Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
<center>New Fishing Location?</center>

I'm sure someone is bound to have posted this, though I haven't really read it in any threads yet. If you view the page source of the map above Gambino's new mansion, the following code is tucked neatly in the middle. Remember, this is merely speculation on my part.

<!--
function LaunchFishing( map ) {
var url = "../../games/fishing/index.php?map=" + map + "&";
var popup = window.open( url , "GaiaFishing", "alwaysRaised=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,locationbar=no,
width=650,height=540,resizable=no")
popup.focus()
}
function closeWindow() {
self.close()
}
function teleportTo() { //v3.0z``
[removed].href = "/map.php?m="+document.teleporter.mapLocations.value+"&" ;
}
-->

<center>
Arguments Against This Theory</center>

The above code is on every map. It isn't special to the ocean above Gambino's new mansion. Fishing is a possibility, but all the maps have this code. It would make it easier to implement fishing later if the admins wished to. Also a sign that the admins might be using a template(?).

Starry_Kit
Here's a radical idea: what if the two new maps are simply overflow because Gambino's tower is so darn big?
It looks like it might be. Tougher then Durem?
Hate to drop everybodies hopes, but it says the same thing in the middle of durem, too. So that makes me think it's just code that pops up on every gaia map. (Though that doesn't necessarily prove there wont be fishing above the tower)
maybe they'll have boats for sale, since there really isnt any place to stand.
Credence
Hate to drop everybodies hopes, but it says the same thing in the middle of durem, too. So that makes me think it's just code that pops up on every gaia map. (Though that doesn't necessarily prove there wont be fishing above the tower)
crying ah crap.
Credence
It is on EVERY map 3nodding

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Sorry. I wasn't aware of that. Thank you though.
Mind you, however, this doesn't mean there won't be fishing. I mean...it's a good spot. Lots of...umm..water. and stuff.

Wealthy Genius

i also think its that little stream near aekea...

( nabbed this out of the source code on that page...

function LaunchFishing( map ) {
var url = "../../games/fishing/index.php?map=" + map + "&";
var popup = window.open( url , "GaiaFishing", "alwaysRaised=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,scrollbars=no,menubar=no,locationbar=no,width=650,height=540,resizable=no" wink ;
popup.focus();
}
function closeWindow() {
self.close();

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
It would make sense to keep the ability to have a fishing spot on every map. It would make it easier to implement it if they wanted to.

7,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
well it could be so the admins could add fishing, it also could be spam coad, that just got left thear by a coad template.
Here's a radical idea: what if the two new maps are simply overflow because Gambino's tower is so darn big?
Starry_Kit

possible, but there's something else unless the GMs have a manic fear of the number 12. They skipped map #12 for some reason.

7,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
dought it.
Oh and I looked at the script on the ishing and non fishing pages, Thear is no diffrance in it. And that tells me "MR. Web Designer" who ever he is (hehe) uses a template, so thats gonna be on all the map pages.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff