, being in the middle of the road... Ehh... And then to see that first timers get 500K for just $5? I could understand if it was like, $50. Maybe even $25. But $5? That's it?

I would gladly pay $5 to get 500K, but I've already bought Gaia Cash. With their big Cash Shop Sale that they just had last month, if that, that just kind of sucks, because that's where I finally caved & bought GC for the first time. :c

Eloquent Pyromaniac

33,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm a little nervous about inflation now...

I thought gaia wanted a gold sink and not introduce more gold~?
Mimic Lizard
Club Verge is just $99 dollars, not a grand.
And the non-GC users get nothing. If they become convinced to buy, then after their first time bonus they get the same as everyone else does later.

Oh. Well I feel a little silly about that. I re-read the announcement, & somehow my brain fabricated one more number then there was. xD

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
At this point, I think somebody either on Staff or somebody higher up, has gone over board with all this stuff. They should pull back a bit and concentrate on middle-class spenders and non-cash spenders for awhile. Gives bigger incentives in the long run.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

Morava
Naladi
I haven't received that PM, but then again I wouldn't be eligible for the promotion anyway since it wouldn't be my first time spending GC. C'est la vie.

It's a nice incentive for new cash spenders.
If I were eligible for the promotion, I'd likely choose the 500k gold.

So would I. I could just go to the MP to buy the items I want for my outfit & not have to try to save a few pennies here & there to try to slowly get it piece by piece. :c

That's just the luck of the draw sometimes. There's no use getting saddened by other people's good luck. Besides, most of the new spenders who take advantage of the offer will probably be newer members who could really use the little bit of help that the incentive gives.

With its huge market and high prices on a lot of items, Gaia can be pretty intimidating to new members. I like the offer as a way to help new users out and help them feel less overwhelmed as they get used to the site.

Shameless Ladykiller

I wonder if you get the 500 Game Card from SwagBucks, if you'll get the box? Since it looks like you're purchasing Gaia Cash when you use it. And do you only get the bonus if you get the PM? I'd also like to know if you're allowed to buy the GC on a mule, or if it's against the rules. They should really add a FAQ when they add new features/bonuses/etc.
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
Could people NOT complain about every single incentive gaia gives? rolleyes I think it's pretty cool of them to give so much incentive, but I do think that maybe it's a bit TOO high, but that's okay. It's a pretty sweet incentive, it would be nice to know if there are repercussions about buying GC on a mule for the first time to get it though.... I imagine that's abuse of the reward and probably not allowed.

Exactly why I haven't rushed off to do just that. I don't know if that's been factored in & considered abuse. I'd imagine people might be doing it anyway simply because I've seen the idea presented many times already, in which case, inflation is brought to mind.

Serpentine Guest

Morava

Oh. Well I feel a little silly about that. I re-read the announcement, & somehow my brain fabricated one more number then there was. xD

it could have been because it was put as 9999GC in the staff alert. All the same number with no place holder in-between. I actually did the same thing at first too.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Worst. Decision. EVER.

I'm worried about a serious bout of inflation in the near future. Way to go, ********' with the value of gold like this.

Magical Cat

Only for first time GC buyers?
Well that's kinda jerkish. I've NEVER seen a GC freebie I wanted in the past. Ever. Nothing like this. Where are the decent rewards for veteran GC buyers?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff