Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gatekeeper

I've never had a problem with what I've put in my Gaia status. But to be fair, I only really post about stupid, goofy s**t that happens to me or what I'm currently eating.

The only time I've ever had people take offense to what I post is when my status says I'm eating a really damn good cupcake or something and people get jelly on my friends list, sorry friends.

I think you need a friends list clean out though, people who are like that aren't worth your time and friendship!

Relentless Glitch

I don't bother with those status things. I haven't even changed the one that came originally.
My sig is old. I think only one or two people commented on it in the years that I've had it.

Beau

Jisen Meizuki
I will admit that I haven't updated my status for a long time, but that was because I'm too lazy to update what I'm doing or like/dislike. sweatdrop But other than that, nope. Never have any status that causes trouble to me.

As for users take Gaia status serious or not, I will say it depends on how well you know that person, both on Gaia and in RL. If they know you too well, they wouldn't let the status bother them. If they don't... Well... You can tell they really don't know you that well. sweatdrop

You know in the beginning i thought that. Maybe some people just didn't know me well enough.
Didn't get my humor or that i have medically mores downs than ups (hence not constant positive statuses).

Then suddenly friends I'd known for years that knew me completely just started getting really angry
and defensive. Having so many issues with the limited number of characters in the status.

It's why i suddenly made this topic. Seems that the groups around me take it very seriously.
So how much of Gaia does as well.

Beau

Diablo en Musica 92
Nathan Shepard

LOL XD
I can use the pimp cane if you want me to.

Hello my brotha ( O v O)
I love your avatar~! So cool

Thank you! <33
You need to get art of your current!

I hate that status character limit. I could post better ones if not for that.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
i dont add people
like, literally, the only people on my friends list are old rp buddies and people who i've forgotten existed
so their statuses mean nothing to me

my status has been the same for a while now; its about my accidental joining of a mannequin cult

Beau

Star of the South
I've never had a problem with what I've put in my Gaia status. But to be fair, I only really post about stupid, goofy s**t that happens to me or what I'm currently eating.

The only time I've ever had people take offense to what I post is when my status says I'm eating a really damn good cupcake or something and people get jelly on my friends list, sorry friends.

I think you need a friends list clean out though, people who are like that aren't worth your time and friendship!

I wouldn't get jealous. I'd get pissed because you didn't share the food. stare

I don't have friends so I can't relate,
Also I don't see the point of status updates.
"Hey taking a dump lol"
Though I would find it funny I just don't see the real point.
I do however have a suggestion:
Use your journal it's loads better.
You can keep it private or public it dates and memories past posts.
I use it to Wright down poem that come to my head things I might need to remember

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
hmm, that's a lot to think about. I usually don't worry too much about my status on Gaia actually haha, a lot of my friends aren't active any more anyway lol.

Gatekeeper

Nathan Shepard
Star of the South

I wouldn't get jealous. I'd get pissed because you didn't share the food. stare

Yeah, I'm still working on that food teleporter device I've promised a bunch of people on my friends list so I can share!

I'm just lazy.
And reallyreally bad at science.

Mostly lazy though sorry ; _;.

Beau

DJ Twissta
hmm, that's a lot to think about. I usually don't worry too much about my status on Gaia actually haha, a lot of my friends aren't active any more anyway lol.

Same with me. I used to never even think when I'd post them.
Within this year though it seems that every one i post get's examined with a magnifying glass.

I'm amazed my friends even see my status. Most of them have 100s on their lists so i used to think
that mine got bumped off the list completely.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Nathan Shepard
DJ Twissta

Same with me. I used to never even think when I'd post them.
Within this year though it seems that every one i post get's examined with a magnifying glass.

I'm amazed my friends even see my status. Most of them have 100s on their lists so i used to think
that mine got bumped off the list completely.

I understand, when you have lots of people on a friendslist, not many will routinely update their status :3

Fuzzy Explorer

most times I don't pay attention, and usually it's to carry dumb conversations with friends xD

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

Simple solution?
Don't make passive-aggressive statuses, and people won't get all butthurt and complain. razz

...no straight thing was ever made."

Perfect Saint

Oh. I don't even remember why I wrote that in my status. It's been a couple of years now?

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I personally never started a shitstorm on my status, but I have friends who have been involved in such on their statuses. Most friends I have use their statuses like a low budget "Gaia IM". Fun reads. Always reading your statuses. *creep* whee

Unless the status blatantly shows "I'm talking to someone through my status" or "i'm bullying someone/breaking the tos", I don't think you're supposed to take it any sort of way. Respond or don't. The ones who don't respond to your response are the ones who aren't actually expecting or want a response to their status (at least from you? *shrug* )

I post whatever I want within the tos in my status, including the occasional mini rant. Friends are pretty mature/don't give a s**t about it. I did have a friend who kept posting about penises and "so and so sucks/likes/etc etc c**k" in their status, and a friend who kept full blown/whining begging for stuff through their status. They had to go.

You really can't take sigs too seriously when you have the option to block 'em all except in guilds, imo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff