Welcome to Gaia! ::

Agree or disagree. Are you sick of this, too?

It takes a lot for Nishin to be saddened by something, especially when strangers create that sadness. Well, what should make Nishin sad? I find it depressing that no one can read anymore. Well, at least the noobs. Someone actually wrote this: “It dosen't matter were in the the wrighters forum so it dosen't matter.” That’s word for word, misspelling for misspelling, grammatical error for grammatical error. IT DOES MATTER. As of late, I have seen a BUTT-LOAD OF PEOPLE NOT USING SUBFORUMS.

This poem (and the conversation it inspired) made me do some thinking. Yes, this may be construed as a rant. Yes, this will most likely get moved and will most likely prompt many to ask, “Why are you even posting this if you know?”

There are things at the top of the Writers Forum page, and we call them subforums. Not ONLY do they have self-explanatory names, but they even come with a brief description as to what goes there. Unfortunately, the “Post Reply” button comes before the list of subforums. Even so, you still have to see the subforums while you’re looking at the “Post Reply”.

Okay, there are the “I’m new to the writer’s forum” excuses. Uh, as stated above, all of the subforums are self-explanatory. You should be able to exhibit some level of reading skills and figure out where your posts go. (For those who can’t, we thank [insert your god of choice here] for the red “Report this Thread” option at the bottom of the thread.) “But why is it so important?” some would ask.

WELLY-WELLY-WELLY! Most likely, people more experienced in the fields devoted to the subforums will give you much better critiques and advice. Example: A novelist gives advice on a poem when that novelist can’t write poetry. It makes MUCH MORE SENSE for a more experience poet to give advice than the novelist. MOST LIKELY, the poet will frequent the poetry subforum.

Besides, it wastes space for the intelligent (or sometimes the not-so-intelligent) writing discussions. Wasting space for ingnorance... TSK, TSK, TSK.

Thus, I pose one of three possible solutions:
1) “Maybe if they wrote another subforum box under it in txt talk, more will understand. Gaia, patten my idea and give me money.”
2) “Maybe we should have it be in big bold red letters... Maybe that would stand out but hopefully we got this sorted out.”
3) ”Put the “Post Reply” underneath the subforum box.”
Options 1 and 3 are my ideas, so send the money to [Nishin. Option 2 is Aliyssa’s idea, so send the money to her. (I apologize if I spelt your name wrong.)

Long story short, READ THE DAMN SUBFORUMS BEFORE POSTING.

That being said, I demand to see a Harry Potter fanfic that involves Harry cheating on Ginny to rape Hermione. Either that, or I demand a fanfic of Christopher Paolini writing Eragon and replacing the dragons with cute little puppies that can eat your soul.
[Nishin
That being said, I demand to see a Harry Potter fanfic that involves Harry cheating on Ginny to rape Hermione. Either that, or I demand a fanfic of Christopher Paolini writing Eragon and replacing the dragons with cute little puppies that can eat your soul.

Dude. Have you ever seen God of War? THERE ARE HELL PUPPIES AND YOU KILL THEM. With lightning and Big Fiery Swords of Overcompensation, no less!

With that said, why on earth do you want Paolini writing anything?

And I agree with you.
Gaia is filled with silly people. The silliest of these silly people do not, in any real sense, think. Their actions are more like a moment-by-moment reflexive relay of attention-grabbing and general pandering.

So when they stumble across a forum such as this, they see nothing. They read nothing. They are filled with only one thought, "I MAEK POST!!1", and follow through as such.

Do not command them. Pity them. And, if you are bored, poke them with a sharpened stick.
It's official. [Nishin is now my favorite WF-er. heart

I haven't been to WF in Forever and have been lurking all day, I was wondering if it was just bad timing or something.. xD But yes, I noticed this too, and it's sad that a group of people who claim to be "wrighters" don't know how to read. =/
God. This is just GD all over again.

Not that I don't agree with you. But this post solves nothing. Anyone who doesn't bother to read the top of the forum will never bother to read your rant. The only people who will are just going to agree with what you're saying.

And while that's all good and fun, it really solves nothing, in the end. It's about as productive as a press conference about how doing drugs, terrorism, and murdering babies is wrong. Well, yes, easily we could all very well agree with that, but those problems are never going to be permanently solved, especially by just one press conference and a few good minded people agreeing.
Foxy Grampa

Not that I don't agree with you. But this post solves nothing. Anyone who doesn't bother to read the top of the forum will never bother to read your rant. The only people who will are just going to agree with what you're saying.

And while that's all good and fun, it really solves nothing, in the end. It's about as productive as a press conference about how doing drugs, terrorism, and murdering babies is wrong. Well, yes, easily we could all very well agree with that, but those problems are never going to be permanently solved, especially by just one press conference and a few good minded people agreeing.

Internets.

Serious business.
I call it laziness...
Totally 100% fudging agreed. I'm bloody tired of all these people coming in and asking for critique. Sooner or later I'm going to snap and I'm going to feel sorry for the person who posted their vampire fiction in the wrong forum.
Foxy Grampa
It's about as productive as a press conference about how doing drugs, terrorism, and murdering babies is wrong. Well, yes, easily we could all very well agree with that, but those problems are never going to be permanently solved, especially by just one press conference and a few good minded people agreeing.

Actually, under the right circumstances, any and all of those activities could be justified.

/devil's advocacy.
I agree, but if they're so lazy as to simply push the 'post a reply' button instead of going to the correct sub-forum then they are most certainly to lazy to read your post. And shall more than likely continue to post their sympathy pleas, and txt talk vampire fanfics in the wrong forum.
Oxxidation-14
Foxy Grampa

Internets.

Serious business.
olol i nevr herd of dat 1 b4

Codger

Oxxidation-14
Gaia is filled with silly people. The silliest of these silly people do not, in any real sense, think. Their actions are more like a moment-by-moment reflexive relay of attention-grabbing and general pandering.

So when they stumble across a forum such as this, they see nothing. They read nothing. They are filled with only one thought, "I MAEK POST!!1", and follow through as such.

Do not command them. Pity them. And, if you are bored, poke them with a sharpened stick.
If eugenics is so bad

Actually, I prefer white hot branding irons. It generates more entertaining reactions.

Also, I second Foxy. These types of rants solve nothing, regardless of how many people agree with the sentiment. Just report the errant threads and then ignore them. At least this isn't as bad as most of the other forums, since the worst we generally have to deal with here are the occasional person who's incapable of using the subforums and the occasional person who doesn't have the slightest idea in frozen over hell where they are.

why do we say stupid people shouldn't breed?
Speaking of that very thread, I was tempted to report all parties involved. Hijacking someone's thread to make fun of them? Posting multiple times that they were in the wrong forum?

Only one person should explain nicely to them that they're in the wrong place, inform them that it will be moved when a mod comes along, report the thread as misplaced, and move on. Arguing with the poster isn't going to do anything other than raise tempers. I'm more worried about the behavior of the people posting to tell them they're in the wrong forum rather than the people who put topics in the wrong forum. neutral

And, as others have already stated, complaining about it isn't going to do jack s**t. If you want to whine, take it somewhere else.oh look moved lol.
Oh yes, I know this post solves nothing. I was just wondering how many would disagree with me.

Oxxidation-14, I will poke them with a sharpened stick next time. mrgreen

Adversative: I've seen God of War. I just got into a conversation with my friends and we were talking about cute little soul-sucking puppies.

radioactive alchemist: I'm sorry. emo I feel ashamed now...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff