Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Hunter

gaia should do tax refunds. like... you should get 50% of the taxes we pay through the marketplace back or something as long as we go over to gambino bank from from jan 1st to april 15th. i think that would be pretty sweeetttttt

Statue of Wisdom's Significant Otter

Bloodthirsty Hellraiser

The point of the Tax is to be a gold sink. What you're suggesting would release way more gold into the system and completely screw up the economy even more (if that's even possible at this point lol )

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
no
just......no

Cute Hunter

Boxed Yaoi
no
just......no
but why. who cares if inflation gets worse. its not my problem. im considered poor on this site now. and that bugs me. however. its the portion of the site who give in the gaia cash bullpoop that cause the inflation.

also.

its a website. does not change your real life in anyway regarding money and stability untill you let it control you and people take this place way too seriously and get all butt hurt over everything. i think the tax thing would add and extra fun little thing to get once a year without having to really do anything.

Cute Hunter

ThraII
The point of the Tax is to be a gold sink. What your suggesting would release way more gold into the system and completely screw up the economy even more (if that's even possible at this point lol )
i doesnt care about the whole.. inflationnessness. i think it would be something fun to put into the site.

obviously inflation is a huge problem right now. and thats completely the users fault for giving in to gaia cash and turning around and selling the things they buy with real money. but thats not the point.

the point is that it would be a fun reward to get everyyear. rofl

Bloodthirsty Hellraiser

-Raiinbew-Hart
ThraII
The point of the Tax is to be a gold sink. What your suggesting would release way more gold into the system and completely screw up the economy even more (if that's even possible at this point lol )
i doesnt care about the whole.. inflationnessness. i think it would be something fun to put into the site.

obviously inflation is a huge problem right now. and thats completely the users fault for giving in to gaia cash and turning around and selling the things they buy with real money. but thats not the point.

oh my goodness....

Sparkly Explorer

Things are inflated enough.

Cute Hunter

ThraII
-Raiinbew-Hart
ThraII

oh my goodness....
hmm?

Bloodthirsty Hellraiser

-Raiinbew-Hart
ThraII
-Raiinbew-Hart
ThraII

oh my goodness....
hmm?

both your grammar and lack of understanding of economics.
If Gaia gave us all back our taxes or even half of them, you still wouldn't be able to buy anything because that would raise prices of things back into the market. What's causing inflation is the gold generators. Gold generators release more gold into the system (as you're also suggesting gaia do by giving tax refunds) More gold into the system means people can buy more things off the market place. Hence, the price of those items goes up.

Tiny Shapeshifter

So, you think it's "fun" to get some random number added into your account... ...Ok. I think you're better off playing free flash games in other websites, which shouldn't take a year to search up for. >_>;

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
-Raiinbew-Hart
Boxed Yaoi
no
just......no
but why. who cares if inflation gets worse. its not my problem. im considered poor on this site now. and that bugs me. however. its the portion of the site who give in the gaia cash bullpoop that cause the inflation.

also.

its a website. does not change your real life in anyway regarding money and stability untill you let it control you and people take this place way too seriously and get all butt hurt over everything. i think the tax thing would add and extra fun little thing to get once a year without having to really do anything.

because if everybody on the site received a tax refund, the inflation would get worse
think of it like this:

you have 100 gold
you spend 50 gold on an item
gaia does this 50% refund, you get 25 gold back, but so does everyone else who spent 50 gold on this item
this means the items value has to increase or it becomes worthless
therefore, its price increase in retrospect to the refund
it increases by 25 gold, making the tax refund worthless as it only lowers the value of gold, whilst increasing the value of items

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
Noooooooooo. Have you met inflation yet? Here *introduces -Raiinbew-Hart to inflation* -Raiinbew-Hart--inflation. Inflation----Raiinbew-Hart. Obviously giving us out tax back would cause more inflation.

Edit: You're sick if you think inflation at this bad of a rate is actually good for the site.

Cute Hunter

ThraII
-Raiinbew-Hart
ThraII
-Raiinbew-Hart
ThraII

oh my goodness....
hmm?

both your grammar and lack of understanding of economics.
If Gaia gave us all back our taxes or even half of them, you still wouldn't be able to buy anything because that would raise prices of things back into the market. What's causing inflation is the gold generators. Gold generators release more gold into the system (as you're also suggesting gaia do by giving tax refunds) More gold into the system means people can buy more things off the market place. Hence, the price of those items goes up.
its not going to kill me to type without proper punctuation or sentance structure or spelling sometimes. get over it. heres an idea. if the users are so unhappy with what the meanie gaia overlords are doing. how about they take initiative. and sell everything on the site for 1 gold each. see all the things everyone can suddenly have. people will start actually making friends and having fun again because they can have the avi they want and wont need to be annoying and bed for gold or be rude and belittle people for being themselves and the gaian world would be a much better place.

gaia online is a company. they will never fix it because its not their problem. they are turning the site into a profitable machine. and they are happy. you have and issue with that. start a revolution. sell everyone for 1gg. do it.

Cute Hunter

Yen Quest
So, you think it's "fun" to get some random number added into your account... ...Ok. I think you're better off playing free flash games in other websites, which shouldn't take a year to search up for. >_>;
ive been appart of gaia since 2004 on multiple accounts and i have learned this one thing. when i first stated no one really cared about having billions of gold because 500k could get you one of almost everything on the site. and we liked it that way. gaia turned into a working business and thus the economy shot up. the magical imaginary economy. they will never fix it. you want to have a fun site where you can buy whatever and do whatever and make friends and have people be nice to you. then change every item for sale on the market to 1gg. and thus. the site would be a wondeful place to hangout again.

Cute Hunter

Boxed Yaoi
-Raiinbew-Hart
Boxed Yaoi
no
just......no

also.

because if everybody on the site received a tax refund, the inflation would get worse
think of it like this:

you have 100 gold
you spend 50 gold on an item
gaia does this 50% refund, you get 25 gold back, but so does everyone else who spent 50 gold on this item
this means the items value has to increase or it becomes worthless
therefore, its price increase in retrospect to the refund
it increases by 25 gold, making the tax refund worthless as it only lowers the value of gold, whilst increasing the value of items
i know how taxes and economy works. im not uneducated thank you very much. read my other responses to other people. im tired of typing the same thing over and over.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff