Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Lunatic

I think we've all been there--a new RIG, or a Cash Shop bundle, or an EI comes out and you look at your gold count and realize that there's no way you're going to be able to afford this shiny new item that you've fallen in love with unless you get down to serious business. In my case, Gaia has released tons of items I love, starting with Revolution Midnight and ending with the most recent REI bundle and Rosamund's Redemption, and I ran out of serious gold several weeks ago. I've heard of other people exchanging like mad or sighing softly and forking over some cash.

So GCD, do you:
- Sell your stuff?
- Make more gold?
- Start a quest thread?
- Buckle down and buy cash?
- Cross your fingers and hope the price drops?
- Stick the item in your signature and hope the GCD fairy works their magic?
- Try to convince yourself you don't need it?
- Realize that you have a ton of items and you actually don't need it?

In addition, has there ever been a time where items you loved kept being released so close together that you just couldn't keep up? Or have you come back from a hiatus and found so many shinies that you suddenly want?

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
this is why i play zomg and booty grab, it keeps my gold at decent levels and helps quests go faster

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
Quest thread? Ain't nobody got time for that!

The best way for me to get the stuff I want is selling or Buy low/sell high for small profits in the marketplace. I also check to see what kind of a item is and if it appeals to the users along with the poses it brings, if doesn't then it will drop eventually. Convincing myself of "not needing it" also works actually. sweatdrop

If you have a ton of items, then just sell what you won't use again and feel that it's ok to sell it. (You can buy it back probably cheaper in the future anyway)

Fluffy Treat

it's been a very long time since anything i can use has been too expensive. But when it does, i can usually find enough stuff i haven't been using any more.

Thieving Lunatic

Druddigon

The best way for me to get the stuff I want is selling or Buy low/sell high for small profits in the marketplace. I also check to see what kind of a item is and if it appeals to the users along with the poses it brings, if doesn't then it will drop eventually. Convincing myself of "not needing it" also works actually. sweatdrop

If you have a ton of items, then just sell what you won't use again and feel that it's ok to sell it. (You can buy it back probably cheaper in the future anyway)

You're right--nowadays no one seems to bother with short-term quest threads, since they're hoping it will take one or two weeks to get the item, instead of the old standard time of several months.

I can always manage to convince myself I don't need it if the item's worth more than a million gold or so at its lowest point. But when I can't do that... Well, I find myself trying to convince myself that it's okay to sell a few things.

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
Akiralta
Druddigon

You're right--nowadays no one seems to bother with short-term quest threads, since they're hoping it will take one or two weeks to get the item, instead of the old standard time of several months.

I can always manage to convince myself I don't need it if the item's worth more than a million gold or so at its lowest point. But when I can't do that... Well, I find myself trying to convince myself that it's okay to sell a few things.

It's fine to sell a few things, you can also check the colors you like .If the item doesn't go well with color and you don't want to make avatar around set color, then get rid off it. Before I had a few red items, but now I focus mostly specific blue colors. smile

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

Hm.. I usually have a substantial amount of pure with me
at any given time. I spent a s**t ton recently so I think to gain the money back
I will just buy and sell bundles over and over again. Wait til next month when
a new RIG comes out and just fork over a ton of cash for gc and buy bundles.

*nods*
I used to play zomg and bg nerf everyday. With too many things to do
nowadays I barely bg nerf anymore. So I will resort to spending cash.
No remorse. XD

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Although there's a lot of items I wouldn't mind having, I'm perfectly fine with what I have now, so I don't usually have that feeling of extremely wanting to buy multiple things.

Dedicated Conventioneer

Let's see...

It used to be I would go do an SS run in ZOMG
Then, It was collecting items for alchemist's cases.

Now that the first is rather slow and deserted and the second is more troublesome than the profit is worth, mostly I just attempt to earn cash and then resell what I buy.

^_^

Stellar Succubus

Combination of selling and working toward a quest. Mostly selling. I'm really refining down my base style and tend to quest items that fit it. As such, I have a few items I rarely use anymore that I may sell off for larger quests.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

My problem is patience...I want to save for certain items but then I end up spending the gold before I can make a good enough dent in the target amount. Earning wise I mostly stick to zOMG! for my regular income. If I'm really hard up I'll resort to Booty Grab if I need a quick 2-10k to buy something. My inventory is on the small side as well I tend to sell things off to buy other things.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

zOMG mostly

Devout Prophet

I tend to get lucky with DC, so that's how i've gotten a decent amount of coin. I am not patient, however. I want a certain item at 300k and I want it NOWS.

Hygienic Cutie-Pie

22,950 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
i have to sell gc items to be able to buy rig items i want instead of opening rigs. but if items released arent chance items and it's something that catches my attention, i just buy them with no hesitation. I try to not touch the gold i have saved up for something i would like in the future or my quest.

fxxkin demon

I most sell things I haven't used in a while. Right now I am sitting on a bit of gold because there really hasn't been anything released that I really want and costs more than a million.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff