Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Nerd

16,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Hero 100
-Raiinbew-Hart
i find the infaltion 'crisis' hillarious. because gaia is a website.

Well, I don't know about you, but I actually care about the well-being of this site.

Actually, I do know about you. You obviously don't care about the well-being of this site. Maybe you should try out a single player free java site

Handsome Man-Lover

Boxed Yaoi
Bowie-Spawan
Boxed Yaoi
Bowie-Spawan
What I'd rather see is Ivan sending out PMs demanding people who spent above a certain amount of gold total having to file a tax return and having to pay additional taxes! >8D

More goldsinks!

that would actually be brilliant
and you could make a game out of it
either pay a fine up front
or play through a game like switchem or something and if you reach a certain level, ivan writes off your spending as a 'business expense'

Or maybe you could pay off your missing taxes by spending the gold in the goldshops XD

even better
they could release awards for those who spend over certain amounts perhaps

Yeah, if they tie it to achievements or maybe some nice item rewards (or both), people won't feel totally cheated, but rather inclined to join.

Cute Hunter

Edible Substance
So, you don't care about the value of Gold on this website or inflation, but you think it would be a "fun" idea to give people portions of the money they receive back, via the taxes from selling in the Marketplace?

So what about people that don't sell in the Marketplace, and only through Exchanges? Why even give back half of the 2%? Why not just lower the tax to 1% so Gaia doesn't have to bother with the effort of giving you back half your Gold?

This "fun" idea seems tedious and also incredibly pointless.
people sell in the exchange to avoid taxes. thats not part of my suggestion and i dont care. my suggestion is a fun little reward for people who lose gold to oblivion when they sell on the mp. i doesnt. care. sir.

Tiny Shapeshifter

-Raiinbew-Hart
lovely. then why are you talking to me if you do not care for my suggestion.
Read again. I don't care about your "join date", nor do I care about what you're trying to say for other folks. I do not agree with your definition of "fun".
Why is it only fun if you get everything for free? I would hate to have all of the items given to me; questing gives me something towards which to work. If you want to play dress-up with all the items, go to tektek. Otherwise, be prepared to either work hard or pay real money like everyone else.

Cute Hunter

Bowie-Spawan
What I'd rather see is Ivan sending out PMs demanding people who spent above a certain amount of gold total having to file a tax return and having to pay additional taxes! >8D

More goldsinks!
that would be beautiful rofl

Cute Hunter

Yen Quest
-Raiinbew-Hart
no one quite gets my point.
my whole point of this post. was a fun little reward every year. let me explain it.
Did I just not get your point with my earlier post? How I find it NOT "fun" to get some random number added into people's account? neutral
you my lady. do not see my view of fun. and thats not my problem. you dont like it. get out of here and stop trying to cause a fight. =]

Cute Hunter

Moonlight_Splendor
a nice thought
but implausible
indeedy. xD

Ruthless Shade

12,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Bowie-Spawan
Boxed Yaoi
Bowie-Spawan
Boxed Yaoi
Bowie-Spawan

More goldsinks!

or play through a game like switchem or something and if you reach a certain level, ivan writes off your spending as a 'business expense'

Or maybe you could pay off your missing taxes by spending the gold in the goldshops XD

even better

Yeah, if they tie it to achievements or maybe some nice item rewards (or both), people won't feel totally cheated, but rather inclined to join.

agreed
i'd be fine with using my gold in this way
but i can imagine there'd be some people who'd get annoyed or angry
but if there were achievements and rewards, at least they'd be getting something out of it
c:

Tiny Shapeshifter

-Raiinbew-Hart
you my lady. do not see my view of fun. and thats not my problem. you dont like it. get out of here and stop trying to cause a fight. =]

My, how rude. Disagreeing the definition of a word is simply not about looking for a fight (this is a discussion forum afterall). Well, then, I'll take my leave once I do something first, such as waving my magical wand.

Stone-cold Shade

24,550 Points
  • Spirit Hoarder 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Valiant Collector 300
That would negate the reason for the tax in the first place.
No need to make a site function useless. This definitely isn't a good idea.

Cute Hunter

Yaunie13
-Raiinbew-Hart
i find the infaltion 'crisis' hillarious. because gaia is a website.

Well, I don't know about you, but I actually care about the well-being of this site.

Actually, I do know about you. You obviously don't care about the well-being of this site. Maybe you should try out a single player free java site
i care about coming on here to make friends. not complain about gold and bothering people for gold all the time. i come on here to play the fishing games to talk to people in small chat rooms like that. and to make friends in forums. not to make gold. not to buy cool things. just to make friends. if this site suddenly shut down. everyone would be just fine without the problems its imaginary economy creats and could reconnect on face book whereever and maybe mee tup outside in the sunshine.

Cute Hunter

Shairee
Why is it only fun if you get everything for free? I would hate to have all of the items given to me; questing gives me something towards which to work. If you want to play dress-up with all the items, go to tektek. Otherwise, be prepared to either work hard or pay real money like everyone else.
i think it would just be a nice reward for people. like you who actually take the efort to quest for what they want or who play games to collect gold instead of paying real money for items to get them quickly or bother everyone and their mother for gold on the site.

Handsome Man-Lover

Boxed Yaoi
Bowie-Spawan
Boxed Yaoi
Bowie-Spawan
Boxed Yaoi
Bowie-Spawan

More goldsinks!

even better

agreed
but if there were achievements and rewards, at least they'd be getting something out of it
c:

If they make it an event tied to Ivan, much like the save the shops one before, it should be fun.
Now I want this to happen emotion_donotwant

Ruthless Shade

12,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Bowie-Spawan
Boxed Yaoi
Bowie-Spawan
Boxed Yaoi
Bowie-Spawan

even better

agreed
c:

If they make it an event tied to Ivan, much like the save the shops one before, it should be fun.
Now I want this to happen emotion_donotwant

oh wow, save the shops, that was so long ago
i'd forgotten about that...

but yes, ivan should definitely be tied in

and devin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items